Hotel San Giovanni Reviews

via cerretani 2, Florence, Italy

A wonderful, traditional pensione. If you've never stayed in this kind of accommodation before it may seem a little basic but for the price, location and lovely staff this can't be beat.

Excellent location! Right across from the Duomo. You couldn't beat it. Nice, old-world charm hostel, with charming bedrooms. We got a private ensuite and the room was gigantic! It could have easily been 2 bedrooms. Great and friendly staff. Close to the station (8 minute walk) and easy to find. Next to a ton of great restaurants. Will definitely stay there again!

Just thinking about this hostel makes me shiver. It's so old that I think it was built back when the Duomo was built. I love Umberto, the owner, and that's why it hurts me to write this review. Everything was very clean but the facilities were just old. For someone who's used to staying in modern hotels - I would love to see this place get renovated because the location is perfect. The double bed is also just two twin beds pushed together so sleeping on it was very uncomfortable.

GREAT hotel in the heart of Florence. Our room had a view of the Duomo... you can't beat it! The men who run the place were also really friendly. They were more than happy to answer all of my questions about how to get to different places and about recommending restaurants. Our room was also huge, and the building itself is around 700 years old! So cool; if you're looking for a good budget hotel with a great location and friendly staff then stay here.

Shower pressure was hit and miss and the water was cold, but you couldn't ask for a better location! The entrance is next door to the beautiful Duomo.

Location was amazing with a great view of the Duomo, it was easy to find and easy to explore from. We were given a map and a wifi code so we could find more things to do. The hotel was clean, smelt a little but damp but nothing opening the windows couldn't fix. One downfall was the street outside was very noisy late into the night and the bells of the duomo rang around 6am which was actually quite nice but annoying if you wanted to sleep! Overall a good stay

Great location right in the centre.

the staff was very kind with us and the location is perfect.

The BEST decision I made while in Italy. Huge, clean rooms, staff was AMAZING. The best part, however, was the location. Our room had the best view of the Duomo, literally right next to it. The church bells were our alarm clock. When you step out the door you are in the middle of Florence. Cheers to San Giovani! I will definitely be returning, could not be happier.

• 26th Jan 2015

The place is amazing, you fell in the past with the advantages of today, Humberto the host is a great person and will help in every thing you need.