Hotel San Giovanni Reviews

Via Francesco Reina, 18, Milan, Italy

They forget about our booking made 6 months in advance and we were placed at the first night on a room at the basement used by the family who take care of the hotel. The emergency phone installed on our room (that was supposed to be used by the owners to answer guest, because that was their room) ringed 3 times and the plumbing made noise all night long every time someone flush the toilet at the hotel! At the second nigh we went to the room, that was not much better than the basement!

It was generally ok. Nothing stood out and nothing was particularly bad. It was a bit far far from the city centre (30+min walk) but it wasn't too big a deal as there was a subway (not the metro) fairly close by.

Very nice man (the owner) in the reception, waited for us up to 2 a.m. to check-in. Bathroom a little small, and breakfast not included in the price, but he gave me water and breakfast for free the last day (I wasn't hosted there, only my parents). It was the best option in the city for us!

Good location / set up considering we were on exchange at politecnico di milano and were looking for apartments to rent in the area.

Paying 3 euros for the breakfast was a little steep, but I loved the family owned atmosphere, and the tip for dinner at Blender Bar was superb.

I stayed here just one night before flying from Linate. It's very convenient. It's a little bit hard to find but it's OK. I was surprised the guy at the reception was very helpful, that was a plus. I didn't have the chance to have breakfast so I cannot comment on that. Good for a night because it's far from the city center and public transport as I was in Milan a week before flying back.

The location was very good. Although it wasn't really in the centre, it was really easy to get there by bus, and the hostel was close to the station. The staff don't speak English very well, but they were always very helpful. Besides, the facilities were just like new. I would definitely stay there again.

Thanks to all the crew at San Giovanni, they made me feel at home!!! They are very friendly and helpful. Saluti amici!!!

A budget hotel, to be certain -- the staff was nice and the bathroom was fine. Bed was not great. The hotel is (as one can see) not at all in the city center, although the buses allow you to get there fairly quickly. I must note that Milano is EXTREMELY difficult to navigate as a non-local -- public maps are hard to come by. The hotel / Milano was extremely hot, and the walls are paper-thin--one of the hottest/loudest nights of my life. Internet worked fine and I didn't have to give up my key.

Lovely place. Staff was very helpful and the place was just what we needed. Highly recommended!

• 15th Jul 2013

hotel meraviglioso pulitissimo al centro solo in 6 minuti con il bus colazione offerta dal proprietario , wifi velocissima si dorme molto bene in questo hotel lo consiglio a tutti un ambiente molto rilassante vero relax per milano al centro.personale ottimo avevo letto cattive notizie prima di prenotare ,sono tutte false questo posto credo che merita di più come un 3 stelle e il prezzo e ottimo. tutto favoloso

• 19th May 2013

for a one star hotel this place certainly pulls out all the stops. staff are really helpful and kind. turned up on wrong day and try helped me find a room at another hotel and insisted on shopping a round for me to get a good deal! rooms are actually quite retro! good location. recomed especially at this price!!

beautiful night of your stay, the hotel is really good saint john well connected with the bus near the train station and also located in the city studies also easy to get to the cathedral .... a very welcome reception frescoed with paintings contemporary with excellent clean and the staff very sociable. thanks

un piccolo albergo, molto tranquillo, bello e colorato, il personale simpatico e molto educato. la colazione molto buona, camere pulite. mi sono trovata molto a mio agio. tornerò volentieri, consiglio di andarci.

• 22nd Apr 2013

We spent here 4 nights. The bathroom was very small, and from the staff only 1 person speaks english, but they are all very kind. The hotel is near to the city center, we used the suburban train + metro from Dateo (its nearer than Piola), you can reach every part of the city very fast. Check-in time from 1 pm. We reached the hotel at 10 am, so we had to wait to check in. It is a good place to stay for a few days.

beautiful hotel is only 5 minutes from the city center cathedral with bus 54, the cleanliness of the room was excellent and free breakfast great staff recommend this hotel to everyone.

• 19th Mar 2013

Stuff was friendly yet the guy didn't speak english well and when he wasn't around his girlfriend would simply reply in Italian. There was no lift despite the fact that it's a five storey building and not a hostel... Worst bit for us was that there was no wi-fi available in the rooms and the internet quality at the reception was very poor (disconnections, slow etc.)

gentile cliente il nostro hotel e solo 3 piani e come le ho spiegato per la connessione era la linea telefonica che ha subbito dei danni dato la pioggia era solo per 2 giorni il guasto . adesso abbbiamo una linea molto veloce saluti hotel san giovanni

The hotel was OK. Actually it was very clean, the room was very tidy and we had no problems. The only problem is that it was very very very noisy. Let me explain: the stairs are small and every rumor is amplified in the whole building, and, around 5 AM, a woman started screaming with a man in the stairs, and then in the room, for a total of about 1 hour, which was actually very annoying as we wanted to take some rest. Apart from that everything was OK.

Outstanding staff. Very helpful. Great deal.

Is really far from the center city and the metro station. There is a bus stop near, it helps a little.