Hotel San Salvador Reviews

Calle Galeazza 5264, 30124 San Marco, Venice, Italy

Really cute little hotel, very close to the Rialto Bridge in the San Marco district. It's not cheap, but neither is anything in Venice! The staff were very friendly and helpful; more than happy to give you advice or answer your questions. It is a little family owned place and they have someone there no matter the hour, so the place is very secure. Our room was small but clean, as was the bathroom, and get this, they even give you fresh towels when they clean your room!

I booked a single room which is located inside another building, not the one mentioned on the webpage. The wall is really thin and I can hear people coming in and out all the time. The curtain is semitransparent and I was really worried that people on the street would be able to see me changing. The room is really tiny because they managed to insert a sink inside a really small room. Towels are cotton cloth but they are easy to use, so no big problem. The price is really good.

The woman at reception was very friendly. I asked for sightseeing recommendations and she drew me a whole walking tour that was a perfect way to spend my day in Venice. Thank you!

Excellent location and really friendly staff!

Great staff and location in heart of Venice attractions. However, walls are thin and often loud outside, given that it's in a popular part of town.

The room that was given to us was really small. I was travelling with another friend and we had two medium suitcases. The space in the room only allowed one suitcase to be opened at a time. Had a rather difficult time maneuvering. Bathroom was very clean which i personally like. A very tiny showering box though. However, for the price and location, i guess i cant complain.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

I can say it was The best hostel/ hotel experince in short , as my job requires i stay in 5 *hotels around the world but staff and the location and security everything about san salvador is way much better than them and also antiq furniture in rooms makes u really feel the atmosphere of old venice another best is their staff who helps u all the time with everything even before u ask :)

A memorable trip for us, not only because Venice is so wonderful but also because our stay at San Salvador Hotel was also great! When you arrived there they will be ready to provide you with a map of Venice and a handful of useful information and tips. Staff are friendly (Ambra and her sister)... the cleaning lady is friendly and did her job so well. We stayed at the Annex building, not far from the real building. Security is good, as they installed security cameras. Well done San Salvador :)

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Wonderful, an amazing place. It had a shared bathroom, but wasn't a problem at all. The staff incredible, excellent. Very kind and lovely!

This hotel is really quite nice, including its location and the people working there.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • China

It really enjoyed my stay. The staff is just incredible! They are so friendly and very helpful, pointing out places to go on the map and suggesting restaurants. The hotel is located a short walk from St. Mark's square and right by the Rialto bridge so there isn't a shortage of things to do or places to see. However, while the room was clean,

Its not a big hotel with small roomsnot só comfy, but staff make you feel good and they are helpful in everything you need. the bad thing is That the hotel is located in a very small street which smells so bad.

The good:Location is this place's most valuable characteristic. Just at the base of the foot of the Rialto bridge. The Bad: Very low value for the money. The room was smelly, the bed clothing looked untrustworthy. The room was very noisy. There is no atmosphere on that hostel at all and besides internet there are no facilities. I rated the Staff as average because I interacted with two persons, one very bad and one quite good so I put average.

Dear Guest,Our Hotel is a small 2 stars,with a great but noisy location.We love our job and we love to take care of our guests and our guests love us too...Your Booking was for a basic room with shared bathroom,1 night.We also made you a free upgrade in 1 single private bathroom.Rooms are cleaned everyday,linen and towels changed.It looks strange that the room was smelly.Sometimes when the tide is really low or there is the acqua alta,yes venice smell,also our houses ( we are locals). Take care

I absolutely loved this place. As a first time alone-traveller, it was a perfect place to stay. I had a wonderful little room to myself with free wifi, a tv, and a window to the street below. The sisters who work there are the nicest and most helpful women I've ever met. They answered all my questions and told me a ton about the city. It wasn't very hard to find, I just followed all the signs for Per Rialto and turned at the street where the Disney store was. Great place!

• 21st Nov 2014

Convenient location and nice staff. Room and bathroom were clean and comfortable.

• 21st Nov 2014

This is a super cute hotel not a hostel. It would be nice to be able to make a cup of tea. Staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. I will stay here again in the future. Thankyou San Salvador.

We had an amazing stay at this lovely hotel in the heart of Venice. Staff was extremely helpful and offered recommendations for local cuisine and areas to visit for an authentic experience. The staff went above and beyond and even helped us with our tickets getting to our next destination. The hotel is in a very central location, only 2 minutes away from the Rialto bridge and about a 5-7 min walk from St Marks Square. Highly recommended!

• 12th Nov 2014