Hotel San Salvador Reviews

Calle Galeazza 5264, 30124 San Marco, Venice, Italy

Stayed in a private single room with a shared bathroom in the annex of Hotel San Salvador. Location was excellent, less than 10 minutes walk from San Marco Square and the Rialto Bridge. Everything was clean, and the room had a sink and towels/soap provided, which is a plus. The annex has a common area for those who like to socialize, but it is shared with only around five people so it is not loud. Overall, really enjoyed the hostel and would recommend their private rooms to anyone.

Great service, and the rooms are really really nice and clean as is the bathroom. seemed pretty empty when we stayed, not sure if the bathroom would get really busy if there were more people.not a good place if you are looking to meet people.Would definitely stay again!!!!!

• 17th May 2015

Lovely hostel, the staff were so helpful and friendly and made us feel at home straight away. We arrived late at night but this was no problem at all. Can't recommend enough. The location of this hostel is perfect for exploring the city, the staff are wonderful and helpful and recommended some lovely local places to eat. The rooms are a good size with Venetian style decor and they are kept to an excellent standard cleanliness wise. Exactly what we were looking for in a hostel.

• 2nd May 2015

Great room very comfy and secure, clean, but most of all a truly fantastic staff! So warm and helpful!! Even printed my train ticket for me and was available at anytime for any questions. I was a first time solo international tracker and couldn't have asked for a better stay :) also close to EVERYTHING!!

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Clean and comfortable with excellent staff and a great location. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Really cute little hotel, very close to the Rialto Bridge in the San Marco district. It's not cheap, but neither is anything in Venice! The staff were very friendly and helpful; more than happy to give you advice or answer your questions. It is a little family owned place and they have someone there no matter the hour, so the place is very secure. Our room was small but clean, as was the bathroom, and get this, they even give you fresh towels when they clean your room!

I booked a single room which is located inside another building, not the one mentioned on the webpage. The wall is really thin and I can hear people coming in and out all the time. The curtain is semitransparent and I was really worried that people on the street would be able to see me changing. The room is really tiny because they managed to insert a sink inside a really small room. Towels are cotton cloth but they are easy to use, so no big problem. The price is really good.

The woman at reception was very friendly. I asked for sightseeing recommendations and she drew me a whole walking tour that was a perfect way to spend my day in Venice. Thank you!

Excellent location and really friendly staff!

Great staff and location in heart of Venice attractions. However, walls are thin and often loud outside, given that it's in a popular part of town.

The room that was given to us was really small. I was travelling with another friend and we had two medium suitcases. The space in the room only allowed one suitcase to be opened at a time. Had a rather difficult time maneuvering. Bathroom was very clean which i personally like. A very tiny showering box though. However, for the price and location, i guess i cant complain.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

I can say it was The best hostel/ hotel experince in short , as my job requires i stay in 5 *hotels around the world but staff and the location and security everything about san salvador is way much better than them and also antiq furniture in rooms makes u really feel the atmosphere of old venice another best is their staff who helps u all the time with everything even before u ask :)

A memorable trip for us, not only because Venice is so wonderful but also because our stay at San Salvador Hotel was also great! When you arrived there they will be ready to provide you with a map of Venice and a handful of useful information and tips. Staff are friendly (Ambra and her sister)... the cleaning lady is friendly and did her job so well. We stayed at the Annex building, not far from the real building. Security is good, as they installed security cameras. Well done San Salvador :)

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Wonderful, an amazing place. It had a shared bathroom, but wasn't a problem at all. The staff incredible, excellent. Very kind and lovely!

This hotel is really quite nice, including its location and the people working there.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • China

It really enjoyed my stay. The staff is just incredible! They are so friendly and very helpful, pointing out places to go on the map and suggesting restaurants. The hotel is located a short walk from St. Mark's square and right by the Rialto bridge so there isn't a shortage of things to do or places to see. However, while the room was clean,

Its not a big hotel with small roomsnot só comfy, but staff make you feel good and they are helpful in everything you need. the bad thing is That the hotel is located in a very small street which smells so bad.