Hotel San Salvador Reviews

Calle del Galiazzo 5264, 30124 San Marco, Venice, Italy

We spent only 1 night in Hotel San Salvador but we absolutely loved it. It is a lovely hotel, the decoration and facilities matched perfectly with theme of the hotel, everything was really clean. Especially, the receptionist was amazing, she was so kind, fun, helpful and gave us a lot of tips and advices when travelling in Venice. It was memorable, definitely we will come back to this hotel if we travel back to Venice one day.

We had a fantastic stay here. Great clean and spacious room. We were in the annex which is literally 30 seconds away from the main building so no problem. Nice and private! We had a private bathroom which was clean and the room serviced daily. Location was perfect!! Would highly recommend staying here and will do again.

• 13th Jul 2014

My room was small but everything was very clean. I felt safe and the girls at the reception were really helpful.

Great location.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel San Salvador. We stayed two nights. Our room was in the "annex" which is a block away from the main hotel. The room is either old, noisy, and dark, or authentic and charming, depending on your point of view. Personally, I loved it and thought it was great value. The location is excellent. We had extensive conversation with one of the two Venice-born sisters who run the hotel, and she was fabulous.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Super friendly and helpful staff, very welcoming and thoughtful. The rooms were nice and clean, as were the amenities. Location was excellent, right in the centre of everything, and there was surprisingly no noise from outside when in the hotel. Would definitely stay here again should I return to Venice!

• 4th Jul 2014

The staff were very helpful and the hotel was great. Wooukd benefit from shower cap as we had ensuite shower room. But no shower cap. Location perfect and they assisted with restaurant recommendations and our transfers.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I very much enjoyed all aspects of my stay in this establishment. Very pleasant staff in a great spot. I recommend taking the short walk to San Marco around 7 am. This establishment is close enough that you will have the square to yourself.

This is a very small hotel, but you will not find a better kept facility and the location is fantastic. The ladies who run the place are amazing and helpful. Very small rooms, but they have AC and that was a Godsend!

The host was very nice and gave us very useful directions. But a few ants in a triple room, and the fridge in a double room wasn't working properly. But these were minor things. Location was great; everything was within walking distance.

The rooms are clean, although a bit too noisy. The staff is what made the experience remarkable. They are very polite and helpful. I got a great dining tip from the morning receptionist which made my stay in Venice that more memorable.

Highly recommend this hotel. Staff were genuinely lovely and the location is second to none. Brilliant base for exploring Venice

This service and hotel do not deserve this money. Very expensive...

Dear guest, we are sorry you didn't have a good stay. We tried to do our best to make you feel comfortable and help you to enjoy Venezia and your stay, as we do with all our guests. Your booking was for a private twin room without bathroom. Shower was out on the floor. We are a small 2 stars, basic services, all our rooms are pretty tiny but clean, and the rates that we provide are lawer or in line with the rates in Rialto area, and easy to check online. We wish you all the best.

The staff were so welcoming and knowledgeable of the area. Wonderful to stay with them!

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in a little alley very close to the Rialto bridge. Perfect location to get to the major sights and to the train station. The room we got was really nice, large and clean, with air con. There was a nice living room. It all felt secure - there were 3 locks between us and the outside world. Finally, the manager was a real sweetheart and very helpful. One suggestion I would make is to have a fridge, that would make it perfect.

Most friendly and helpful staffs I've met!!! Great experience!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • China

The staff members were especially helpful. They answered all our questions and gave us suggestions on places to go and good restaurants. If we come back to Venice we would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Jun 2014

We stayed in the annexe just a walk away from the main hotel, location wise it was very good I must say. Room and bathroom was very clean, towels and soap provided. Also it was safe, security cameras and doors locked automatically.The two sisters that owns the place are just amazing. Umbra suggested restaurants that the locals eat at, the food was lovely and reasonably priced. However our double bed was actually two single beds joined together but apart from that we really enjoyed our stay!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Great location and great value.

• 5th Jun 2014

Just perfect. Great location (5 min walk to piazza san marco), staff very cool and helpful, very clean. The room I stayed was actually a room in a big apartment and a shared a bathroom with another room. I really recommend it!