Hotel San Salvador Reviews

Calle del Galiazzo 5264, 30124 San Marco, Venice, Veneto, Italy

We stayed in the Annex, a short walk from the main hotel but maybe a quieter location (except for people unloading from storage below, early in the morning). Rooms good, nothing to fault. Location near the Rialto very convenient. Staff friendly and enthusiastic, spoke good English. One thing they may consider is putting together a few short notes on some local points of interest - our gondolier pointed out that Mozart's house was nearby, the local church was superb… Localised tips would be great

great staff!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Everything was good. Staff was very helpful and recommended us with awesome restaurants and gelato shops. The location is very good. The Wifi was among the best in all hotels i have been during my trip in Italy. I would totally recommend this hotel. Just that the private bathroom is not within our room and we have to walk through the corridor to get to it which was a bit of a hassle but it was quite big and very clean.

Great position in Venice, nice rooms and very friendly staff

• 27th Mar 2014

If you want a safe h(e)aven in the middle of Venice, this hotel is definitely a good choice. Rooms are very small and a bit noisy due to thin walls, but tastefully done and clean. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. You'll feel absolutely safe to leave your belongings in the room. One thing to consider: As the hotel is right in the middle of Venice, you probably have to buy a vaporetto-ticket from the train station (~7€ one way) to get there if you're heavy loaded. We would go there again!

• 25th Mar 2014

Perfect location , lovely rooms and really quiet. Much more like a hotel. Reception staff very friendly and helpful.

• 21st Mar 2014

Absolutely no complaints. Great location next to the Rialto Bridge. The staff was very friendly and gave great recommendations of where to eat. They even watched my bag for me for the entire day after I checked out because I had a late train.

Amazing hotel. I was nervous to pay this much for just a few nights (usually I stay in the cheapest hostel dorms) but I'm glad I splurged. I'm glad I did. The staff were a delight. I felt extremely safe there (which is important, as I'm a young female solo-travler.) They even let me leave my bags with them after 10:30 check-out because I wouldn't be leaving until the evening. I would recommend this place to everyone!

• 14th Feb 2014

It was perfectly located, just a few minutes walk from Piazza San Marco and all of the major attractions. Easily walkable from the central train station. The facilities were great, staff was friendly, and bed was passable. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone travelling to Venice.

Location is perfect! Staff was so friendly and helpful! We stayed in 7 places on our trip and this is the place I felt most welcomed. The room was cute and had a hair dryer and lots of towels and a mini fridge! It was also very clean! I loved this place! If I went back to Venice I would stay here again!! I felt very safe here.

Great staff, great location, very quiet despite its location, within the bustle of downtown Venice.

• 3rd Jan 2014

This was a great place to stay. My wife and I had a private double room and it was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and all their restaurant recommendations were exceptional. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Venice!

Had a nice stay, in the middle of Venice, the location couldn't be better. The owners are so friendly and helpful like a family atomsphere. Their English was good as well. I would go again to this place :)

• 6th Dec 2013

Staff was super nice and location was very central but at first hard to find but that's not their fault, it's the nature of Venice.

Very good hotel, great location and very helpful staff! Had a great stay in Venice!

This is a small but very clean and well located hotel. Ambra was absolutely delightful full of stories and recomendations. It is an excelent place to stay, very close to the Rialto Bridge. Mil gracias!!!!

I had an absolutely delightful stay at Hotel San Salvador. I stayed 2 nights after spending the previous 2 nights at a 5 star hotel with my parents. Believe it or not, Hotel San Salvador provided a more pleasant stay in many respects. The staff was exceptionably personable and their dining recommendations were very helpful. The internet connection was fast and reliable and the shower had great water pressure and temperature. Though hardly a bargain, I felt my money was well spent.

• 1st Nov 2013