Hotel San Salvador Reviews

Calle Galeazza 5264, 30124 San Marco, Venice, Italy

Great place to stay! Very clean hostel. Nice and helpful staff. Also, as a female travelling on her own I felt very safe at night!

• 29th Jul 2015

This hotel was excellent! Location was perfect right by the Rialto Bridge and the staff were so friendly and welcoming! I would definitely stay here again !

Location was perfect for what we wanted to see in our 24 hours of being in Venice, being very close to the Rialto Bridge and the Piazza San Marco. The lady on the reception desk was extremely helpful and managed to direct us to the highlight of our stay, a Violin Ensemble performance. The room was small but adequate, although the absence of shower facilities within the room was an inconvenience. Overall, a postive experience.

Great location, absolutely lovely staff- would recommend!

I had a great experience staying at Hotel San Salvador. The woman at the front desk was very kind and helpful and the rooms are air conditioned, which is a lifesaver during the summer months. It was a little tricky to find, so make sure you have directions handy. Although it was a little pricey, I would recommend staying here.

Everything was fantastic service was supreme.

• 19th Jul 2015

A friend and I stayed at this hostel while we were in Venice for a couple of nights and it was very nice! The woman who runs the place is absolutely amazing and is both friendly and knowledgeable about a lot of stuff in the area. It was also very close to San Marco's Square and overall in a great, centralized location!

• 16th Jul 2015

Really great location near the Rialto bridge. The hotel is in a small side street and very quiet. Close enough to San Marco's and also close enough to lots of great restaurants near the bridge. Good advice given for food and things to do, and the room was spacious and clean. Bathroom was great. The only thing that could be improved on was that the towels were a little thin. Otherwise, everything was fantastic. Would definitely stay there again.

The staff was incredibly kind and helpful.

• 5th Jul 2015

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was perfect. Clean, VERY friendly staff, location couldn't be more perfect. And it has AC!! And good working wifi.

Had an awesome time staying at San Salvador! The staff were really welcoming and helpful when giving hints on where to go. I had a single room with shared bathroom but was delighted to find a sink in the room too! An awesome location making it easy to walk around.

This was my favorite hotel in all my travels in Europe! It was super-cute and a little retro, which I love. Everyone who worked there was super-friendly, cheerful, and helpful - it was a joy just to come in and out and say hello and have them ask about our day. The location is central, close to the Rialto bridge, so everything is walkable. Just a joy to stay here! I was sad we had to leave. :)

The staff is especially lovely and the rooms are really nice for the price and location!

The staff at this hostel were absolutely lovely and so helpful. Our room was also very nice for what we were paying (the bathroom wasn't great and the toilet seat didn't stay up but overall the room was nice and spacious). Nice that they clean the room everyday.

Great location, right in the center of the city. As other reviewers mentioned, this does come with outside noise, but if you're not planning on sleeping in, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Good wifi, air-conditioning, small, but very neat and comfortable room. There was even a little fridge in the room with a mini-bar. We had an ensuite bathroom and a shower within a couple of feet from our room. There's someone on reception 24 hours, and the security is great.

This stay was fantastic. The location was perfect. Right in the middle of everything but entrance tucked away. Authentic cuisine around the corner and prices were spot on. The staff was so friendly and helpful on where to go throughout Venice. We felt right at home. I would recommend this quaint gem to everyone! Two thumbs up!

• 24th Jun 2015

We were so impressed with the whole experience!! Friendly, happy and extremely helpful staff! The hotel is just a minutes walk away form the Rialto bridge and wharf. The rooms are very cute with hand painted details and venetian glass chandeliers. The shower was great and they replaced our towels every morning. We had such a great time here and wouldn't go anywhere else if we were to return to Venice!!!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

My husband and I stayed here on our last two nights of our honeymoon! We stayed in the annex building very close to the office. Very clean, safe, and perfect location to hop on the alilaguna boat to go to cruise ship and the airport! We would stay here again. :)

The hotel was hard to find but then again Venice streets are like a maze. The front desk girl was super nice and told me anything I needed to know. I stay in a big room with 2 private bedrooms, however I was there by myself. The room was good enough. Bed was comfortable and the room had every thing I needed. They gave me tons of recommendations on what to eat, see and what not to do. It is a small hotel but worth the money.

very very sweet staff, lovely people! would definitely recommend this place for the price.