Hotel San Salvador Reviews

Calle Galeazza 5264, 30124 San Marco, Venice, Italy

The host was very nice and gave us very useful directions. But a few ants in a triple room, and the fridge in a double room wasn't working properly. But these were minor things. Location was great; everything was within walking distance.

The rooms are clean, although a bit too noisy. The staff is what made the experience remarkable. They are very polite and helpful. I got a great dining tip from the morning receptionist which made my stay in Venice that more memorable.

Highly recommend this hotel. Staff were genuinely lovely and the location is second to none. Brilliant base for exploring Venice

This service and hotel do not deserve this money. Very expensive...

Dear guest, we are sorry you didn't have a good stay. We tried to do our best to make you feel comfortable and help you to enjoy Venezia and your stay, as we do with all our guests. Your booking was for a private twin room without bathroom. Shower was out on the floor. We are a small 2 stars, basic services, all our rooms are pretty tiny but clean, and the rates that we provide are lawer or in line with the rates in Rialto area, and easy to check online. We wish you all the best.

The staff were so welcoming and knowledgeable of the area. Wonderful to stay with them!

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in a little alley very close to the Rialto bridge. Perfect location to get to the major sights and to the train station. The room we got was really nice, large and clean, with air con. There was a nice living room. It all felt secure - there were 3 locks between us and the outside world. Finally, the manager was a real sweetheart and very helpful. One suggestion I would make is to have a fridge, that would make it perfect.

Most friendly and helpful staffs I've met!!! Great experience!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • China

The staff members were especially helpful. They answered all our questions and gave us suggestions on places to go and good restaurants. If we come back to Venice we would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Jun 2014

We stayed in the annexe just a walk away from the main hotel, location wise it was very good I must say. Room and bathroom was very clean, towels and soap provided. Also it was safe, security cameras and doors locked automatically.The two sisters that owns the place are just amazing. Umbra suggested restaurants that the locals eat at, the food was lovely and reasonably priced. However our double bed was actually two single beds joined together but apart from that we really enjoyed our stay!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Great location and great value.

• 5th Jun 2014

Just perfect. Great location (5 min walk to piazza san marco), staff very cool and helpful, very clean. The room I stayed was actually a room in a big apartment and a shared a bathroom with another room. I really recommend it!

It was a really nice hotel, well situated next to Rialto. The staff was really nice and advise us really good places to eat - very typical and not touristic, we loved it. i recommend this place.

Wonderful helpful staff really help you make the most of your stay in Venice. This was the second time we used Hotel San Salvador so we knew it was good. The location is brilliant, the hotel is quiet and comfortable.

Great location and value with very friendly & helpful staff.

• 28th May 2014
  • Japan

The staff and location of this hostel are amazing. I met Ambra at the hostel reception when I first arrived and she could not have been more welcoming. She was so genuine and kind and made me feel right at home. Do note however, that this is more of a hotel than a hostel. Which would be the only negative. This is not a place where you can easily meet other travellers. There is a common space but it does not seem to be used by anyone really. That being said I would still stay there in the future!

A fantastic gem! geniunely friendly staff and a great location. Thanks :)

• 16th May 2014
  • New Zealand

The hotel was hard to find! The cleaner tried to speak to me in Italian, when I said 'English' he then abused me about something in Italian. I'm still not sure what. The door to the place is down a deserted alley, didn't feel too safe. And the shared bathroom was annoying to leave the room and lock it every time. I stayed here as I was stuck for accommodation but wouldn't recommend someone to stay. It was ok. But just Ok.

• 2nd May 2014

Buongiorno . We are sorry that you didn't have a great experience in our tiny hotel and annex, and in venice. Our cleaner speaks italian, and she just asked if you needed extra towels/clean the room/take away the garbage,because they are services that we do daily.Venice has been built more than 15 century ago,so it is normal to find small alleys. We are lucky, it is pretty safe.In hostelworld.com we have different types of rooms,with or without bathroom.We wish you all the best.

The staff were an absolute delight, we got a warm greeting and they were very helpful. They gave us a lot of tips about local places to eat, areas to visit and hiw to get around and even booked a restaurant table for us when we asked. The hotel itself is small and tucked away down an alley , so the rooms are a bit dark but clean and comfortable. The location was brilliant, right near to the Rialto bridge with all the nice shops and plenty of bars, restaurants and coffee shops.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Helpfulness of staff and location are definitely highlights. Great affordable place to stay in Venice.

• 21st Apr 2014

Location, location, location!!!! Close to absolutly everything you want to see in Venice. Great place, super friendly staff. It's small place with not many facilities,but good value for money!