Hotel San Salvador Reviews

Calle Galeazza 5264, 30124 San Marco, Venice, Italy

Really great location near the Rialto bridge. The hotel is in a small side street and very quiet. Close enough to San Marco's and also close enough to lots of great restaurants near the bridge. Good advice given for food and things to do, and the room was spacious and clean. Bathroom was great. The only thing that could be improved on was that the towels were a little thin. Otherwise, everything was fantastic. Would definitely stay there again.

The staff was incredibly kind and helpful.

• 5th Jul 2015

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was perfect. Clean, VERY friendly staff, location couldn't be more perfect. And it has AC!! And good working wifi.

Had an awesome time staying at San Salvador! The staff were really welcoming and helpful when giving hints on where to go. I had a single room with shared bathroom but was delighted to find a sink in the room too! An awesome location making it easy to walk around.

This was my favorite hotel in all my travels in Europe! It was super-cute and a little retro, which I love. Everyone who worked there was super-friendly, cheerful, and helpful - it was a joy just to come in and out and say hello and have them ask about our day. The location is central, close to the Rialto bridge, so everything is walkable. Just a joy to stay here! I was sad we had to leave. :)

The staff is especially lovely and the rooms are really nice for the price and location!

The staff at this hostel were absolutely lovely and so helpful. Our room was also very nice for what we were paying (the bathroom wasn't great and the toilet seat didn't stay up but overall the room was nice and spacious). Nice that they clean the room everyday.

Great location, right in the center of the city. As other reviewers mentioned, this does come with outside noise, but if you're not planning on sleeping in, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Good wifi, air-conditioning, small, but very neat and comfortable room. There was even a little fridge in the room with a mini-bar. We had an ensuite bathroom and a shower within a couple of feet from our room. There's someone on reception 24 hours, and the security is great.

This stay was fantastic. The location was perfect. Right in the middle of everything but entrance tucked away. Authentic cuisine around the corner and prices were spot on. The staff was so friendly and helpful on where to go throughout Venice. We felt right at home. I would recommend this quaint gem to everyone! Two thumbs up!

• 24th Jun 2015

We were so impressed with the whole experience!! Friendly, happy and extremely helpful staff! The hotel is just a minutes walk away form the Rialto bridge and wharf. The rooms are very cute with hand painted details and venetian glass chandeliers. The shower was great and they replaced our towels every morning. We had such a great time here and wouldn't go anywhere else if we were to return to Venice!!!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

My husband and I stayed here on our last two nights of our honeymoon! We stayed in the annex building very close to the office. Very clean, safe, and perfect location to hop on the alilaguna boat to go to cruise ship and the airport! We would stay here again. :)

The hotel was hard to find but then again Venice streets are like a maze. The front desk girl was super nice and told me anything I needed to know. I stay in a big room with 2 private bedrooms, however I was there by myself. The room was good enough. Bed was comfortable and the room had every thing I needed. They gave me tons of recommendations on what to eat, see and what not to do. It is a small hotel but worth the money.

very very sweet staff, lovely people! would definitely recommend this place for the price.

Loved our stay here, were in a building next door, but once we got to our room, it was fine. Great location, everything clean, nice large room.

Although the room was very small for 3 persons, the hostel was really clean and perfectly located. There are a few steep steps to reach the first floor, if this is an issue with you and your luggage,please advise the staff and they will help you. It's also secure, with someone at the reception 24/7.

Best and most friendly staff I have met to date

Lovely staff, great location, cozy bedroom. Recommended!

Stayed in a private single room with a shared bathroom in the annex of Hotel San Salvador. Location was excellent, less than 10 minutes walk from San Marco Square and the Rialto Bridge. Everything was clean, and the room had a sink and towels/soap provided, which is a plus. The annex has a common area for those who like to socialize, but it is shared with only around five people so it is not loud. Overall, really enjoyed the hostel and would recommend their private rooms to anyone.

Great service, and the rooms are really really nice and clean as is the bathroom. seemed pretty empty when we stayed, not sure if the bathroom would get really busy if there were more people.not a good place if you are looking to meet people.Would definitely stay again!!!!!

• 17th May 2015

Lovely hostel, the staff were so helpful and friendly and made us feel at home straight away. We arrived late at night but this was no problem at all. Can't recommend enough. The location of this hostel is perfect for exploring the city, the staff are wonderful and helpful and recommended some lovely local places to eat. The rooms are a good size with Venetian style decor and they are kept to an excellent standard cleanliness wise. Exactly what we were looking for in a hostel.