Hotel San Salvador Reviews

Calle del Galiazzo 5264, 30124 San Marco, Venice, Italy

It was a really nice hotel, well situated next to Rialto. The staff was really nice and advise us really good places to eat - very typical and not touristic, we loved it. i recommend this place.

Wonderful helpful staff really help you make the most of your stay in Venice. This was the second time we used Hotel San Salvador so we knew it was good. The location is brilliant, the hotel is quiet and comfortable.

Great location and value with very friendly & helpful staff.

• 28th May 2014
  • Japan

The staff and location of this hostel are amazing. I met Ambra at the hostel reception when I first arrived and she could not have been more welcoming. She was so genuine and kind and made me feel right at home. Do note however, that this is more of a hotel than a hostel. Which would be the only negative. This is not a place where you can easily meet other travellers. There is a common space but it does not seem to be used by anyone really. That being said I would still stay there in the future!

A fantastic gem! geniunely friendly staff and a great location. Thanks :)

• 16th May 2014
  • New Zealand

The hotel was hard to find! The cleaner tried to speak to me in Italian, when I said 'English' he then abused me about something in Italian. I'm still not sure what. The door to the place is down a deserted alley, didn't feel too safe. And the shared bathroom was annoying to leave the room and lock it every time. I stayed here as I was stuck for accommodation but wouldn't recommend someone to stay. It was ok. But just Ok.

• 2nd May 2014

Buongiorno . We are sorry that you didn't have a great experience in our tiny hotel and annex, and in venice. Our cleaner speaks italian, and she just asked if you needed extra towels/clean the room/take away the garbage,because they are services that we do daily.Venice has been built more than 15 century ago,so it is normal to find small alleys. We are lucky, it is pretty safe.In hostelworld.com we have different types of rooms,with or without bathroom.We wish you all the best.

The staff were an absolute delight, we got a warm greeting and they were very helpful. They gave us a lot of tips about local places to eat, areas to visit and hiw to get around and even booked a restaurant table for us when we asked. The hotel itself is small and tucked away down an alley , so the rooms are a bit dark but clean and comfortable. The location was brilliant, right near to the Rialto bridge with all the nice shops and plenty of bars, restaurants and coffee shops.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Helpfulness of staff and location are definitely highlights. Great affordable place to stay in Venice.

• 21st Apr 2014

Location, location, location!!!! Close to absolutly everything you want to see in Venice. Great place, super friendly staff. It's small place with not many facilities,but good value for money!

Very nice hotel in central Venice, with a great welcoming!

Amazing location. Staff were really friendly and helpful on arrival. Great place if you want to be left alone, very quiet in the hotel. Expensive for what you get, but that seems to be the case where ever you go in Venice.

We stayed in the Annex, a short walk from the main hotel but maybe a quieter location (except for people unloading from storage below, early in the morning). Rooms good, nothing to fault. Location near the Rialto very convenient. Staff friendly and enthusiastic, spoke good English. One thing they may consider is putting together a few short notes on some local points of interest - our gondolier pointed out that Mozart's house was nearby, the local church was superb… Localised tips would be great

great staff!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Everything was good. Staff was very helpful and recommended us with awesome restaurants and gelato shops. The location is very good. The Wifi was among the best in all hotels i have been during my trip in Italy. I would totally recommend this hotel. Just that the private bathroom is not within our room and we have to walk through the corridor to get to it which was a bit of a hassle but it was quite big and very clean.

Great position in Venice, nice rooms and very friendly staff

• 27th Mar 2014

If you want a safe h(e)aven in the middle of Venice, this hotel is definitely a good choice. Rooms are very small and a bit noisy due to thin walls, but tastefully done and clean. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. You'll feel absolutely safe to leave your belongings in the room. One thing to consider: As the hotel is right in the middle of Venice, you probably have to buy a vaporetto-ticket from the train station (~7€ one way) to get there if you're heavy loaded. We would go there again!

• 25th Mar 2014

Perfect location , lovely rooms and really quiet. Much more like a hotel. Reception staff very friendly and helpful.

• 21st Mar 2014

Absolutely no complaints. Great location next to the Rialto Bridge. The staff was very friendly and gave great recommendations of where to eat. They even watched my bag for me for the entire day after I checked out because I had a late train.

Amazing hotel. I was nervous to pay this much for just a few nights (usually I stay in the cheapest hostel dorms) but I'm glad I splurged. I'm glad I did. The staff were a delight. I felt extremely safe there (which is important, as I'm a young female solo-travler.) They even let me leave my bags with them after 10:30 check-out because I wouldn't be leaving until the evening. I would recommend this place to everyone!

• 14th Feb 2014