Hotel San Tomaso Reviews

Viale Tunisia, 6 (III piano - floor), Milan, Italy

This hostel was actually OK for the money. Good location, clean sheets and staff were helpful, if unsmiling.

We stayed at the 4bed-room at the end of the floor. The girl at the reception did almost not speak italian and not good english. Not very helpful but ok for us, we know Milan well. Room had its own bathroom. Everything clean but old. Toilet made noise all the time (flush). Very hot but a ventilator in the bedroom. Could lock the room. No Save or locker. 24hr-reception. Very good price and location (close to main station and metro).

Nice place to stay for cheap in Milan.

• 5th Aug 2014

the young staff are good than the old one, they show me the way and help me cook the.steak, but at night when I want to ask how to go to a train station , at the same time one man who come to check in, the old women ignore me just told me wait 10mins and come back, because they are busy, I don't like this feeling. the location is good and room is clean, I think it's almost ok .

This hotel lacked the basics of any hostel. There are no lockers in the rooms. The rooms have no individual room keys! So that means people can just walk in and grab your stuff. Only "security" is that you must buzz the door downstairs to be let in. Only good thing was that there was wifi and that it was decently close to the Duomo. I would take your money and spend a bit more on a place with security. But if you have nothing valuable, this place will do just fine.

• 10th Jul 2014

Very disapointed, poor service offered. Had communication prior to scheduled stay where there was little understanding for certain circumstances.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

good hotel

Nice place to stay for a short period of time

Nice location, pretty clean and roomy. But no lockers! Wendy really helped me a lot, thank you :)

The hotel is located at the shopping street and main attractions are all in a walkable distance. We booked a triple private room. To our surprise, there is a shower in our room right in front of the bed hahaha. In the room there is also a balcony,TV, sink, and closet. It is sort of noisy at night. There are three more shared shower rooms and hair dryer can be borrowed from the counter. Generally, we like this hotel!

I needed a place close to the train. My only reason for being in Milan was because that was were I flew in. This place serves that purpose and was decent enough. hot water was good and 24hr reception.

We used a twin room in Hotel San Tomaso for 5 nights. With perfect location and extra clean rooms, this hotel definetely worth your money. Staff can speak english, no problem there. The only problem about the hotel is the limited wifi area, but considering all of the facts, it is a good place to stay.

Unsafe, dirty, unwelcoming, and uncomfortable. The staff was unfriendly too. The rooms were a nice size, you could get comfortable and have some space, but the bathrooms were dirty for the most part. Thank goodness we only stayed for one night. I could handle it for one cheap night, but no more than that.

We've stayed at the Hotel San Tomaso for 3 nights and when we arrived no one knew that they had to expect us. We weren't subscribe although we payed before at Hostelworld.com and the rest in the hotel. Well, we could stay and our room was clean, but from the shower came water outside and the whole time the shower splashed. Very irritating!!! As well the toilet, the water went trough the whole time. WIFI didn't work in our room, the TV had 3 channels.The most horrible thing had been the mosquitos

Very clean and quiet hostel with a good location and great facilities near Milan's historic center. Unfortunately this hostel lack of friendly staff and a typical atmosphere.

Strange elevators, no all are going to the hostel on the 3rd floor. Chinese girls working at the reception, one in day shift was nice, other in night shift was useless, sleeping when I arrived, took her 10 mins to get me the room number although my friend has already checked in. Cold room, windows would not close fully. Bathroom too small.

Security was a joke. No lock on the doors. At one point nearly all the staff there were moving through my room at once as there had been some issue with another guest. You must restrict accesss to a room to everyone but the guests, this includes staff. If something had gone missing or been broke, how would you know who was at fault? You cannot have all staff going in and out of a room like that, it is a security and privacy issue. Have one staff member clean and another to investigate issues.

The hostel is quite nice I Guess. The only think that bothered me and made me mad were my roomies.

It's not a youth travellers hostel, I had rather feeling of a quarter/rooming house. I slept in a shared room, no lockers and not an experience for solo female traveller. But for other purpose may be good - very close to the train station and nice staff, though rather easy bathrooms/toilets.

• 27th Mar 2014