Hotel Santamaria

• St. 2 and Ave. 4 50mts west from Popular BanK, Downtown Alajuela, Next to Juan Santamaria Park, Alajuela, Costa Rica

8.8
Fabulous 35 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 35 Total Reviews

• pbila
  • Switzerland, Male, 18-24
21st Nov 2016

Perfect for a night before you fly out!

16th Nov 2016

Very friendly, attentive staff. Excellent location for airport access.

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Nov 2016

I stayed in Hotel Santamaria when I first arrived in Costa Rica and my last night there because of the proximity to the airport. Everyone who worked there was so nice and willing to help us, and Alajuela was a lot of fun to explore. The room was clean and very secure. The breakfast consisted of coffee, juice, fruit, and toast (which is more than enough for me). Overall, a great place to stop!

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
4th Nov 2016

What a great place to stay! Right in the heart of downtown, near museums and other great attractions. Great staff and nice breakfast of fresh fruit, coffee and toast. Take Uber, taxis are much more expensive. We took uber all the way to Doka coffee estate for only $8!!! Staff is great and accommodations are top notch for a hostel (shower was cold though).

8th Oct 2016
8.0

The room was big and had everything I needed, but only had a simple lock on the sliding glass door that with enough effort I'm sure could be forced open given the secluded location I'd don't think it will be an issue, but worth a mention. Also the way the shower is setup in my room the water blasts right out stall and created a huge puddle that traveled into my room. The dinner I paid for and the free breakfast were great as well the staff that served everything.

17th Sep 2016

Great solution for a layover between the airport and your upcoming destination! I recommend to anyone wishing to rest after their flight before they go on to other locations.