Hotel Sarang Palace Reviews

A-40, Subhash Nagar, Jaipur, India

We booked two rooms, but when we turned up to check in the staff insisted that we'd booked two beds in one room. For the price I was so certain that this wasn't the case, but without WiFi I wasn't able to check my email and confirm so we had to accept the one room in the meantime. Once we'd checked in I checked my email and would you believe it I was right. Had I chosen to believe them they would have cheated me out of £30, which as anyone knows in India goes a long way. Not great is it.

• 8th Dec 2015

Our room here was really nice, very clean and included a maid service each day. Service was very good, the staff didn't speak great English but were very helpful. The restaurant was clean and the food good, only issue was that a lot of things on the menu were unavailable. Biggest downside was how loud the hotel was, the walls were very thin so when guests next door had the TV on we could hear. Hotel was about 3km away from the city centre, so a little further than hoped.

After waiting over 2 hours at the airport for a pick up - my email to change pick up time as our flight had been changed, had been acknowledged but not processed through someone's brain apparently - we arrived at a very sub-par hotel in a very out-of-the-way neighbourhood of Jaipur. After assessing the rooms we elected not to stay, and left the hotel amid threats from reception of charges to our credit card, etc.

I Enjoyed my Stay In This Hotel. It was comfortable and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful even though I felt like they were expecting a tip for everything.. multiple checks in my room to show me how to use tv, plug in my phone even though I didn't ask for assistance. Had two fellas staring at me while having dinner in the restaurant downstairs. Low season I know but I still needed some breathing space. The service was good though.

They had an excellent restaurant, but the hotel had no internet.

Had a problem with the deposit there and they booked us a car with no a/c, even though requested, they still charged us the full amount.

The deposit was a problem created by the customer, because the customer changed their schedule at the last minute without informing to hostelworld about the same. The deposit was done with Hostel world , not with Sarang Palace. The balance payments were taken correctly by Sarang Palace which was verified later by Hostel World Management staff.