Hotel Savonarola Reviews

Viale Matteotti 27, Florence, Italy

The people here were so helpful. Area was very clean. The guy working at the front desk was so nice and told us what your to take and helped us book things. He also drew on a map his favorite restaurants and best places to see. I would have stayed longer if I could! Love it!

Probably my best stay in european hostels. I have booked a single and i was surprised how cute my room. The guy at the desk was very helpful and, even if i had only a day time to visit Florence, he gave me a map with lots of suggestions. The hotel is pretty well located , only 15 minutes walk to the Dome and about 10 minutes to the "David". Good wi-fi but, as the staff suggested me, spend your time living Florence ...absolutely worth !

• 15th Aug 2015

Only stayed one night, so it's hard to give a fair view however we we checked in the staff member showed us where to go for the cheapest parking which worked out well. Furthermore he gave us a map and info! Buffet style Breakfast was good too.

QUality tiny hotel with spacious and clean rooms

• 8th Aug 2015

Very nice small hotel well managed by two florentine brothers. Very good wi-fi, air conditioning and excellent cleanliness

• 6th Aug 2015

Mille grazie per il soggiorno. Possiamo raccomandare l'hotel Savonarola

Hotel owner gave us excellent tour of city drawn on map! including his recommended restaurants! really nice hotel for what we paid!

Great room lovely staff.

The staff was great. Very informative and kind. Breakfast costs 5 euro and you cannot stay hungry after it. Its 10 min from city centar by walk and its not noisy during night. Good place to take a sleep by affordable price

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

CAN'T BE BETTER! Stayed in an awful hotel because Savonarola was full, then we realized how perfect Savonarola was! Staff super friendly and informative. I broke my foot, they were helpful and gave me ice to ease the pain. Only problem was that our bathroom was outside of the room, a bit of a pain for myself (just me). Room was a lot bigger than our latter pricier hotel. Location was good, walkable to most sites. *Most importantly, it was a blessing to have AC in such a hot hot Florenz summer!*

Staff were amazing and the breakfast is great for €5. Very local to all the main attractions.

Very nice hotel located about 15 minutes to the Dome. My single was very pretty, good wi-fi. The brothers at the desk speak a fluent english and they know everything about Florence. I bought breakfast ( good ! ) for just 5 euros. Nice music in the common area. It's nice to find a clean place , very nice !

• 19th Jul 2015

The entire staff was extremely helpful and nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Excellent experience ! Clean, cool, cheap and well located small hotel. Good wi-fi and 24hrs reception. This place was what we were looking for ...thank you !

• 15th Jul 2015

Leonardo was very helpful upon our arrival into Florence. He showed us the map and highlighted the main sights to see. The Location was good, about 15 mins walk to main city center. Florence is quite small so easy to get around. The room was air conditioned and clean and we had no issues at all. Would stay here again.

It was a great hotel in the middle of Florence. Thought it was a little far away from everything, Florence is a town where walking is a must but there was a bus that took you to the train station which made it easy for the day we arrived and left. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and best of all was the Air conditioning in the room! Europe has been going through a heatwave and the air conditioning in the room was the best luxury a girl could ask for. Would definitely come back here.

We had a GREAT stay at this hotel! The facilities were great, they had AC which was just what we needed, a big room, and the staff was more than helpful. The only thing that wasn't great about this hotel was the location, it was just outside of the main part of the city, but still pretty close. If it hadn't been summer the location wouldn't have been a problem but because it was so hot we didn't want to walk, but the bus stop is very close too.

Staff were excellent! So accommodating! Showed us on the map where to go to eat, shop, and all the monuments/attractions. It was very helpful. Breakfast was great for 5 Euro. Air conditioning was great, and room was nice. Overall enjoyed our stay and would recommend!

Nice small hotel, very well located and clean. My single was nicely decorated , good wi-fi and breakfast was pretty good for 5 euros ( considering bars in town charges you 1.50 euros to stand up while you have your cappucino ). The staff is very friendly and their tips were excellent. thank you !!

• 6th Jul 2015

Cute room, helpful staff and perfect price for what you get. Lucky choice !

• 25th Jun 2015