Hotel Savonarola Reviews

Viale Matteotti 27, Florence, Italy

Fantastic hostel with even more fantastic staff. Location is a little north of the main area, but it makes for a pleasant walk and allows you to get away from touristy things. Everything was clean, and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Would definitely recommend a stay here if you need peace and quiet after a long day out!

The host was really helpful, marking the map with every place we needed to go and giving us useful tips. The room was really quiet, and it had towels and a private bathroom (which was a great luxury). It was a little far away from the center of the city and some of the nightlife, but it was definitely walkable. Everything was very clean, and they allowed us to keep our bags there following our check-out. We really enjoyed the hostel as well as our time in Florence!

• 28th Jan 2016

The hotel is located quite far from the Central Station. Staff members were very friendly and helpful. The room and bathrooms were clean, though some of the facilities were rather worn out. Rooms were fairly priced. Overall we enjoyed our stay there.

This was my first time travelling/ staying alone and the gentlemen here were so helpful. I was given a map of Florence and personal recommendations for restaurants which were very good. I booked a double room because personally I enjoy a larger bed and my room was simple and cozy. Exactly what I needed. The overall experience was great. I'd recommend staying here 100%.

• 24th Jan 2016

Kind Alyssa. Thanks for your wonderful review ! It has been great to have you here at Hotel Savonarola ! Leo

Perfect Choice for us . Very clean, warm and spacious room. Perfect wi-fi and cute little bar in the common area . Staff spoke a very fluent english and all monuments were an easy walking distance. Truly surprised how nice it is considering it was very cheap.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Really enjoyed it here. It was pretty inexpensive, but we got our own room and bathroom that was clean and very roomy. The guy at the front desk was very nice too, and told us great places to go in Florence. It was only a ten minute walk from the Duomo! Didn't have breakfast there but there was a cute little place to sit and have coffee in the lobby. Also, you needed to get buzzed in to enter the hotel, so it was very safe!

• 22nd Jan 2016

The staff is incredibly welcoming! They were helpful in every way. We had small problems with the AC and the hot water and both were fixed in under 10 minutes. The rooms were always clean and the place itself is very atmospheric. I bet you cannot find a better place to stay so close to the center of the city.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Hungary

This is a great hostel and I would definitively go there again and totally recommend it. The Hotel has a great localization and I could go to every touristic attraction by foot. And the staff was really the best ! They were so helpful and kind, and when we get there they give us a map and explain to us all the city attractions, which was VERY VERY helpful - shows us a unique and personalised service, which makes the staff and the hotel stay very special and a great experience.

It was a really nice place to stay for our trip to Florence! My mom and I enjoyed our stay very much. Ricardo and his brother who are the main two who run the place are both super friendly and helpful!

Overall a decent experience. The location was a 5-10 minute walk from most areas. The hotel staff was really helpful and nice. The only let down was the bathroom due to mold and cold showers. But the room we stayed in was nice and relatively clean.

Very clean hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They recommended us great places to eat. Good location. We didnt need to use any public transportation. I definetely recommend.

Ricardo and Leo, the owners are two really great hosts. Very very helpful with whatever questions we had!

• 26th Dec 2015

The location is perfect, everything is within walking distance. And It's above an old cinema, the surrounding is nice. The staff there is nice and helpful. It was near Christmas time and we got to upgrade to a room with private bathroom thanks to the receptionist. He also recommended several restaurants which we enjoyed the food a lot.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • China

Amazing place, amazing staff. Very helpful and thankful. Breakfast is delicious and cheap. Atmosphere is very nice and the staff is very sweet!

Staff was really nice and helpful. Had great tips. Location is great.

• 18th Dec 2015

Thank you very much Britta !!!

Could not of asked for a better spot in btw our travels.Staff(Ricardo) awesome guy. very helpful.very accomodating. THANK YOU. Rooms are big and comfortable. walk out front door hook a left and another and straight shot to Duomo. little ways walk to center but easy. also exactly 20 min walk with luggage to train station. great breakfast, coffee to start day at small price but worth it. beds are comfortable, hot water although shower space is small. all in all id return your friends from Californ

Friendly, clean, nice and perfectly located budget hotel. I've enjoyed it !

• 12th Dec 2015

We were very impressed with the quality of the hotel especially in light of the price ! I will definitely recommend this hostel to others staying in Florence

• 3rd Dec 2015

It was cold and the heater evidently only works when they decide is should work. Luckily the staff gave us the remote to the AC and you can turn it on warm so we didn't freeze.

Kind Mr Gilbert . The heating system has been on pretty much all the time you have been in room with the exception of 3 hours in the afternoon. I did not give you any remote, it was already there. It would never stay on 24 hour continuously. It's such a shame to leave it always on and not everybody like it that way. The remote for private rooms splits is there for that.

Luxury hostel with cool private rooms. Very well kept ambients, common/breakfast area ( nice music ), very clean and warm room. Location was nice as well. Just about 10 minutes to the David and about 15 minutes only to the Dome. Best wi-fi i have used in my vacation. Funny password !!! Thanks guys !

• 24th Nov 2015