Hotel Sea Waves Reviews

Corniche Street, El Kayadat, Hurghada, Egypt

Pretty bad place. Sheets were too small to stay on the bed, AC didn't work (but there was a huge fan), WIFI didn't work most of the time etc. Huge rooftop terrace which might be cool with other people in high season, but it was badly maintained like the rest of the hotel. Owner/manager should do some maintaince instead to watching tv 24/7 from the couch.He arranged expensive airport transfer from a guy he trusted. He dropped me off at the wrong terminal and picked another dude up on the way.

the only one hostel in hurghada ! Im low cost traveller sleep here two nights in 3beds room (no other person) ! every hurghada persons very boring the tourists include the hostel staff , but for this money very good choice this hostel. near the sea (almost every beach is paying ) near little shop, near dahar bazaar.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Hungary

Sea Waves is a nice facility right on the coast. The hosts are friendly and helpful. The Red Sea is amazing, whether you snorkle, dive, or just swim out to the channel with goggles. The people are friendly and the city has its own sites, but the real attraction is the Red Sea.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They were so valuable to my experience in Hurghada. The hotel is a little out of the way and taxi drivers don't know it, so don't try to arrive on your own.

At the top there are a nice teracce with a beautiful view. The staff is very friendly.

This place was apparently being renovated, nothing structurally wrong with it and the facilities were adequate, however, improvements are needed. The shower in my room was a dribble, it worked when the owner had a real good fiddle around with it. To get warm water he had to turn a boiler on; you'll need to ask for this specifically. The location is roughly as described, it's behind the Cinderella hostel but a few blocks to the left (i think) if your back is to the sea.

Hi, the hostel is 5/10 minutes walk to the beaches; it has a good sunny roof and the admindtration staff are freindly and helpful. We were also picked up from Hurghda airport for 50 LE; Ali was waiting for us; which made reaching the hostel an easy experience. Sea Waves is located in the old part of the city which makes for an easy commute to see more of the people and the city.

Well, Sea Waves was a real gem, the rooms unpretentious but gentle and very clean, an atmospheric roof-terrace with view to the hills behind. But the biggest thrill is the staff - Maria and Ali being very friendly and helpful all the way. Highly recommended.

The thing that makes the hostel special and awesome is the huge sunny rooftop. It is an invitation to sit down and chill, relax and enjoy yourself (and the sun or shade). The rooms are simple but we had everything we needed. The staff is very friendly and super helpful, whether it comes to making tea, arranging for a (good priced) taxi pick up, or whatsoever. All in all it has high value for money and is very recommendable.

• 23rd Dec 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Sea Waves, originally intending to only stay one night, but i liked it so much at i extended my stay for a few days. Under new Management, they showed me what true service was- cooking for me, and letting me use their kitchen facilities, taking care of my laundry, and running errands for me. They have a massive and comfortable rooftop garden complete with large grill where travellers should feel free to be at home. Free access to geisun beach saves much money!!!

• 10th Dec 2012

I stayed 1 night at this place, I have noticed that is located in an area that is still under construction. Also, at the time of checking-in the owner of the place asked me for 20 additional LE for "city taxes". I don´t really know if this true and he keep 5 extra pounds that never gave back to me because he has no change at this time. I also booked the transportation to the airport, it was ok, in a taxi cab,on time, for 50LE but in the road the taxi driver asked for 5 extra LE. Really disapoint

The staff here are really great. We only stayed for one night but we were made to feel very welcome. The roof terrace is gorgeous too. Really nice place to stay.

• 31st Mar 2012

Good for budget travellers who don`t expect much from the room/bathroom (the cleanliness was rather good). The staff was really friendly and helpful.