Hotel Sergul Reviews

87 Shepherds Bush Road, W6 7LR, London, England

Really liked the friendly reception and willingness to help us with transport and entertainement information nearby the hotel and London centre. The hotel is located in a Family neibourhood, neverthless well served by public transportation. The room was well cleanned, including couple snacks, tea, coffee-milk in the room. We enjoyed the weekend spent in London.

Good location and very reasonable price for the area. The rooms were clean, although a bit dated. Facilities were a bit hit and miss: My colleagues shower only had a trickle of water while mine was so hot that I got burned, and it couldn't be regulated. Also, internet signal was non-existent in my room - couldn't connect at all, while fine in my colleague's room. Staff could be friendlier - they weren't rude, but they didn't smile, ever.

Firstly, my apologies for the inconvenience. The Grohe Shower units have a temperature control knob which regulates the heat. I am sorry you were not able to navigate it. The top floor shower operates with a pressure pump and does kick-in. Unfortunately, I did not mention to you that I was unwell, as I thought it inappropriate. The garden side room struggles with the internet, but not impossible. Feeling much better now and will continue to receive my guests with a welcoming smile!

My partner and I booked as last minute accommodation and we were so happy with our choice. Mara was fantastic and very helpful. The room was simple but met our needs, the bed was very comfortable. The shower was a bit tricky to figure out but that could have been us and the kettle leaked even with a small amount of water. Not that either of these were a big concern for us. All in all, I got what I paid for and loved our stay.

perfect for my requirements....

• 22nd Feb 2014

I stayed in a single en suite room, and had an excellent experience. The owner is lovely and very considerate. The rooms are a bit spartan (to be expected in London), but clean and completely adequate. My room had a bit of street noise, but not enough to be bothersome. From the hostel, it's about a 10 minute walk to the Hammersmith tube station and from there between 15 and 25 minutes tube ride, depending on where you're headed. Overall, I had a lovely experience and would stay here again.

Although it's a little far out of central London and you have to take the tube in, from stations a five minutes' walk away, other factors more than make up for this. It's a clean, peaceful, well-run hotel with modern bathrooms and comfy beds. GBP65 is very reasonable for a hotel in London on New Year's Eve when you consider that hostels were charging about the same figure. I particularly appreciated the warm British hospitality of Mara, the hotelier, and would definitely stay again.

• 31st Dec 2013

It's a nice hotel - good price quality ratio. It's located in a nice neighborhood and close to the tube. They however don't offer breakfast, and you might need to climb some stairs. Room is quite small, but very clean and it has everything you need. I would surely recommend this hotel to other guests!

Sergul is a very nice cosy little hotel just outside the city center. Close to Hammersmith and Shepherds Bush Underground stations so very well reachable. The neighbourhood has some shops, breakfast place, fish and chips shop etc. The lady of the house is very friendly and helpfull. The room we had was okay for 2 persons, not too big but cosy and very clean. There was also free internet. We had a nice time there and would sure go again next time.

• 29th Nov 2013

Good location, close to the metro stop. The sheets were old and ripped as was the comforter. Getting new sheets/blankets would make a huge difference.

I can only apologise profusely to you for the damaged bedlinen that was mistakenly used on the beds. Due to a busy spell we were experiencing, we failed to notice a very small batch and will make sure that this does not happen again.

My friend and I stayed here for a weekend, and found it great for what we payed. The location of the hotel is the best part of it. It is very close to the Hammersmith tube, its easy to get anywhere you want without spending too much money. The building is old, but the room was clean, bedsheet and towels were very clean. Besides Mara the hotel owner is very nice and helpful, she booked a taxi to pick me up at 4am to drop me at the terravision bus station for only 15€.

• 10th Nov 2013

Great Location and great staff with a good price. If i come back to London onde day, i will stay at Hotel Sergul again. Ms Mara(owner of the hotel) was a very respectful person that helped me a lot in my hosting. London is a lovely Town and Hotel Sergul is the right place to stay, i recommend!

• 6th Nov 2013

A very nice place to stay at. Everything was really good, and Mara is definitely adorable. We're planning to go back there soon. .

Very clean and warm. It's close to Hammersmith station. The are also good pub to eat/drink something

• 28th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It's a great hotel and the staff is very nice too. I'll take it into consideration when i visit London next time. =)

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

Very good location, you just need 5 minutes to get to the closest tube and also has a tesco almost next door Really nice place to stay Though I would be happier if the WIFI connection was better

The staff makes the experience! Quaint family run hotel. Room is simple, all you need if looking for a lower cost hotel option with charm. Room was a little dusty, could be it faced street which was around everything you need. Walking distance from tube.

An ideal place to stay in the west London. Location is very pleasing and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.

• 21st Sep 2013
  • India

A perfect place!

Such a great hotel Friendly stuff So safe and feels like home Great area!

• 19th Sep 2013

Great hotel especially for the price. Nice