8.4
Fabulous 105 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 105 Total Reviews
Hotel Silver Home Located at Thamel-29, , Kathmandu.
Nepal
Kathmandu Thamel-29
84% 105
27.7137360 85.3115200
    Rooms available

6th Apr 2016

The lockers in the dorm don't work and the shower is horrible but everything else is perfect. Good beds, not so noisy, good wifi, excellent staff and superb price.

• Thailand, Male, 31-40
1st Apr 2016
4.9

I have booked 4 or 5 beds dorm but when I arrived the hotel. Staff updated us that they have put more 5 beds in the room and not updated picture or information. That make us a bit annoy.

28th Mar 2016
7.1

Super friendly staff! A bit hard to find the first time it is tucked off the one of the main streets in Thamel. Music from the Main Street can still be heard. Note profile says they take cards they DON'T. I stayed three nights and one had one hot shower at a trickle in the dorm. Comfy beds and clean sheets! Planning on staying again.

25th Mar 2016

Overall Hotel Silver Home was great - the location is in the heart of Thamel, though I should mention it can get loud on weekends if you are trying to sleep before 11pm, the rooms were pretty cleanly for the price, and breakfast came with the price. There are coffee shops and lots of food options nearby as well which was really convenient for me. The only downside was that I never had warm/hot water in my shower :(, not the end of the world but would have been nice.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
18th Mar 2016

Great location in Thamal, just off of the main street so quieter to sleep. Amazing value for money. Unfortunately, they said they would pick us up at the airport and didn't send anyone and never tried to reach us and never offered to reimburse our taxi.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
14th Mar 2016

The staff here are amazing and the price is fantastic. Good location, Delicious breakfast and the beds are very comfortable. My only complaint is that the hot water is difficult. I have stayed here for 5 nights and only one of these times I have had hot water for a shower. All the other good things about this hostel make up for it!

• Spain, Female, 25-30
28th Feb 2016

I was very happy there. Cheap and good. Good location. I'll be back

2nd Feb 2016
8.0

Best wifi in Kathmandu. Friendly(ish) staff that can be weird at times. Good atmosphere, met some good people here for drinks and what not. Great location, far quieter than most other hostels on Kathmandu. Spacious, no bunk beds, hot showers almost all day. Would absolutely stay again. For $3 a night, you can't beat it. Stay here instead of Happily Ever After(the 2 cheapest in Kathmandu). I stayed in both and this one was far, far better.

• England, Male, 31-40
18th Jan 2016

During my time in Kathmandu I stayed at the hotel three times. The staff were so helpful and stored my belongings while I went trekking. They were also really helpful with information about the local area and how to find certain places. Harry is such a great host and I enjoyed playing football (soccer) with the guys working there. Thanks for an amazing experience!!

16th Dec 2015