Hotel Soggiorno Blu Reviews

Via Magenta, 39, Rome, Italy

While very basic, hotel soggiorno Blu was in the perfect location from the station, and easy to walk everywhere. The immediate location was quite dirty, but on the other side of the station, there were beautiful restaurants and sights. The brekky is a simple pastry and coffee, but the coffee is strong and will get you ready for a big day ahead! Prepare to talk to people with very limited English, but give them a smile and it will go a long way.

• 6th Dec 2014

I thought this hotel was going to be quite nice because of the reviews. To my surprise, the hotel was the complete opposite. I've stayed in hostels nicer than this hotel. The staff was ok. They seemed overwhelmed and understaffed which caused for confusion. They mistakenly tried to charge one of my friends for the room twice after she had already paid. I paid for the wifi, but it didn't work. Also the room we stayed in had a bathroom that was full of mildew which gave it a rank smell.

• 2nd Dec 2014

This was the worst hostel we attempted to stay at on the trip. It was not in a safe location. No one was at the front desk. We had to buzz for help and it took 5 minutes for someone to show up to check us in. When we did check in he demanded I pay in cash. I paid but when I went to the room I was very concerned about our safety. I insisted that we leave and find other accommodations. I was afraid we would be jumped when we walked to our car. There were men loitering everywhere. Terrible