Hotel Soggiorno Blu Reviews

Via Magenta, 39, Rome, Italy

While very basic, hotel soggiorno Blu was in the perfect location from the station, and easy to walk everywhere. The immediate location was quite dirty, but on the other side of the station, there were beautiful restaurants and sights. The brekky is a simple pastry and coffee, but the coffee is strong and will get you ready for a big day ahead! Prepare to talk to people with very limited English, but give them a smile and it will go a long way.

• 6th Dec 2014

This was the worst hostel we attempted to stay at on the trip. It was not in a safe location. No one was at the front desk. We had to buzz for help and it took 5 minutes for someone to show up to check us in. When we did check in he demanded I pay in cash. I paid but when I went to the room I was very concerned about our safety. I insisted that we leave and find other accommodations. I was afraid we would be jumped when we walked to our car. There were men loitering everywhere. Terrible

The only good thing about this hostel is it's incredibly close proximity to Termini station. It was dirty, noisy, unsafe and poorly managed. Literally the comforter is the same exact material as the curtains. Also, the wifi didn't work, which was half the reason we picked this hostel. Yuck. Stay somewhere else.

Great! I would love to stay here again. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We had a problem connecting to wifi and they resolved it immediately.

• 2nd Nov 2014

The hostel was not at all what we expected. We expected the Soggiorno Blu but were immediately transferred to two different hostels for our group of students. Several rooms the wi-fi would only work standing in certain locations within the room. One of the rooms only had a shower in the room and the students had to go down the hall to a separate bathroom with a toilet. The showers were small and when in use would flood the entire bathroom floor. No AC or heat was available in the rooms.

Not recommended, it wasn't so cheap and there were BED BUGS. Me and my friend got bit all over, the guy in the hotel had to pay the medicine.

noi avviamo afitato camara matrimoniale dove il leto erano due letti insieme, sta male. Doviamo aspetare che esca aqua calda alla mezzanote per che non avveva piu, e perche si ce dice che andiamo a hotel blu a quella direzione ci si deve andare a altra che si chiama sport???? sta male perche non aveva securita ne anche recepcionista.

If you insist on going to Rome, the neighbourhood of this hotel might colour your experiences a little. The room itself was clean but the walls were very thin and every single door in the place slammed.

This hotel is very bad, in site was good but there it was a shame, a do not recommend this hotel por somebody. I hated this hotel. You could be more responsability in your site. I do not speak and write well in english. Ricardo

would have liked to know in advance that although we were booked into hotel blu we actually were staying in one of their other hotels about 2 blocks away, it didnt have a toilet in the room and nobody spoke english. Although breakfast was included it also was another 2 blocks away in a cafe. At a cost of 120 euros a night I expected a higher standard of service!!!!!!!

Good for backpackers, easy location

Youll never know in which hostel you end up. You reserve a room at hostel Blu with bath/toilet. You'll end up in a boring room without bath/toilet in one of the many hostels in the neighbourhoud, which either coorporate or belong to the same owner. Breakfast means they give you a coupon to get a coffee and a croissant in a neighbouring bar with no seats.

• 28th Jan 2006

we didn't actually stay in hotel blu, but in an apartment around the corner. the apartment consisted of 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, no other facilities. the room itself was fine (although not quite the photo we had seen on the website) and there was a sink, hairdryer and tv (with no english language channels) but we had paid for a private bathroom but didn't get this as there are more rooms than bathrooms. the staff were friendly on the 2 occasions we encountered them but that was it, we were just left to it for the 4 days.

what a fantastic amazing city ... Me and my 10yr old daughter flew in from newcastle airport to ciampino airport and made our way to the metro statio and caught the metro to the termini main station it took us a 2 min walk to the hotel blu were the staff were English speaking and very very friendly ... we had breakfast every morning wich was included in the price in a little cafe bar round the corner from the hotel blu they made us feel very welcome and the chocolate croisants were FANTASTIC WITH THE FRESH COFFEE ... I would recomend the hotel blu to anybody going to rome ... It was a budget hotel with 5 star service and i would like to pass on my thanks to them for making us feel very welcome in there city ... ANDREW AND DEVON DONOHUE

Hotel was located elsewhere than the info tells on the internet. there was no one to receive us when we arrived, plus door was locked. on this site the hotel claims to have private bathroom, but appeared not to be true. other than this, the room was convenient, warm and clean. an extra convenience was that it's right next to the train station.

Although we had a booking for Hotel Blu, the room was in Hotel Planet which was on a side street. The staff was not very helpful. The facility of paying by credit card was not there and the reception demanded full payment in cash in advance. Breakfast was arranged in a different hotel. The location is the only plus point as it is just outside Termini. Overall not a very good experience.

I think your rooms in Hotel Rubino are much nicer than the ones in Hotel Blu. This is primarily due to the bathrooms in Hotel Blu. One night, we stayed in a room in which the shower head was literally 2 feet from the toilet. Plus there was no shower curtain. This created a situation in which water poured out all over the toilet, sink, etc... Although this was unacceptable, I was very pleased when the staff was extremely willing to move us to another room. We moved to a room in Hotel Rubino and were very happy. Thanks

mediocre at best- and i'm not a high matienence person. location is good, close to train station and all attractions. free breakfast advertised consists of one bad roll and a decent coffee. no phone or clock (but i found clocks weren't common in italy). i wouldnt reccomend hotel blu. also stayed at hotel dina which i believe was around the same price, and just as bad. would take my chances elsewhere next time.

We booked into Hotel Blu but did not get checked in there - we stayed at their booking in hotel main reception area. We asked for a private bathroom and toilet and only got a bathroom and use of the public toilet by everyone. We paid for this and did not receive it. The room was so small for 3 people you could not even walk around it and the shower was an excuse - the water literally dripped like a tap could barely wash yourself. I would not ever recommend any back packer or hostel traveller to ever stay here.

The first impression is always important... We had a reservation for Hotel Blu, came there and there was noone to receive us. Then we had to go to Hotel Planet, where there was somebody. The guy told us that our room was not ready (it was around 16:00) because of the aircon reparations, and that hotel Blu was already full!!! At the end we stayed in Hotel Rubino, which is in the same building but two floors below Planet. It seems that these people rule at least these 3 hotels, that's why most of their receptions are always empty. Another thing is that you cannot pay with card, just cash. The security box didn't work in the 4 days of staying, even if we reported to the reception in Hotel Planet. Except the girl who cleans the rooms (which is the only really nice person there) and the guy who we first met, the other people look bitter and rude. And I really mean it after looking the woman who serves the breakfast!. Even if it's located 200 m from Termini Station, it doesn't look so safe in the surroundings.