Hotel Star Villa Reviews

HOTEL STAR VILLA, 98-99, KRISHNA GALI, MAIN BAZAR, PAHAR GANJ, New Delhi, India

Hotel is very convenient, near the railway station and subway station. WIFI signal is very good. Staff service is very good also. Surrounding environment is not good.

Very friendly staff, great location next to the train station, metro and main bazaar. Comfortable rooms.

Hotel emailed before to book us a taxi as they claimed otherwise we would get scammed.The taxi driver did not turn up.We used a local taxi at a third of the price of the hotel taxi.Taxi dropped us in main bazaar,but we had no clue where the hotel was,we were hassled by people telling us they knew.Tried to call the hotel to get directions but they did not speak English.After looking for an hour, we had no choice but to forfeit the hotel and check in at another hotel.Terrible service- go elsewhere

• 12th Mar 2014

Excellent place to stay. Had an AC for the first time in 7 weeks so we were pleased with that. The room is very clean and toilet is great. Wifi works well. location is great, within walking distance of main shopping district. The rooftop cafe is terrible so just walk down to the shopping district and eat out.

Awful. Unprofessional. Rude. We had trouble getting to the hotel due to blocked roads when we called they told us they had given away our room. We had nowhere to stay and everywhere we called was booked. I have not received a refund for the booking fee. We even had a personal confirmation email where they could have explained the situation instead we were talked to extremely rudely on the phone so late we had to stay all night at an information centre. Very unhappy. Do not trust them.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Wales

The staff wasn't that good, they came into our room without knocking (once when we were almost naked!). The restaurant was okey, but not much more. They didn't have so many of the dishes that were written on the menue.

Hotel is just opposite new delhi railway station, it was from some of the hotels who had security guard, i went the in night and the hotel staff was very cooperative, they had a good restaurant and the best part is you can ask the cook for low spices as "i don't like spicy food", they were very friendly, and i felt like home there, Hotel is very big with lots of free lobby, and rooms are good attached bathrooms and plenty of hot water.

• 18th Mar 2013
  • keshavmittal2007
  • India

Convenient location near train station in a chaotic neighborhood. Very clean with a tile floor rather than a ratty carpet. Nice foam bed rather than the usual hard lumpy bed. Hot water was tepid after drawing five buckets. No on-demand heater in the bathroom; this usually means no hot water. Fresh lime soda from the restaurant was flat. Wifi only worked in the lobby. This would be a 4-500 rupee room elsewhere in India, but at 900 rupees was probably a good value for Delhi.

they tried to charge me service charge as I walked out..... I said no.

there were really nice staff and bad staff so I dont know. I borrowed a phone from a staff, and told me to pay 38 rupees when it cost less than 5 rupees. but one staff helped me when I had trouble and I really appreciate his kindness. the bed was kind of dirty but it was possible to use.