Hotel Stars Nantes Reviews

3, rue Petit Chatelier, Nantes, France

When a hotel says it is for 2 people it should have room for 2 people. I went to Nantes for a conference and had a roommate I did not know. When we got to our bedroom the beds were so close they touched. There was no room to walk around the room. Very cramped.

A few miles out of town, but not far from a bus route. Staff were nice and the breakfast buffet was pretty decent for eight euros. safe bet for those on a budget.

This hotel is a far walk from the train station but there is a mall that is not a far walk away with a large grocery store. The wifi only works in the lobby area. The beds are very small.

I never even stayed at the hotel. It looked like a motel from a horror movie on the outside. The doors were locked up around 2 pm in the afternoon when most should be arriving and checking-in. The parking lot was empty and so was the hotel. The person at the front desk couldn't even find my reservation when I attempted to cancel. When I went to Hostelbookers the confirmation said to discuss cancellation with the hotel staff. The hotel charged me anyways without my permission. Shame on everyone.

• 9th Jun 2013
  • Vhision

Location, Location, Location.

tBelow average budget hotel. Horrible location (unless you have a car) with not much around it and a long bus ride into town if not. Staff were freindly enough but most lacked english. CNN is the only english channel and wifi only works in the common areas - but is free which is a positive. Breakfast was a bit steep.

The hotel itself is really good, breakfast is not included, you can buy it for 8 euros...the bad rating is caused by the position, it's far from the centre and almost no buses go during summer holidays, one day we wanted to get dinner in a restaurant but there was no restaurant open anywhere around the hotel, there was even no shop for food in 15 minutes distance...

Not so much a hostel as a motel type just outside of the city. Perfect for what we wanted, which was somewhere comfortable to sleep after a weeks camping as we travelled through. I wouldn't recommend it as somewhere to stay to really visit the city, but if you're passing through it's perfectly comfortable! The staff were super friendly and helpful, and the hotel was relatively comfortable and clean (in comparison to hostels, not hotels of course!).

nice guy who was working there. Nice breakfast.

It is not in the center, but just beside a highway, that is good if you are by car, bad, if you are not. I was by car. I like the character of the hotel. No wifi, that is bad.

Very badly located, very cold in the winter, no bus on saturday or sunday and a 15 min walk to the tram station. Nothing around the place no restaurant or shops terrible location. Breakfast is a total ripoff way to expensive for what it is.

quite far away from city centre. Takes 15min walk plus metro

easily reachable by bus/tram but is still rather far out of town.

Both, the hotel and the service provided were very pleasing. But it would have been good to be informed about the fact that the advertised buses (no 71 and 75) only run at certain times and that there are other lines to take during other hours. All in all, the hotel was lovely and really good value for money!

BAD LOCATION! SO FAR AWAY! Otherwise everything else was great.

Good points were the cleanliness and it definately had character. Bad points were the location- had to catch a tram then a bus from the station.