Hotel Taiyo

Very Good 676 Total Reviews

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
18th Apr 2017
5.4

Decent for the price. Main problem was the horrible stench in the shared toilets! No matter what tone of day, or what floor, they stink of urine. Close to station to get to Namba.

• Hong Kong, Male, 31-40
3rd Apr 2017
6.9

Staff nice. Service good. You can leave the luggage after check out for shopping or anything else. This is very good. However... I have book in 2 rooms, First night is 2 beds room with my friend, it is fine. After I change the room in another day.. Nightmare start! I came back to room at night, I hear noise loudly. It's a big machine closely, random time continuously make noise. Can not sleep well. After day, I request change the room, rejected. Good luck all.

23rd Mar 2017

An inexpensive place to stay very close to Shin-Imamyia station, Tennoji station and other great sights. Very comfortable beds. Free towels were a nice touch vs rental in other places. I liked how the room key must be left at front desk. No danger of loosing it! Facilities are old but function well. Showers on three floors but bathroom on every floor. Very good laundry facilities. Next time I'll stay here and commute 15 min to Kyoto on Shinkansen. Very good value.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
15th Mar 2017

Really great stay. Room is small but thats what you expect for with such a great rate. Staff are friendly and has a hot bath. The area itself. Located very close to subway and JR train station. There is a super great value supermarket close by for food.

6th Mar 2017
2.0

There are better places

• England, Couple, 18-24
18th Jan 2017
7.7

This place looks a bit sketchy, but it was nice for me and my boyfriend to have a private room for so cheap, and they have all the basic facilities of a good hostel. Close to the train station, supermarket, cinema, and main attractions. They have a 24 hour reception which can be useful, but they ask u to leave your room key at the front desk EVERY time you leave the hostel, and when u come back they just give u the key to any room you ask for, meaning anyone could walk into your room.

14th Jan 2017

Hotel Taiyo was located near several subway stations, making it convenient to get around. They also provided towels and a toothbrush which was great. There are bathrooms on each floor and a separate washing area, showers were clean and spacious compared to some of the other hostels I've seen. It never got too loud at night during our stay despite the number of guests who were there. Definitely recommend!

2nd Jan 2017
6.6

It's right next to the subway and ten min from central Osaka by subway so that's great. It was 1500 to 2000 yen a night for an individual room so better than a capsule hotel. The hallway wall on the floor I was staying at had holes in it and the shared bathroom has a strong odor. It looks sketchy but you're getting what you paid for. Overall it's convenient and simple.

20th Dec 2016
7.1

I liked Taiyo's location, close to subway stations and some of Osaka's sights. I also appreciated having my own room for this price. The room was small, but comfortable and clean, with a very comfortable bed! :) The common toilets and showers could have been cleaner and overall there was not much of an atmosphere for meeting other travelers. On the other hand I enjoyed my stay just because the room was very comfortable and offered lots of peace, quiet and privacy between dorm stays.

20th Dec 2016

I had a very nice single room. I was a girl traveling solo and I thought the place was very standard, and has shower rooms, so they are very private. It also has spa hours set up specifically by gender. I enjoyed my stay. Both the airport line directly to the airport and the metro line are no less than 5 minutes by walking from the hostel. It is also only a 30 min walk from the famous Dotonbori shopping area.