Hotel Taj Plaza Reviews

Taj Mahal East Gate, Near Hotel Oberoi Amar Vilas, Shilpgram 'VIP' Road., Agra, India

That was the worst of worst. The staff espacially the woman in the reception was so rude. She gave us a very very bad room. The room was not similar to the photos. Then we changed the room. It was a little better than the old one but still so bad. When I wanted to connect to the wifi I need to go out of your room. And the bathroom was so bad so I couldn't have shower. So I never recommend you to stay in that place.

The kids playing bongos was very annoying. We wanted quiet from the headache of the peddlers. As well as noisy hallway. Might want to update to easier door locks?

There was a misunderstanding and the hotel didn't send for someone to pick us up from the station; in addition, the "superior rooms" available to book in Hostelworld had no Taj Mahal views. After complaining I was given as compensation the top floor suite with amazing views of the Taj! We have many problems with the hot water, the heaters, etc. but after much insisting the staff managed to fulfill our wishes. Nice location close to the Taj but not in the ugly Taj Gang. I would stay again.

We stayed 2 nights. The first room we were given was FILLED with mosquitoes! and the walls were covered in dead mosquitoes. After we complained, the hotel was happy to give us another room which was MUCH better. The staff members are rude and unhelpful. The guy who helps out with the travel desk kept trying to rip us off with the Tuk Tuks and kept trying to make us go with drivers who stop in at shops for commission. We didn't really feel welcomed at this hotel.

great location & price to match, you get what you pay for but if looking for basic bed very close to the Taj with good location, security etc.. this is the place

Fine for a night or two. Quite a lot of staff just loitering around trying to get tips, however the location is great and its good value for money. Go elsewhere for breakfast, I ordered boiled eggs and they were definitely off.

The place has prices and tries to look as a quite luxury hotel. Actually it is quite a gloomy place without any atmosphere. They have also 3-bed rooms, without a reservation possibility via hostelworld. The place is not very clean. On the other hand the restaurant is quite decent.

Its either a mid class hotel with poor facilities or a budget hotel with very poor value for money. It is well placed though and will do the job for you.

I was Lucky to get a room on the top Floor with taj Mahal Views. The hotel is close to taj Mahal ( 10 Minute Walk Maximum) and to the toruisty taj ganj area. Clean, hot Shower, tv and wifi in the room. Unfortunately it was very foggy but that seems to be the Case in december. Still Great Time to See the taj.

Amazing location, nice views of the Taj from rooftop and fairly quiet, clean and comfortable rooms. Upon our arrival after a long overnight journey we arrived to be told the room would be ready between 10 am and 12 noon, in actual fact we waited till gone 1 pm so that was disappointing and our only fault with the service we received.

• 14th Nov 2013

Pretty rough on cleanliness. Also found three dead bugs on the floor in the morning. Decent location but there are others in the same area. If I had spent more than one night I would have moved places.