Hotel Tarik Reviews

Route de Malabata, Tangier, Morocco

The hotel is ok, but it is not where it is listed on hostel world. I think it's a bit of a scam by the travel agency marcopolo, which is near the port and where you have to pay. Otherwise it is a nice place to stay. I would try and book directly with hotel tarik in the future and catch a cab there instead of walking

Great place, the only downside was that it was a bit out of town. We walked to the Medina in about a half hour or 40 minutes. A petit taxi with the meter running will cost about 12 dirhams (a euro) and a large taxi about 3 times that. I would consider staying again if I returned to Tangers.

PROS: good beach view, personal balcony w/the room, nice hot showers, helpful staff. CONS: definitely a business hotel - only 1 other backpacker around, drab atmosphere (felt like a ghost hotel), wifi only accessible in the lobby area, smelled like smoke everywhere, far from city centre, staff showed our passport information to other guests who were looking for us in the hotel without our consent (kinda dodgy!).

Nota: Está un poco lejos del centro, a 4 km, que en Taxi sale alrededor de 12 MAD (1,2 EUR aprox) (sólo taxis con taximetro) e ir desde o hacia el aeropuerto, alrededor de 150 MAD (15 EUR aprox). El staff de recepción muy agradable y hablan español, WIFI de calidad, piscina, bar, playstation, etcétera.

good budget hotel. not within walking distance of the city but the taxis are dirt cheap there so its not a big deal. nice place

My main complaint was with the fact that when we arrived at the hostel to check in, we showed the member of staff the email with the reference number (as we have done at other hostels before) and he then proceeded to inform us that we needed a voucher from Marco Polo travel agency which was situated just outside the port. This meant getting a taxi back to port. It would be a good idea to highlight the fact that a voucher is needed before getting to the hotel, perhaps in bold or another colour.

I dont think I even stayed in this place, the agency runs 2 and I think they fit me in into their other place. When arrived, I was told to wait an hour before I could check in, at 6pm!

good clean and secure hotel,location not perfect but cheap 2euro taxi into restaurants and nightlife..checking in to hotel though is a nightmare,you have to check in to a travel company nowhere near the hotel

Only hotel that i could see right on the beach. Hotel is dated but clean and comfy situated right next to the Casino (and drinks are free at the casino as long as you are playing the pokies). Short walk along the beach to get to clubs and cafes , bar etc. Would recommend good value for money. Breakfast tea/coffee , juice , bread nothing special.

you have to pay at a travel agent which is fine but the hotel itself is a good 20 minute walk form the centre or anything for that matter!

you need a taxi to get the the hotel, and the city is very scary for a single woman, but once there the place is right on the water and wonderful

Very retro building. Very 70\'s. Great pool and view of sea. Not very close to port but cheap enough in a taxi. Nice and clean. Safe. Nice staff at the bar. Terrible food - I definitely suggest eating out.

I can\'t actually review the hotel as we never stayed there, but I would suggest not booking this through hostelworld as we booked and you had to go to a tourist office and pay, then take a cab for ages out of town and when we got there the hotel had no rooms for us and then we had to go all the way back and we were not reimbused for ou cab journey and the lady was rude to us and unapologetic and tried to give us a crapper hotel for the same price. I say just arrive and get your own accomm or move onto somewhere else as Tangier is not that great.

Hotel is close to everything, cab is prefered way to old madina but cab is sooo cheap. very nice stay, private rooms with ensuits and a pool. watch the extras thought, asked for staff to call train station for me, they did, then charged me $6 for the 30 second phone call. other than that for room only would recommend.

this is not a hostel. It is a facking awesome hotel. you can get q nice room for way cheaper, but if you have the money...go head and pamper yourself

Great value for money, proper hotel, great beds and pillows.

it was cheap, luxury included, and very nice but you need a car to go anywhere, as everywhere in moroco.

This is a hotel so no hostel style fun here, but its on the edge of tanger which can only be a good thing. Has a swimming pool and is right on the beach.

It is a hotel out of the way. Far from the port, but has a restaurant with good prices and good food, internet for 10 MAD per half hour... not where a backpacker would want to go

There was a leak in the bathroom.. we reckon the shower was leaking... also it was a looong walk from the rest of the town and the medina. Other than that it was good.