Hotel The Spot Reviews

867-868 chandiwali gali, main bazar,pahar ganj, New Delhi, India

Loved this place: is clean and centrally located; staff is really helpful. I will come back.

The hotel is pretty good, especially when you come to India for the first time and Delhi is your first stop. The owner helps you with everything and does it honestly. It's location is convenient with plenty good restaurants and Delhi's main railway station in the neighborhood.

Very good location, very nice staff, clean place! We had a pick up from the airport and everything went well. This is a place where I would go back.

Relatively easy to find, Friendly staff, good service, rooms bit gloomy and for some, perhaps bit cold (feb/2014), but clean. I heard some noise from the street, but won't complain. Hot water on request if you miss the time and little breakfast is available. I would recommend this one.

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Decent, clean rooms that are good value for money. Free bottles water available from reception is a major bonus. Handy for the metro and train station.

Brilliant stay for a couple of nights. Clean and comfortable, cheap and the staff couldn't do enough for you, especially the young hotel manager!

Hard to judge this hostel as I arrived at 11pm and left at 4am. Paharganj is a hellhole, I would recommend staying in another area. From the little i did see it was expensive for what it was, bathroom was awful...no running water in the sink taps and forget about a hot shower. I am writing this review after travelling through Rajasthan where hostels are cheaper and much better, so perhaps I am judging too harshly for Delhi.

You can ask anything you want, they help you with everything.

Very friendly & helpful staff throughout my stay. Very helpful with onward travel & great for money exchange. Basic rooms were clean & tidy, great tv options. Only downside rooms where cold a night & no option to warm them up but was not an issue.

Look after everyone as much as you looked after us :) thank you

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Poland

The staff was very kind and helpful. They helped us with all our troubles, let us use their wifi and other facilities even the day after we checked out and were in trouble because of train cancellations. They are very trustworthy, will organise train tickets, taxis, changing money etc. You can rely on them. The rooms are nothing special, but fairly clean. As we were there in the winter season it was a bit cold. The neighbourhood was a bit scary for us in the beginning, but turned out to be fun.

Great service and helpful staff. Even arranging extra train tickets and tours.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

Booked this hotel as it looked like most the others had bogus review, I was worried if this did. I was collected from the airport and taken directly to the hotel. The staff were friendly and attentive. Rooms were clean and there was hot water between 7 and 11am. Other times were available on request. I found that there was not always hot water but wait 1/2 hour and there usually was. TV worked well. There is not a restaurant but the breakfast is delivered to your room.

I liked the place, the staff was really friendly and they were caring and concerned about any need that I would have. The room was clean, the furniture is in good conditions, western toilet working fine, hot water, TV, everything was working perfectly, seriously. I had to mention something to improve it would be the visibility of the place, since it is in the Main Bazaar it is really hard to find the place.

The Spot is a below average hostel located in the dirtiest alley of the dirtiest district of New Delhi.

Good place to stay in paharganj in Delhi. The paharganj area is a little dodgy, but us very close to the station! Clean room and pulkit will help you out with anything you need.

The reasons why I gave Hotel The Spot the highest review possible is because you only pay a minimal amount for a clean room, sheets, towel & you get to meet Pulkit. A man who you can trust to help you and assist you with ANYTHING you need, with no expectation of something in return. The staff of this hotel make it THE SPOT to stay in in the stressful city of New Delhi. Thank you Pulkit and the rest of the staff at Hotel The Spot for assisting me with professionalism that one rarely sees anymore.

• 12th Dec 2013

Don’t go do Delhi, there is no good hotel there and you will not find any clean and comfy room – my friends said. And they were wrong. The Spot is really nice, clean, comfortable hotel located close to New Delhi train station, with lovely and helpful staff.

Stayed twice here for 2 days or so each. Location was tops. Quiet, near to ATM, conveniences, food stalls and great market shops. At no time did the staff give me any high pressure sales tactics for their excursions. But the best part - how the staff treated me after (during my second stay) I received news of a family death from home. The staff went out of their way for me during the remainder of my stay until I departed India. This tipped the scales. I WILL stay here again. No contest.

• 3rd Dec 2013

Location was nice, next to the bazaar. Loud at night, not because of the bazaar but because of the guests/workers, shouting after midnight. Room big and clean enough (keeping in mind you are in India). Nevertheless, the staff was quite weird. We were asking about a restaurant and they just lied at us about it, suggesting a better one if we wanted to eat. I would expect that from somebody from the street, not from the hotel where I'm staying...