Hotel The Spot Reviews

867-868 chandiwali gali, main bazar,pahar ganj, New Delhi, India

Ideal place to stay if you are staying in the main bazaar area and its only 5 minutes from New Delhi station. Pullkit who runs the place is very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable

• 4th Nov 2014

Central to the backpacker scene and only a short walk to the rail station. Despite confirming a taxi transfer approx one week before arriving (via e-mail) this was not arranged. The taxi driver I used refused to drop me at the hotel. Cutting a long story I ended up getting dropped outside the station at 4am. Even for a 30 experienced male traveller not the best start. Mr Pulkit was very apologetic and was helpful in arranging an excursion during my stay.

I booked a deluxe room which gets you air con but apparently doesn't get you a window or any natural light. Hotel is down a side street in the main backpacker area of Paharganj near to New Delhi station.

The hotel is in a great location, and Pulkit who works at the travel desk is AMAZING!!! He is extremely helpful, kind and caring, and will help you plan your entire trip in India, no scams, no pressure. We highly recommend staying at Hotel The Spot if you are going to Delhi!

I booked the hostels pick up service from the airport, because I heard from other people that the cab / riksha drivers in Delhi don't let you go into town or tell you that you need a permit to get to the district you want. So i would recommend this service to everybody who wants to avoid stress right after a long flight.. My room was clean and had an ac. Nothing bad to say about this hostel :)

• 6th Oct 2014

Exceptional customer service from the reception and travel desk. Very clean hostel. Good wifi in the room and lobby. The location, Paharganj, is the big backpacker spot but the area is overwhelming - lots of people bothering you when you're walking around. Very close to New Delhi train station. Didn't seem to be any hot water, but the weather is so hot in Delhi you don't need it.

As every review on this place, Pulkit is magical. Really helpful, not pushy in any way, just wants to give you the best tips possible for travelling around. Doesn't request any cash for helping out and giving great inside tips of both Delhi but India and Nepal in general for traveling. We liked the location, easy to navigate from the railway station, nice bazaar street. People around the street knos where the hostel is if you think it's hard to locate. Def. would stay here again!

Very very hot night, in room no air conditioner hard to sleep, noisy vane/fan

Dear Guest, As per the your booking, you reserved Standard Private Non Air-con, that's why there is no air conditioner in your room. Hope you understand. Have a safe trip in India Hope to see you next time in India. Regards Pulkit

The people at the reception were very helpful. They assisted me with the airport transfer and the city visits, and would always take care of me, even providing me with their mobile number in case I had any problem. I would surely book there again.

Hotel The Spot is a hostel which provides you a secured environment to take a rest. The location is near the main railway station - New Delhi. It takes only 10 min or less to go there.The cleanliness of the room and washroom was quite good.The staff there were pretty helpful too, no matter they know English or not.The owner's son Pulkit speaks good English and gives objective advices which is hard to find in India (most of the people are quite touristy).Overall, Hotel The Spot is a good choice.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Well, let be honest about New Delhi. For this price range, you won't find anything really nice, confortable and clean. At The Spot, it wasn't too bad, we had an old room, pretty clean, with a window, airco and fan, a private shower. It was OK, nothing more. The only good reason to choose this one over other similar places in Pahar Ganj is their own travel agency. Pulkit was extremly helpful. He could answer all our questions and it's priceless in India.

We stayed in Hotel the Spot for two nights at the beginning of our trip and found it to be a great place to start our trip as Pulkit, the travel manager, was so helpful in organising our journey round Rajasthan. We felt like we could trust him in giving us honest advice and booking things at reasonable prices! We also met a few other travelers whilst there. We had a basic room but still had satellite tv and wifi. Really great location in terms of getting to New Delhi train station.

The spot is located down a narrow alley next to the main bazaar but the location is good . The rooms are clean and deceby value. Generally we found the staff helpful but I think they should have a sign or paper with the usual price of sim cards and washing as well as an explanation of the process. I made the mistake of doing a load of clothing and it cost me 500 rupees which is the most I've ever paid to wash clothes anywhere in the world.

Wonderful staff, kind and considerate.

The surrounding is not nice. It's located in a rather dirty and noisy street. The small path to the hotel has two male toilets without door. You see men peeing there and there is a strong smell of excrement.Though it's near the railway station,too many Indians are waiting to do foreigner's business and it makes you rather tired. However, the hotel manager is really nice and knowledgeable. He gave us a rather high exchange rate, and helped to check our train status. AC brokedown

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • China

Very freindly and helpful straff! Good secuirity and clean:)

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Norway

The owner of this hostel is a lovely man but the staff he employs are not so. I stayed many times while I was in India but arrived late one night after a friend lost her passport and despite booking was denied a few hours sleep before going to the embassy because the paperwork was too much trouble. Because of this I stayed elsewhere is Paharganj and realised there are cleaner, FAR cheaper and friendlier spots to stay in. Hotel the Spot turned out to be an expensive disappointment.

The hostel is located in the Main Bazar, good location for shopping and eating, but the area can be a little bit dangerous at night, so it's better not to walk alone. The room was good, air conditioned and clean, with comfortable beds. The stuff doesn't listen to your needs, we ask for breakfast at 7am, but we didn't get it, next morning we ask for breakfast at 9am, but we get it before 8 am. The wi-fi wasn't working good. Taxi tour around Delhi is one time more expensive, check tourist points.

• 25th May 2014