Hotel The Spot Reviews

867-868 chandiwali gali, main bazar,pahar ganj, New Delhi, India

Very very hot night, in room no air conditioner hard to sleep, noisy vane/fan

Dear Guest, As per the your booking, you reserved Standard Private Non Air-con, that's why there is no air conditioner in your room. Hope you understand. Have a safe trip in India Hope to see you next time in India. Regards Pulkit

The people at the reception were very helpful. They assisted me with the airport transfer and the city visits, and would always take care of me, even providing me with their mobile number in case I had any problem. I would surely book there again.

Hotel The Spot is a hostel which provides you a secured environment to take a rest. The location is near the main railway station - New Delhi. It takes only 10 min or less to go there.The cleanliness of the room and washroom was quite good.The staff there were pretty helpful too, no matter they know English or not.The owner's son Pulkit speaks good English and gives objective advices which is hard to find in India (most of the people are quite touristy).Overall, Hotel The Spot is a good choice.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Well, let be honest about New Delhi. For this price range, you won't find anything really nice, confortable and clean. At The Spot, it wasn't too bad, we had an old room, pretty clean, with a window, airco and fan, a private shower. It was OK, nothing more. The only good reason to choose this one over other similar places in Pahar Ganj is their own travel agency. Pulkit was extremly helpful. He could answer all our questions and it's priceless in India.

We stayed in Hotel the Spot for two nights at the beginning of our trip and found it to be a great place to start our trip as Pulkit, the travel manager, was so helpful in organising our journey round Rajasthan. We felt like we could trust him in giving us honest advice and booking things at reasonable prices! We also met a few other travelers whilst there. We had a basic room but still had satellite tv and wifi. Really great location in terms of getting to New Delhi train station.

The spot is located down a narrow alley next to the main bazaar but the location is good . The rooms are clean and deceby value. Generally we found the staff helpful but I think they should have a sign or paper with the usual price of sim cards and washing as well as an explanation of the process. I made the mistake of doing a load of clothing and it cost me 500 rupees which is the most I've ever paid to wash clothes anywhere in the world.

Wonderful staff, kind and considerate.

The surrounding is not nice. It's located in a rather dirty and noisy street. The small path to the hotel has two male toilets without door. You see men peeing there and there is a strong smell of excrement.Though it's near the railway station,too many Indians are waiting to do foreigner's business and it makes you rather tired. However, the hotel manager is really nice and knowledgeable. He gave us a rather high exchange rate, and helped to check our train status. AC brokedown

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • China

Very freindly and helpful straff! Good secuirity and clean:)

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Norway

The owner of this hostel is a lovely man but the staff he employs are not so. I stayed many times while I was in India but arrived late one night after a friend lost her passport and despite booking was denied a few hours sleep before going to the embassy because the paperwork was too much trouble. Because of this I stayed elsewhere is Paharganj and realised there are cleaner, FAR cheaper and friendlier spots to stay in. Hotel the Spot turned out to be an expensive disappointment.

The hostel is located in the Main Bazar, good location for shopping and eating, but the area can be a little bit dangerous at night, so it's better not to walk alone. The room was good, air conditioned and clean, with comfortable beds. The stuff doesn't listen to your needs, we ask for breakfast at 7am, but we didn't get it, next morning we ask for breakfast at 9am, but we get it before 8 am. The wi-fi wasn't working good. Taxi tour around Delhi is one time more expensive, check tourist points.

• 25th May 2014
  • Slovenia

I just spend one night at the spot, but I can say for sure that has been the best hotel I have stayed during my trip in India. Clean room with AC and very nice and helpful staff. The location is very convenient, since it is close to the main train station.

Hotel The Spot is amazing. It is all that a backpacker needs and Pulkit goes above and beyond to help whenever you need it. It was our first stay in India and as two young girls travelling alone Delhi was a bit overwhelming but thanks to Pulkit we were picked up from the airport and he helped us arrange trains to our next destinations. The room was nice, relatively clean with great wifi and a TV - you could get BBC news. Air con was amazing. We would definitely stay there again. Thanks Pulkit!

Dear Jose & Katherine, thank you so much for the appreciation. I hope you have a wonderful journey all over in INDIA, Have a great life ahead and hope to see you in future. Cheers. Best & Fond Regards Pulkit

Thanks for the stay, helpful staff in a good location

Pulkit, one of the owners was extremely helpful in getting me train tickets. While tour companies were trying to scam me he gave me exactly the tickets i needed at a good price and was friendly. Thanks for a great stay on Delhi!