Hotel The Spot Reviews

867-868 chandiwali gali, main bazar,pahar ganj, New Delhi, India

The spot is located down a narrow alley next to the main bazaar but the location is good . The rooms are clean and deceby value. Generally we found the staff helpful but I think they should have a sign or paper with the usual price of sim cards and washing as well as an explanation of the process. I made the mistake of doing a load of clothing and it cost me 500 rupees which is the most I've ever paid to wash clothes anywhere in the world.

Wonderful staff, kind and considerate.

The surrounding is not nice. It's located in a rather dirty and noisy street. The small path to the hotel has two male toilets without door. You see men peeing there and there is a strong smell of excrement.Though it's near the railway station,too many Indians are waiting to do foreigner's business and it makes you rather tired. However, the hotel manager is really nice and knowledgeable. He gave us a rather high exchange rate, and helped to check our train status. AC brokedown

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • China

Very freindly and helpful straff! Good secuirity and clean:)

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Norway

The hostel is located in the Main Bazar, good location for shopping and eating, but the area can be a little bit dangerous at night, so it's better not to walk alone. The room was good, air conditioned and clean, with comfortable beds. The stuff doesn't listen to your needs, we ask for breakfast at 7am, but we didn't get it, next morning we ask for breakfast at 9am, but we get it before 8 am. The wi-fi wasn't working good. Taxi tour around Delhi is one time more expensive, check tourist points.

• 25th May 2014
  • Slovenia

I just spend one night at the spot, but I can say for sure that has been the best hotel I have stayed during my trip in India. Clean room with AC and very nice and helpful staff. The location is very convenient, since it is close to the main train station.

Hotel The Spot is amazing. It is all that a backpacker needs and Pulkit goes above and beyond to help whenever you need it. It was our first stay in India and as two young girls travelling alone Delhi was a bit overwhelming but thanks to Pulkit we were picked up from the airport and he helped us arrange trains to our next destinations. The room was nice, relatively clean with great wifi and a TV - you could get BBC news. Air con was amazing. We would definitely stay there again. Thanks Pulkit!

Dear Jose & Katherine, thank you so much for the appreciation. I hope you have a wonderful journey all over in INDIA, Have a great life ahead and hope to see you in future. Cheers. Best & Fond Regards Pulkit

Thanks for the stay, helpful staff in a good location

Pulkit, one of the owners was extremely helpful in getting me train tickets. While tour companies were trying to scam me he gave me exactly the tickets i needed at a good price and was friendly. Thanks for a great stay on Delhi!

Loved this place: is clean and centrally located; staff is really helpful. I will come back.

The hotel is pretty good, especially when you come to India for the first time and Delhi is your first stop. The owner helps you with everything and does it honestly. It's location is convenient with plenty good restaurants and Delhi's main railway station in the neighborhood.

Very good location, very nice staff, clean place! We had a pick up from the airport and everything went well. This is a place where I would go back.

Relatively easy to find, Friendly staff, good service, rooms bit gloomy and for some, perhaps bit cold (feb/2014), but clean. I heard some noise from the street, but won't complain. Hot water on request if you miss the time and little breakfast is available. I would recommend this one.

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Decent, clean rooms that are good value for money. Free bottles water available from reception is a major bonus. Handy for the metro and train station.

Brilliant stay for a couple of nights. Clean and comfortable, cheap and the staff couldn't do enough for you, especially the young hotel manager!