Hotel The Spot Reviews

867-868 chandiwali gali, main bazar,pahar ganj, New Delhi, India

I have stayed here befor and had a front room which was significantly better than the room I had this time. This room had no window but had a big hole in the wall part covered with some wood and a blind in front of it. There was no mesh on the window to stop rodents or mosquito getting in the room. There was a similar hole in the bathroom which had no covering accept some timber slats. There was a smell of ope sewer which seeped into the room. So I would recommend asking for a street facing room

The hostel was good, location is perfect. I want there for a business trip, and included a trip to The city

Pulkit was the best part! He helped arrange tours y future train and bus tickets.

Mr PULKIT has been very professional and helpful and honest.

The hotel owner, Pulkit is very helpful and provided a heater for us as it was very cold in Delhi! Pulkit also provided impartial advice on which cities to visit in India and method of transportation. He was very kind and reassuring. Once he booked our train tickets, he was still on hand to assist with any queries we had.

• 27th Dec 2014

Pulkit was very helpful but the rest of his staff were very ignorant and uninterested in our well being. The reviews of this place are misleading. If you want somewhere comfortable to stay, pay a bit more money.

If you have ANY concerns about your travels (booking, information, contacts) GO and MEET PULKIT. FANTASTIC SUPPORT, extremly competent, face to face, anytime. Value, which you can not buy with money. Went to The Spor because of the reviews I read, knowing that the place is right in the buzzling aera around ND Station, but chose it, because I planned Agra and a Punjabtour of myself. Never had made it through without that personal support of his travel knowledge. Guess you had to be there!

• 19th Dec 2014

Very good for backpackers! We are going back in January! Pulkit is knowlegable, friendly, very well organized and helpful.

the room "ok" but the Pulkit charge you double or more for everything! Dont book any tours or caps! and dont stay there! you will pay for the colour for your skin, I really hate this hostel and I am traveling since many years. Next to that the area is not safe for women. so please take care with your money. The owner Pulkit Katyal is the king of Scams, hi smile all the time, but don't pay for tours or train tickets. before booking train check in the official website.

Who soever read the review, The Customer who have written the review have written opposite to what he have written in our guest review book. Even when he was in Agra we got email that he recommended us to 2 couples who will be visiting us in 10 days.The customer was already scammed by The illegal tourist info center, we helped him getting out of the situation and i booked him confirmed tickets in TATKAL Quota which is always expensive than the price you see on internet. Regards Pulkit

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel The Spot. Great staff & great atmosphere. Rooms are well maintained. It's in a perfect location right in the heart of Main Bazzar. The hotel owner, Pulkit, is exceptional and pieced together our perfect trip. Wouldn't be possible without him. Highly recommend staying at Hotel The Spot. Great service and stay overall.

• 19th Nov 2014

Ideal place to stay if you are staying in the main bazaar area and its only 5 minutes from New Delhi station. Pullkit who runs the place is very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable

• 4th Nov 2014

Central to the backpacker scene and only a short walk to the rail station. Despite confirming a taxi transfer approx one week before arriving (via e-mail) this was not arranged. The taxi driver I used refused to drop me at the hotel. Cutting a long story I ended up getting dropped outside the station at 4am. Even for a 30 experienced male traveller not the best start. Mr Pulkit was very apologetic and was helpful in arranging an excursion during my stay.

I booked a deluxe room which gets you air con but apparently doesn't get you a window or any natural light. Hotel is down a side street in the main backpacker area of Paharganj near to New Delhi station.