Hotel The Veteran Reviews

Herengracht 561, 1017 BW, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We were pleasantly surprised by Hotel The Veteran. As many have mentioned, the stairs are very steep but the staff member who showed us our room offered to carry our luggage. We received new towels every day. The wifi in our room was horrible and the breakfast was very basic but overall we had a nice stay. The location is great, right in a major square!

• 1st Oct 2015

I was a bit concerned on arrival, however the free breakfast (basic but what hostel isn't) and clean towels daily was great! The location was awesome and the room was of decent size.. The only real negatives were the steep narrow staircase (however on checkin, my bag was carried up to my room for me which was a bonus!) and the shared bathroom wasn't quite up to modern standards.. Enjoyed my stay!