Hotel Timon Reviews

1184 Budapest, �ll�i �t 329., Budapest, Hungary

I was surprised to have such a big single room. It was very nice! The staff weren't unfriendly but they weren't exactly welcoming either. Perhaps it is a cultural difference but it would have been nice to have someone more welcoming at the front desk. I appreciated the 24h reception, and breakfast was nice. I only stayed in the hostel one night so I could be close to the airport before switching to one closer to the city but given that I had to walk 1.5 km, it wasn't worth it.

The hostel was great. we were very satisfied with the facilities and the service.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

This hotel was very mediocre. I chose it specifically because the description said how close it was to the airport--but that is quite misleading. Please beware if you are arriving late at night, there is no public transport. I was scammed into paying 15,000 HUF (€50) for a short cab ride from the airport; I had no other option. The staff was quite friendly and overall the accommodations were fine, but the beds are extremely uncomfortable and the location wasn't great. Bathroom was a bit dirty.