Hotel Tina Chania Reviews

Boniali Str. 3, Chania, Greece

At reception I was asked for my passport by a person not speaking english. I provided my ID and it was immediately put into a drawer and locked away. I said I want to pay now (money on the table) and I need my ID back now. She wouldn't return it and instead called her boss to whom I had to talk, he said: you pay then you get your ID back. I booked, arrived, ready to pay and was greated with a wild west ID for hostage scene. Nasty, no way to treat a guest. Really, IDs are not a deposit, get it!

Hotel Tina was well signed so easy to locate on foot. The 2 gentlemen owners were very friendly and helpful and the location was an easy walk to the old market and town/harbour. The room was clean and the kitchen was basic but useful. I had a very good wifi signal in my room. There was a balcony with a table and 2 chairs but it overlooked a college / tall buildings - the hotel is in the middle of town so I wasn't expecting a view. My room was quiet and comfortable. I would stay there again

• 18th Sep 2014

We found the staff rude when we arrived to check in. The behaved as if we were a burden and had disrupted their routine. There was a small kitchenette, but a notice on the wall telling you it was forbidden to prepare meals in the room and bring food into the room. There was also a notice asking guests not to put wet towels on the floor, yet there was were absolutely no rails or hooks to hang them (and no shower curtain so they got very wet easily). Otherwise the hotel was ok and was cheap,

Oh, what a shabby hotel. I couldn't recommend to anyone despite the good location and nice manager. Everything in it is worn and old and looks none too clean. The toilet seat was dirty, the sheets stained (the kind of stains that stays after washing so no big deal according to the manager!) I got those changed & cleaned after asking, but I shouldn't have had to. The fan barely worked, its grating rusty and filled with dust. The hotels near the port in the old city looked much better!

Thank you Sarah for your comments, your booking was a last minute one so we didn't have available other room on the floors, we are one star hotel and we change sheets and towels every 2 or 3 days, your sheets were clean even if they had some stains. According to other reviews we are a clean hotel so we don't agree at all with your comments, it's your opinion. Thank you again for your stay!