Hotel Tina Chania Reviews

Boniali Str. 3, Chania, Greece

Highly disappointing experience due to the fact that one of our twin beds was inhibited by bed bugs, which caused extended damage to my skin, resulting to extreme irritation, healing expenses and a negative effect on my entire vacation. The bed sheets appearance indicated that the bed bugs must have lived in the bed for a while-although at first we didn't recognize the signs. Since the reception was mostly empty, we had noone to refer to and resolve the issue immediately. We do not recommend it.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Greece

nice hotel with friendly staff, good located.

This is a hotel, not a hostel. The price varied a lot between nights, enough to make us stay only for one night and look for some other place afterwards. It's quite close to the bus station, car rental and right next to the old town. You might find a cheaper pension walking around the old town. The room was ok, no problems. The guy at front desk at night was so nice and also gave great advice.

Very nice hotel for the price! Even though it is not in the old town, it is very close to it and closer to the beach! I preferred the location to beig right in the expensive old town. Nikos was great! He communicated with me via email immediately when I made the reservation, gave directions to the hotel and answered any questions I had. When we arrived he was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and private on a quiet street... Great place to stay!

I love my stay at Hotel Tina Chania. It is probably the best hotel I have stayed in Greece. The hotel might be run-down from outside but it is very new inside so don't judge the book from its cover hahaha. What I love most about the property is the staff. They are all wonderful making me feel like home. I have been traveling alone for a month so it is good to feel like home. People are soooooo nice :) highly recommended Not far from bus station so good for traveller with heavy backpack!

Our host was lovely-full of information about what to see and how to get places. Private room was clean, good sized and had an ensuite bathroom. One lady at reception only spoke greek but she was very nice and called one of the owners to speak to us in English when we didn't understand something. The only problems were the bed, which was old, bumpy and INCREDIBLY creaky, and the shower was a strange sit-down one with no curtain. Nice hotel, would stay again

Very helpful staff!!!

The owner is very helpful and good informed about touristical destinations in Crete.

Value for Money! + In the center of Chania, close to the bus station+old port. Room was big enough,clean, with towels+savons,air condition+refrigerator. New windows=no noise. Mr Nikos was extremely kind,authentic+friendly. Wi-fi's speed was amazing! And free of charge! - The refrigerator was only working when we were inside the room. The air-condition worked just for 5 minutes+after that it was dead. Reception closes at 22.00=no possibility to have someone to fix it.

Good value hotel, though a bit shabby it is in a convenient location a 5 min walk from Old Town and bus station. The staff are very friendly and helpful about what to see, which raises my rating of the hotel. One minus was it was hard to see the keyhole to lock the door as the power card is connected to the key.

Nice hostel-very helpful staff and very convenient as near the bus staion and the old town.

Apart from the bed that made way too much noice ( even when you just move a bit or wake up ) this place was good for what you pay for it. It's really close to the city center and not far away from the bus station so perfect to stay there for a couple of days.

It´s a simple Hotel, but with a really nice and helpfull staff.

A very lovely little hostel in fast walking distance to the bus station, Venetian harbour and the beach. Owner was very chatty and helpful. My room was very cute with simple but clean facilities and a balcony. It felt very quiet and safe. This hotel was great value for money and is highly recommended!

Great localisation in the city center. Very nice, welcoming and helpful staff, especially for parking and suggestions for visiting Crete. Nice rooms with balcony, good shower, despite a mouldy shower curtain. Very good Wi-Fi connexion. Good value for money. I definitly recommand this hotel !

Arrived at 01:00am and staff where up to welcome us. Good location in Chania at a good price, suitable for backpackers and students! Nice clean rooms with good showers and WiFi. Very friendly owner who was very accommodating. Recommended!!

• 13th May 2014

I appreciate the kindness of the stuff and their hospitality. They have done their best to make me feel welcome and help me to have a very restful time.

Nikos, who works at the reception, is amazing. He gave us a great detailed map of the area and could even tell you anything about Crete. He was so nice to talk to and when our ferries got cancelled last minute and we were struggling to find out info etc he personally called the port authorities for us and even got his brother to help the next day. He also sent us a follow up email to make sure we arrived ok at our next destination. It was very quiet because we didn't go at peak season but great

Best thing was host Nick who went beyond expected lending me his kettle and even weighing my luggage to meet Ryanairs limits. Thanks

• 30th Apr 2014

thank you for your comments , thank you for chosing us for your stay.