Hotel Tina Chania Reviews

Boniali Str. 3, Chania, Greece

At reception I was asked for my passport by a person not speaking english. I provided my ID and it was immediately put into a drawer and locked away. I said I want to pay now (money on the table) and I need my ID back now. She wouldn't return it and instead called her boss to whom I had to talk, he said: you pay then you get your ID back. I booked, arrived, ready to pay and was greated with a wild west ID for hostage scene. Nasty, no way to treat a guest. Really, IDs are not a deposit, get it!

Hotel Tina was well signed so easy to locate on foot. The 2 gentlemen owners were very friendly and helpful and the location was an easy walk to the old market and town/harbour. The room was clean and the kitchen was basic but useful. I had a very good wifi signal in my room. There was a balcony with a table and 2 chairs but it overlooked a college / tall buildings - the hotel is in the middle of town so I wasn't expecting a view. My room was quiet and comfortable. I would stay there again

• 18th Sep 2014

We found the staff rude when we arrived to check in. The behaved as if we were a burden and had disrupted their routine. There was a small kitchenette, but a notice on the wall telling you it was forbidden to prepare meals in the room and bring food into the room. There was also a notice asking guests not to put wet towels on the floor, yet there was were absolutely no rails or hooks to hang them (and no shower curtain so they got very wet easily). Otherwise the hotel was ok and was cheap,

Oh, what a shabby hotel. I couldn't recommend to anyone despite the good location and nice manager. Everything in it is worn and old and looks none too clean. The toilet seat was dirty, the sheets stained (the kind of stains that stays after washing so no big deal according to the manager!) I got those changed & cleaned after asking, but I shouldn't have had to. The fan barely worked, its grating rusty and filled with dust. The hotels near the port in the old city looked much better!

Thank you Sarah for your comments, your booking was a last minute one so we didn't have available other room on the floors, we are one star hotel and we change sheets and towels every 2 or 3 days, your sheets were clean even if they had some stains. According to other reviews we are a clean hotel so we don't agree at all with your comments, it's your opinion. Thank you again for your stay!

This is really close to the old town and the staff at this hotel will go out of their way to help you with anything you need. The hotel room was a little old and run down (which meant that it appeared a little less clean) so it felt a bit expensive for €60 a night but I would stay here again again. Location is good, wifi works, there is a fridge in the room and the staff are super helpful. I think it is really the best you can get in Chania which lends itself to being overpriced.

Highly disappointing experience due to the fact that one of our twin beds was inhibited by bed bugs, which caused extended damage to my skin, resulting to extreme irritation, healing expenses and a negative effect on my entire vacation. The bed sheets appearance indicated that the bed bugs must have lived in the bed for a while-although at first we didn't recognize the signs. Since the reception was mostly empty, we had noone to refer to and resolve the issue immediately. We do not recommend it.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Greece

nice hotel with friendly staff, good located.

This is a hotel, not a hostel. The price varied a lot between nights, enough to make us stay only for one night and look for some other place afterwards. It's quite close to the bus station, car rental and right next to the old town. You might find a cheaper pension walking around the old town. The room was ok, no problems. The guy at front desk at night was so nice and also gave great advice.

Very nice hotel for the price! Even though it is not in the old town, it is very close to it and closer to the beach! I preferred the location to beig right in the expensive old town. Nikos was great! He communicated with me via email immediately when I made the reservation, gave directions to the hotel and answered any questions I had. When we arrived he was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and private on a quiet street... Great place to stay!

I love my stay at Hotel Tina Chania. It is probably the best hotel I have stayed in Greece. The hotel might be run-down from outside but it is very new inside so don't judge the book from its cover hahaha. What I love most about the property is the staff. They are all wonderful making me feel like home. I have been traveling alone for a month so it is good to feel like home. People are soooooo nice :) highly recommended Not far from bus station so good for traveller with heavy backpack!

Our host was lovely-full of information about what to see and how to get places. Private room was clean, good sized and had an ensuite bathroom. One lady at reception only spoke greek but she was very nice and called one of the owners to speak to us in English when we didn't understand something. The only problems were the bed, which was old, bumpy and INCREDIBLY creaky, and the shower was a strange sit-down one with no curtain. Nice hotel, would stay again

Very helpful staff!!!

The owner is very helpful and good informed about touristical destinations in Crete.

Value for Money! + In the center of Chania, close to the bus station+old port. Room was big enough,clean, with towels+savons,air condition+refrigerator. New windows=no noise. Mr Nikos was extremely kind,authentic+friendly. Wi-fi's speed was amazing! And free of charge! - The refrigerator was only working when we were inside the room. The air-condition worked just for 5 minutes+after that it was dead. Reception closes at 22.00=no possibility to have someone to fix it.

Good value hotel, though a bit shabby it is in a convenient location a 5 min walk from Old Town and bus station. The staff are very friendly and helpful about what to see, which raises my rating of the hotel. One minus was it was hard to see the keyhole to lock the door as the power card is connected to the key.