Hotel Tokyo Palace Reviews

Near Fort, Airforce, Chouraha, Dhibba Para, Jaisalmer, India

This place is bait and switch (common in India). I made a reservation for a "single private room with shared bath" but was shown to a dorm upon arrival. The staff claimed that was the room I reserved for the price. They then tried to upsell me on a private room for significantly more money. I spoke with another guest at the hostel and she said she saw them try to do that to someone else. I went around the corner to Hotel Fort Side with a private room and bath for the same price.

We stayed in Hotel Tokyo Palace for 2 nights in Jan 2015. It was overall a pleasant stay. The rooms looked really exotic and the staff were kind. There was some problem with hot water the first night we stayed but the staff were keen and fixed it shortly. Couldn't really use the pool though as the water wasn't really clean.. Nice view at the roof top restaurant and the food was not bad.

The beds were full with sand. Staff felt a little bit flirty (we were two young european girls) which didn't make us feel at ease at all. The place was beautifull though and the restaurant was really good except for our last parantha which had stones in it...

No doubt this was the best hotel I've stayed in india . the bedroom always very clean and organized , not to mention the beauty of the building , is very close to city attractions . I leave a special feedback to the staff tokyo hotel: you guys were great , I felt like in my own house . I thank all the staff for optimal way I was treated while I was out there. hugs to all . for sure the best place to stay in Jaisalmer. hugs

This hotel is amazing. The staff are so friendly and amazing and will help with anything that you need, they treat you like a family member. On top of that the location, atmosphere and prices and incredible. They offer a camel safari which is really amazing and totally worth going on, on top of this the restaurant on the roof not only had amazing food, but has an amazing vibe and view of the fort and of Jaisalmere. To sum it up this hotel is amazing!!!!!!!!

• 4th Dec 2014

Going to be great place when they finish the dorms. Bathroom and shower was in the lobby which was awkward. Door had no lock yet. Wifi was great in the lobby and resturant but there was none in our room. Price was high for not being in the fort. Overall staff was friendly and things were ok.

A really good hotel on the quieter south side of the city, but still only 5 mins walk to the main gate of the fort. Staff were very helpful, organising free transfers to/from the train station. Amazing views and good food from the rooftop restaurant. Would highly recommend staying here.