Hotel Utama Reviews

Calle Michell Perez esq., Copacabana, Bolivia

Overall this is a good hostel with a good breakfast, though unfortunately the tinned fruit salad at breakfast gave me a day of food poisoning. I thought it tasted a little off but it was sweet so hard to pick. Though in South America and particularly in Bolivia getting sick is the norm it seems. I had a private room with bathroom which was fairly well appointed for the a budget hostel. There is free popcorn, bananas, tea and sweets at any time.

For single travellers they don't care, they gave me a very small room without any window.

Strange atmosphere! I think you'll be able to find more reasonable priced & better accommodation in town.

Nice spot up the hill. Breakfast is outstanding.

Just fine.

Good sized and clean room and bathroom, breakfast was much better than most places we've been, slightly up a hill but still very close to the main street of shops and restaurants. Staff were helpful, booked the trip to Isla del Sol and bus to La Paz for us. Wifi did not work so well in room but good downstairs

Great hostel! I found it very secure, the staff is very nice, the place feels clean and organized, has a good value and their facilities are quite nice. Just had one of the best and most complete hostel breakfasts in many years. The only concern is the location, which is located atop two steep hills...but there are other ways to get there. I would still recommend.

Up a hill which is a bit tiring with a full backpack but only 2 blocks from the main drag. Free coca tea, water and bananas an excellent addition, especially at altitude. Breakfast was very good (pancakes, yoghurts, fruit, egg). Shower good but water spills on to floor, wi fi patchy. Had a good nights sleep as not in centre and comfy bed.

Amazing Hotel!!

I stayed here for one night when I was doing a border hop to renew my Peruvian visa. Great deal for the price. There are a lot of rooms but it felt very empty which gave it an odd atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful whenever I had questions. If you walk out the door and turn right, across the street there is a more expensive hotel with an aweeeesome restaurant. Definitely used the money we saved on the hotel for an excellent dinner!

• 9th Oct 2015

We stayed for one night before going to the Isla del sol and enjoyed our time here. It was more expensive than what we usually go for but the breakfast certainly made up for it! We also loved the quirky decor and room furnishings - the light shade is a bobble hat (!). Would recommend.

Great breakfast served by nice staff.

Great hotel, with a very good location in Aguas Calientes.

Very ho-hum stay here. Location is not particularly close to anything (markets, restaurants, etc). Hotel and rooms are clean and staff was friendly and helpful. I found the bed to be uncomfortable being soft and saggy. Showers were not warm. Privacy and quiet were nice but I would look elsewhere next time.

The staff wasn´t very helpful, and this was on multiple occasions. I´d ask for suggestions of places to eat or buses and I´d just be told to walk down the hill and I´d find something. I wasn´t very impressed since they were mostly just sitting on the couches in the lobby watching TV. The place was clean but it got extremely cold. I had to ask for more blankets multiple times before I finally received it. Overall the hotel was just Eh. plus it´s up two giant hills.