Hotel Van Belle Reviews

39 Chaussée de Mons, Brussels, Belgium

It was a basic hotel. Not in the best location, nor the friendliest staff, but I was only there for one night. It was clean and quiet, so it gave me what I needed - ability to sleep. It's a no frills place. Better than a hostel, but it's not the Four Seasons .

Price of accommodation is going up systematically (as compared with price few years ago) without service improvement. For example, no free wi-fi access (which existed few years ago).

The room I stayed has persistent unpleasant odour although the room itself looks clean!

The hotel was not in the most beautiful area of Brussels as previous reviewers have said but it was definitely in a good location, 10' from the centre! We were a group of girls and didn't feel unsafe walking to and from the hotel, even late at night. I liked the fact that we could see how a part of the city not made up for tourists actually is. The hotel was nice and clean! Some members of the stuff were kind, helpful and funny. The hairdryer in the room wasn't working and noone came to fix it.

My daughter was robbed right outside the property and the lever of concern and security of her well being shown by staff was appalling!

• 28th Oct 2013