Hotel Villa Romantica Reviews

Rancho Grande, Apdo. 117, Quepos, Costa Rica

nice location in quepos just a lil out of town but easy to walk. manuel antonio is beautiful and most of the time will be spent there -- quepos is quiet and unassuming really. the hotel is clean and cheap - my room had no a-c but the fan is ok .. nice staff too. there is not really "parking" , you have to find a spot on the street.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was incredible, Eline and Tamara did an excellent job to make us feel at home. Eline even offered to let us use her shampoo when we realized we didn't have any. They went above and beyond and should be recognized for that. Overall it was a great stay and I would love to return.

Muy lindo hotel. La habitación era cómoda pero el staff se la pasa gritando desde la mañana (7 am!!) con lo cual no se puede descansar hasta tarde. Está muy cerca del centro de Quepos. Una lástima que te quieran cobrar por todo! (desayuno no incluído, juegos no incluídos, caja de seguridad no incluída...). El resto bien!

Very nice place, but our room was less than desirable. Cheapest room meant right next to kitchen and so much noise and cigarette smoke stayed in our room. German run friendly staff.

Think people tried to break in one night, really loud banging etc at 4am one morning, all lights outside were on etc...hardly there fault I know. pool nice, but not a place you can hang out, all the flowers means sooo many bugs, not nice. location fine, staff helpful enough, a bit abrupt though, think due to the language difference however. No atmosphere in this place. Have to pay for really slow internet, safes in the rooms have a daily rate and air con & brekkie r extra, crazy!

The staff was very friendly and helpful with information about the area.

I thought it was rude when we were told we didnt have a tv or air conditioning because we had the ¨cheap room¨. We knew this before we came, but the way she told us was condesending. Roof leaked all night.

Good value in pricey part of Costa Rica!

This place should not be on Hostelworld. It's a hotel and they nickel-and dime you for everything. In fact, I would recommend avoiding Quepos all together as it only really has raggedy annoying fishermen, prostitutes and cocaine. Awful place.

Everyone was really nice and the room I stayed in was great. I would definitely reccommend this place to families, older people, and Germans specifically. I'm an American guy in my 20's. I was the only person in the 20 -40 age range and everyone, from the staff to the majority of the guests, were German and eastern Europeans. Great breakfast buffet, though. Very quiet and safe.

If you are a single traveller, do not stay here. I stayed in a single, which was right next to the kitchen for 22 USD a night. The room was incredibly hot with no real ventilation. When I sat in my bed the first night, I leapt up as over a hundred fire ants were in the sheets. I called the staff and they came and cleaned the sheets, but did nothing else. I asked to move, and they would not do it. So, I moved the mattress into the bathroom and slept on it there, as I thought the ants were coming from the wall next to the kitchen. Not a good night, not a good hotel. It is also in a bad area of Quepos, 6 blocks from the central area. On my walk back, I was asked on multiple occasions if I wanted to buy drugs. Also, they do not have internet, and you must go into town (6 blocks) in order to use a computer.

The price on this website does not include breakfast ($8) or air conditioning. It is quite hot here but they wanted to charge me over $60 for an airconditioned room. Otherwise the place is very nice and a good deal.

I have to say that the staff at Villa Romantica was unbelievable. THey were the most accomodating staff we encountered on our trip. THe premises were great with a beautiful pool and the room was beautiful. A great place to stay in Quepos!

very friendly staff but rather noisy room as next to reception thank god for ear plugs!