Hotel Wako Reviews

2-2-16 Haginochaya, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

The bathroom was clean and nice and provided everything needed. Down side was there was only one shower for women. The toilet for women was in this room so only one person could use it at a time and you needed to get the key. Even if you just needed to go to the toilet you had just this one possibility! (I just went to the guys toilet....) the room smelled funny... But it had a fridge and I was alone in the room. Staff was helpful but no English. I wouldn't advise girls going here.

Decent place for the price

My friend and I wandered around the area for about an hour in the middle of the day trying to find the hostel. However, we were unable to find the hostel and was distracted by the hoards of drunk homeless people lining the streets yelling at us for money and following us. Not to mention the sirens of ambulances and police cars passing by picking up a few people that were unconscious and sprawled on the sidewalks. We decided to cancel our reservation and find a hotel in a safer location.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Positive facts:staff is nice and friendly.I left my suitcase there after check out free of charge.Negative facts:smoking is allowed everywhere.The non smoking rooms are between smoking room.People also smoke in the corridors.The room stinks a lot,not only of cigarette,but there's a strange smell that makes it hard to sleep.Homeless people who live in that area are very noise during all night.There was only one female toilet for all 7 floors.Men walk in their underwear and pee with the door open.

For the value of money is a great deal, the staff is helpful even if you cant speak japanese and their english is very poor, but mostly everywhere in japan the english is poor, so dont blame them at all, there is a nice japanese style bath and is close to JR and subway... The area around have homeless, thats Nishinari, but anyway nobody gonna harm you or bother, if you are scared just go and pay the double price in the city centre. I enjoyed my stay and will go back if have chance