Hotel Waterloo & Backpackers Reviews

1 Bunny St, Wellington, New Zealand

i did nt like the kitchen, specially on morning with greasy noodles smell

Rooms quite dank, but excellent location. Seemed to be a friendly atmosphere, but only stayed one night. Would recommend based on close proximity to train station

Hostel was functional but we really hated the bunk beds that we got in our private ensuite room. It had the equipments necessary for a night's stay in Wellington however, I wouldn't recommend a longer stay at the place.

For an older building, these guys do an amazing job of keeping it clean and welcoming. It was incredible watching the staff clean up each day - and I wondered - why is it that guests couldn't do this for themselves??? Great staff - disappointing guests.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

location good

A mixed bag of a hostel. Staff very kind and friendly! Good location too! The bedroom wasn't cleaned before we arived so we had to wait for the cleaner to arrive an hour later. The "fresh" bedding didn't seem to be fresh either. Cleanliness not exactly the best. The cafe/canteen was strange. We had probably the worst continental breakfast I have ever had and they didn't even bring out all the food nor cutlery to eat it with. Aside from the cleanliness and food, this is an OK place to stay.

Great for an overnight stay in Wellington because it's right by the buses, trains, and ferries. Hotel atmosphere, not a hostel. Clean rooms, unstable squeaky beds, loud outside (though that doesn't bother me). Room was ensuite, which was awesome. Kitchen was large, clean, and even had an oven. No extras in terms of cooking supplies, though. Wouldn't have picked it if I was planning to stay in Wellington longer, but it was great for what I needed.

Convenient to those travelling by rail and nakedbus.com , however, it is away from the city center. It has a pub on basement floor. Rooms are spacious and have ensuite bathroom.

Stayed in a few hostels in my time and really enjoyed this hostel. Comfy beds, clean areas and excellent location. There's a bar , tv room and a cafe with really nice low cost food. Failing that there's a McDonalds at the bottom. Only five minutes from Wellington shopping area Inc. Cuba street which was just amazing. Would stay again and will recommend to any travellers I see planning to head to Wellington.