Hotel Waterloo & Backpackers Reviews

1 Bunny St, Wellington, New Zealand

Upon arriving my bed was taken by somebody else in the 20per dorm. Was helped by staff to locate another bed though which was good. Room wasn't clean at all, smelt poor etc. Have stayed in other places much nicer for similar prices.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

I stayed one night in a single room with a shared bathroom. The place is a dump. Seriously needs some better cleaning and some paint. My room had all kinds of holes and cracks in the walls and the carpet felt so dirty I kept my shoes on at all times. The shared bathroom was also in a pretty poor state. I'm glad I only booked one night here. I would not stay here again.

An excellent hotel. The room was immaculate and far exceeded expectations. Everyone loved the hotel and we had a wonderful stay. We would all very happily stay again.

Made my one night stopover in Wellington comfortable and enjoyable. Excellent reception service. 6-hour free baggage storage service. Room was clean and the bathroom too (speaking for my experience), on the quiet 5th level away from the noisiness at night though the backpackers's in downtown right next to the bus station and railway station, which gives its advantage over others in location.

This is my second stay here and they have both been relatively similar. I personally like this hostel because the kitchen is absolutely huge and great and it is literally right next to both Blue Bridge and the Naked Bus stop. However it is definitely not the nicest or cleanest, but enjoyable enough.

I slept in bed dorm. The beds and bathrooms was really awful, dustys and very dirty everywhere. The same for the kitchen. The restaurant and bar's staff wasn't helpful and nice. We really felt we bothered us. And it was really expensive for what we had. Ah and just one hour of free wifi per day which, of course, didn't work.

• 11th Dec 2015

Great place to sleep - not going to offer you a whole lot more. Has a 24H reception which helped us book cheap transport to the airport. ~$60 for a private double room is the best price you'll get in Wellington so close to town. Not the place if you want to meet other travellers/socialise.

Unclean bathrooms, far walk from city centre (though close to train station). Fine if you're looking for a place to stay for the night, but average price for lower than average bed, bathroom facilities, charging points (only 4 in a 20bed dorm room) and "free" wifi (quotation marks as you're limited to an hour before you have to buy more).

We did not open the window cause McD is right beside and all the oil smell came in, but then the room became so hot, ventilation not good enough. Far from cuba st but really liked how it was closed to the bus stop. Staff was helpful

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Was a great hostel close to the Westpack Stadium and close to the ferry terminal. Bummer they didn't have any parking for their guests

Good location, acceptable price, clean rooms. Perfect for staying for one nigth or longer.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Czech Republic

Very nice and clean. Super close to bus train and ferry. Only about 5 min to the city center. Would stay there again.

i did nt like the kitchen, specially on morning with greasy noodles smell