Hotel Yumbo Imperial Reviews

Guayaquil N2-49 y Sucre, Quito, Ecuador

Staff are very friendly. Great location in the historic centre - walking distance to everywhere. Cannot fault security at all. To be let in or out the front door needs to be buzzed and someone with a key arrives. Nice and clean and includes use of a little kitchen. Wifi worked well and was in our room.

The hotel is just great. The owners are very nice and will help you with anything. They provide a pick up service from the airport. I made this hotel my base in ecuador. During my travel I had to pass through quito various times and this people made every stay a pleasure. Its a good and cheep hotel in the middle of the historical center. Other hotels in this very nice part of the city a much more expensive. So go to yumbo imerial

I quite enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful (but only one of the 5 I encountered spoke any English, so make sure you can speak some Spanish!). They do a great job of keeping the bathrooms sparkling clean, and there's plenty of hot water for a nice shower. The one thing that's both good and bad is that the front door is always locked, and when you buzz, someone (it seemed only some of the staff) with a key has to come let you in. Or out, for that matter.

• 30th Jul 2014

The Hotel is owned by a very nice couple. They make you feel like part of the family and are happy to help where ever they can. The hotel has a pick up service from the airport. It very central in the historic center of the city and everything can be reached by food.

I really enjoyed my time in this hostel. It has a great atmosphere and the owners are very nice. They make you feel welcome and are very willing to help you. The son speaks English which is convenient when you don't speak Spanish.

• 12th Jul 2014

Really great location. It's an easy walk to anywhere in the historic district and the green line trolley is less than a block away. The hostel is definitely on the older side, but the hot water for the shower was much faster than anywhere else I've stayed in Quito and the staff are really friendly.

I only got to stay for 2 nights but from when I was there it seemed like a nice enough hostel. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the location is a 5 minute walk to the main bus station. Will recommend

Lovely place with lovely people. Very helpfull and nice al the time. Good located in the "Old-town-center" but still quite during the night.

I found this hotel walking around the city trying to find a good location that was accommodating and not expensive and boy did I find a treasure. This little hotel is wonderful. The staff was helpful and friendly, the Wi-Fi was terrific, fast and efficient and I had an inside room so it was quiet at night.