Hotel & Hostel Colombo For Backpackers Reviews

Viale Antonio Paolucci, Venice Mestre, Italy

If you are looking for a place to meet people in a good atmosphere, don't go there. The place is like an old hotel but some rooms can be shared, but it doesn't seem to be a hostel. The personal was not helpful to me, even rude when they didn't let me stay at the lobby after 23.30. My train was leaving 1.20 a.m. so I had to go and wait at the train station, which is closed at that hours. Around the area there are no bars and few restaurants. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby.

The place located not far from train station, there is one place near by where you can buy some fruits and water near by, I was during winter time, so it was cold a bit at room.

cold water, wifi does not work, rooms look like prison

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Belgium

It's clean, close of train station. The price was excellent. Just disliked the shower, wasn't good one. The cover window doesn't close.

Worst hostel and restrooms smell like urine . It looks like correction facility Hostel world should remove this from listing

This hostel is actually a hotel and has common bedrooms with many beds. I´ve stayed in a 4-bed and it was great. Clean, nice, and close to the train station (5 minutes walking). No common area, though. Only bad thing, the staff recommended to take a bus to Venezia, but it is so much faster going by train. Don´t take the bus!

Remember the kids in school who were ok but never seemed to have a clue? They are now working at Hotel Colombo. "Excuse me, is there a map of the city?" "Huh? Uh, no." "Is there breakfast in the morning?" "I don't know." "Is there a bar in the neighborhood with wifi?" "I don't know." Staff were all incredibly out of it, as if they were not even working at a hostel. No toilet paper in the lobby bathrooms for 24 hours. Location is brilliant and it's super cheap. Bring mosquito repellant.

Nice stay. Bathroom is small. It's very near to Mestre Train Station. Staff is very nice! I liked it.

helpful receptionists and nice atmosphere in the lobby

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Montenegro

Extremely dirty. Mosquitoes in room. Horrible atmosphere. Bathrooms smelled like urine.

Management wasn't helpful. Only wifi in the lobby, not in any rooms. I woke up with one morning with 40+ mosquito bites. The entire ceiling was dotted with them. Would never stay here again, even if someone paid me.

Very lovely and helpful staff. I enjoyed my stay.

• 29th Aug 2015