Hotel & Hostel Colombo For Backpackers Reviews

Viale Antonio Paolucci, Venice Mestre, Italy

Very lovely and helpful staff. I enjoyed my stay.

• 29th Aug 2015

The A/C doesn't work properly. The beds are squeaky and it's not very clean. And it's not that cheap for a hostel on Venice Mestre (mainland). There are better rates for HOTELS in Venice (island). I had to stay in the mainland only because I have an early train the day after.

The hostel was a neat and tidy hostel that situates very close to the venice mestre train station. Rooms are very clean, and complete with air conditioning (which is always a good thing in the summer). The shower n wc is also clean, however the room is a little dark. Actually speaking of which the hotel/hostel is a little dark too. My corridor was not lighted during the day, only at night and theres barely any natural lighting, but it's a minor issue.

There was no air conditioning so I had to sleep with a cold damp towel wrapped around my head or else I think I would have passed out

Hey, our stay was good! Everything was fine. Wifi only in the reception area but thats all i needed! Value for money. You get what you pay for.

• 20th Jul 2015

Colombo was fine. It was pretty sparse, but I knew that going in. Leaving your key at the reception isn't the best but I didn't have any problems...not to mention a lot of the other hostels I've stayed job require that. Rooms are clean. Air conditioning! Not the best location but they can't really control that. Booked this less than 5 days in advance and had a great time. Transport to and from Venice is no problem with a nearby bus station.

The toilet in our room stank of urine, like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. The toilets down stairs by the reception were poor as well, both men's and women's toilets didn't have toilet paper in them, there was no bin in the ladies toilet; some one had stuffed their sanitary towel in the toilet paper holder. The staff weren't friendly, or that helpful, we didn't feel we could ask them any questions or really approach them.

nice plan if you want to go in venice and don't pay lot's of money in vaporetto (7,5€ per trip). The hotel is just next to the train station of Mestre. The train ticket for santa Lucia-Venice is 1.25€ and there is a train almost every 5 minutes (trip of 15 min). Also there is a big supermarket (Aliper) with normal prices not like in the center of Venice. If you are taking the boat for Greece or another ferry from Fusina Terminal Port the bus station is just outside the Hotel. Have a nice stay!

The hostel's off the island, but for the price this was worth it. Since it was so close to the Venezia Mestre train station it was really easy to get from there to the island. The staff seemed kind of unfriendly--more or less helpful, but they didn't seem too happy about it. Wi-fi only worked in the common area, which was a bit of a pain. Rooms weren't anything fancy, but definitely sufficient.

Don't stay here unless you're desperate, I only did cause I knew I'd be getting into Mestre late and didn't want to have to navigate Venice in the dark. There was water dripping from the ceiling because the air conditioner broke so the floor was flooded and there were no window screens so I got tons of bug bites. I was told I would be in an all female dorm, but when I woke up the next morning there was a man in one of the beds! I could also hear some sort of animal in the bathroom ceiling.

The Hostel is hard to find, especially when youre there for the first time. There is no information how to get into the city, no maps on the reception. Unfriendly and strange reception staff. You're asked to leace the key on the reception, where everyone can just take it and get into your room. Rooms are spartanic. The bed is clean though.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Croatia

Nice place close to the veince train station walking distance

Didn't actually end up staying here- on arrival they asked for a cash payment (previously we had been emailed with a warning that they don't take cards in hostels) and send us here there and everywhere looking for cash points. Had no idea where we were/where we were going and the only bank we saw was shut. Wasting our time so booked a hostel quickly actually in Venice.

nice staff and location

Close to the Venice Mestre train station, about a 10 minute walk. Neighborhood is not the safest looking place, but it was clean, bed were a bit shaky but for a price at this rate clean and good location was what I was really looking for. Very quiet hostel, not many people were there when I stayed there.

• 24th Apr 2015

They give you a towel! So nice...

The staff was nice when I arrived and had a welcome feeling. In our 4 bed room there was wifi and it was good. Location was perfect not so far from the train station and the sign of the hotel is huge you won't miss it other than you didn't read the name of the hotel like I did.

• 6th Apr 2015

The place was nice enough and Venice can be easily reached by bus. However, the room left a lot to be desired and the bathroom was pretty poor. The staff were helpful and there's a nice restaurant attached to the hostel, but there wasn't much of an atmosphere (not sure if this was just because of the time of year I was staying there).

View all Venice Mestre Hostels