Hotel & Hostel Colombo For Backpackers Reviews

Viale Antonio Paolucci, Venice Mestre, Italy

It is very basic so do not expect your normal hostel atmosphere or facilities. If you are there only to sleep then it is good for money and not a problem. The staff aren't as friendly as others I've encountered but not rude either. Could do with a lick of paint but other than that nothing horrid.

Mostly the staff is nice but the place is falling apart. No heat in the rooms or bathrooms, shower almost impossible to control temperature, lights and electrical outlets don't work, fire alarm goes off in the middle of the night, poor blankets, etc. But it was a bed.

• 23rd Jan 2015

My room had an awful cigarette smell, I had to open the windows and freeze in order to be able to sleep there. Although being winter there we no extra blankets, just the thin one in the bed. Someone made the fire alarm sound at 4 am in the morning. The rest was fine.

Venice was at minus six degrees, the heater was not working and there were no blankets.It was New Years, we had to go down to reception at 3 am when we arrived and ask for them . They didn't have any and the guy, talking bad about the rest of the staff went to get them from other rooms, he brought us three blankets, used. My bed was completely bent and the staff were bad mouthing each other. It was definitely not a nice experience, we were afraid for our lives. To anyone wanting to be here: RUN.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed in Venice for the New Year, so it's not really very cheap there. The location is not very good for girls traveling alone since u hav to go through an underpass in the night. And u hav to pay extra money to the centre island. But I think the suggestions from the city map given by the hostel are really good. Overall, it's OK.

Location is good if you're not able/don't want to stay in Venice itself. There is a bus passing by every 10 minutes that takes you directly to the Venice Island (1,20€). Also, the train station is in 5 min walkin distance. People at the front desk were nice, the hotel itself reminds more of a hotel that was well visited in the 1970s and has not been renovated much since. Rooms were okay, for one day we had cold water in the shower and they offered us to switch rooms.

Everything was as expected, except for the temperature of the room, which was unconfortably low.

• 27th Dec 2014

We were here off season, so it was very quiet. Fine for us. Good location close to train station, 10 mins to Venice. Building was a bit creepy probably something to do with off season. Cool hang out room. Some of the staff were great, some a bit rude. Would come again in high season

방이 혼숙임에도 불구하고 화장실은 잠기지도 않고 방은 엄청 추움!!난방조차 되지도 않고 부엌이 있긴하나 전자랜지만 있는 정도. 건물도 교도소 분위기. 호스텔중 최악의 호스텔!!

I was looking for a place to stay one night before going to the airport and it worked well for me. Nice staff and great location if you want tot be near Mestre train station. Uncomfortable beds and not very clean though.

The area itself was fairly shifty. The receptionist on the evening shift was extremely curt. The heater was not turned on despite the weather being quite doleful. Took a lot of effort to get extra blankets instead. Wifi connection in the rooms was poor, and did not work in the lobby early morning.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • India

Good hostel. Close to bus and train station. You have to pay in cash which I didn't know since I booked with credit card.

• 10th Oct 2014

Staff are not welcome. I had to ask for cup at breakfast and the table are without food. Desk information not clear about directions.

This place works, it is just not a nice place, except for maybe the view out of the window. Two out of three staff members were very nice, another was half nice. Breakfast sucks. The shower attached to the room was nice.

This hostel is in mestre but a short train or bus ride away to Santa Lucia. The hostel is basic but clean! Staff is helpful, they let me use the phone to call my family I'm Canada and print for free.

Pros: - close to Venezia Mestre train station (less than 10-min walk) - game room, but we didn't use it - staff was helpful Cons: - staff not really friendly; seemed impatient - bathroom was surprisingly gross. all the materials and surfaces seemed old, worn-out, and in need of being thrown out. felt like it was an old, beat-up gas station bathroom. this was in stark contrast to the room, which was fine. i think they're renovating so YMMV. - mosquitos; we were bit several times in the night

Very bad matress, noise from the street, room was stinky.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Hostel is very close to Mestre train station, takes you 20-30 minutes to get to Venice by train while avoiding the crowd of the islands. Luggage room is just a small area hidden by curtains in the main hall, but nobody ever reported anything missing. There is a small kitchen for everyone's use but not that well equipped with plates and a few dining tables. Very good value for money and good choice if you don't mind traveling to Venice and back daily.

The only complaint I have Is that I requested my room not be cleaned/entered, twice, and they entered and cleaned. I don't like personal space invasion. I went and told the front desk that my simple request wasn't met, and they did nothing about it. Not even apologize. And they don't have lockers.

i have staied only one night but i enjoyed with it .. i recommend to you . hostel in mestre where locaion is .

View all Venice Mestre Hostels