Hotel & Hostel Colombo For Backpackers Reviews

Viale Antonio Paolucci, Venice Mestre, Italy

nice staff and location

Close to the Venice Mestre train station, about a 10 minute walk. Neighborhood is not the safest looking place, but it was clean, bed were a bit shaky but for a price at this rate clean and good location was what I was really looking for. Very quiet hostel, not many people were there when I stayed there.

• 24th Apr 2015

They give you a towel! So nice...

The staff was nice when I arrived and had a welcome feeling. In our 4 bed room there was wifi and it was good. Location was perfect not so far from the train station and the sign of the hotel is huge you won't miss it other than you didn't read the name of the hotel like I did.

• 6th Apr 2015

The place was nice enough and Venice can be easily reached by bus. However, the room left a lot to be desired and the bathroom was pretty poor. The staff were helpful and there's a nice restaurant attached to the hostel, but there wasn't much of an atmosphere (not sure if this was just because of the time of year I was staying there).

It is very basic so do not expect your normal hostel atmosphere or facilities. If you are there only to sleep then it is good for money and not a problem. The staff aren't as friendly as others I've encountered but not rude either. Could do with a lick of paint but other than that nothing horrid.

Does the basic when you wanna visit gorgeous Venice. Clean more less, but not comfy. Perfect location by the bus stop, from where the bus takes you to center of Venice in 10 min. Not much more, internet was bad for me and no bar, common room or kitchen can be problematic to someone traveling low budget.

Mostly the staff is nice but the place is falling apart. No heat in the rooms or bathrooms, shower almost impossible to control temperature, lights and electrical outlets don't work, fire alarm goes off in the middle of the night, poor blankets, etc. But it was a bed.

• 23rd Jan 2015

My room had an awful cigarette smell, I had to open the windows and freeze in order to be able to sleep there. Although being winter there we no extra blankets, just the thin one in the bed. Someone made the fire alarm sound at 4 am in the morning. The rest was fine.

terrible beds. it's easy to get around from there because it's near train and bus station, but all the rest is below the expected.

Venice was at minus six degrees, the heater was not working and there were no blankets.It was New Years, we had to go down to reception at 3 am when we arrived and ask for them . They didn't have any and the guy, talking bad about the rest of the staff went to get them from other rooms, he brought us three blankets, used. My bed was completely bent and the staff were bad mouthing each other. It was definitely not a nice experience, we were afraid for our lives. To anyone wanting to be here: RUN.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed in Venice for the New Year, so it's not really very cheap there. The location is not very good for girls traveling alone since u hav to go through an underpass in the night. And u hav to pay extra money to the centre island. But I think the suggestions from the city map given by the hostel are really good. Overall, it's OK.

Location is good if you're not able/don't want to stay in Venice itself. There is a bus passing by every 10 minutes that takes you directly to the Venice Island (1,20€). Also, the train station is in 5 min walkin distance. People at the front desk were nice, the hotel itself reminds more of a hotel that was well visited in the 1970s and has not been renovated much since. Rooms were okay, for one day we had cold water in the shower and they offered us to switch rooms.

Everything was as expected, except for the temperature of the room, which was unconfortably low.

• 27th Dec 2014

We were here off season, so it was very quiet. Fine for us. Good location close to train station, 10 mins to Venice. Building was a bit creepy probably something to do with off season. Cool hang out room. Some of the staff were great, some a bit rude. Would come again in high season

View all Venice Mestre Hostels