Hotel & Hostel Colombo For Backpackers Reviews

Viale Antonio Paolucci, Venice Mestre, Italy

They give you a towel! So nice...

The staff was nice when I arrived and had a welcome feeling. In our 4 bed room there was wifi and it was good. Location was perfect not so far from the train station and the sign of the hotel is huge you won't miss it other than you didn't read the name of the hotel like I did.

• 6th Apr 2015

It is very basic so do not expect your normal hostel atmosphere or facilities. If you are there only to sleep then it is good for money and not a problem. The staff aren't as friendly as others I've encountered but not rude either. Could do with a lick of paint but other than that nothing horrid.

Mostly the staff is nice but the place is falling apart. No heat in the rooms or bathrooms, shower almost impossible to control temperature, lights and electrical outlets don't work, fire alarm goes off in the middle of the night, poor blankets, etc. But it was a bed.

• 23rd Jan 2015

My room had an awful cigarette smell, I had to open the windows and freeze in order to be able to sleep there. Although being winter there we no extra blankets, just the thin one in the bed. Someone made the fire alarm sound at 4 am in the morning. The rest was fine.

terrible beds. it's easy to get around from there because it's near train and bus station, but all the rest is below the expected.

Venice was at minus six degrees, the heater was not working and there were no blankets.It was New Years, we had to go down to reception at 3 am when we arrived and ask for them . They didn't have any and the guy, talking bad about the rest of the staff went to get them from other rooms, he brought us three blankets, used. My bed was completely bent and the staff were bad mouthing each other. It was definitely not a nice experience, we were afraid for our lives. To anyone wanting to be here: RUN.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed in Venice for the New Year, so it's not really very cheap there. The location is not very good for girls traveling alone since u hav to go through an underpass in the night. And u hav to pay extra money to the centre island. But I think the suggestions from the city map given by the hostel are really good. Overall, it's OK.

Location is good if you're not able/don't want to stay in Venice itself. There is a bus passing by every 10 minutes that takes you directly to the Venice Island (1,20€). Also, the train station is in 5 min walkin distance. People at the front desk were nice, the hotel itself reminds more of a hotel that was well visited in the 1970s and has not been renovated much since. Rooms were okay, for one day we had cold water in the shower and they offered us to switch rooms.

Everything was as expected, except for the temperature of the room, which was unconfortably low.

• 27th Dec 2014

We were here off season, so it was very quiet. Fine for us. Good location close to train station, 10 mins to Venice. Building was a bit creepy probably something to do with off season. Cool hang out room. Some of the staff were great, some a bit rude. Would come again in high season

방이 혼숙임에도 불구하고 화장실은 잠기지도 않고 방은 엄청 추움!!난방조차 되지도 않고 부엌이 있긴하나 전자랜지만 있는 정도. 건물도 교도소 분위기. 호스텔중 최악의 호스텔!!

I was looking for a place to stay one night before going to the airport and it worked well for me. Nice staff and great location if you want tot be near Mestre train station. Uncomfortable beds and not very clean though.

View all Venice Mestre Hostels