Hotel & Hostel Colombo For Backpackers Reviews

Viale Antonio Paolucci, Venice Mestre, Italy

The hotel is near to the Mestre train station, but if you want to spend the night in Venice is not so convenient. It's not possible to get internet in your room. Employee are quite friendly.

checked in and was told by my dorm roomie that the place had bed bugs. I checked my bed (room 305) and found 3 of them straight away. Complained to the front desk and was given a bed in another mixed dorm. This room turned out to be a private with king size bed and a single cot. They expected 3 travellers who didn't know each other to share this! I complained and was given one of their private rooms in the nice new building. Dodgy old hotel which has been changed to hostel. Not recommended.

Would never stay here again because the staff was horrible. Not friendly at all. Sitting behind the desk doing nothing and acting like you were bothering them when asking a question. The directions they gave were awful. If you take bus #15 do so before 8pm cause that is when the last one goes and taxis are not plentiful. When I checked in the man acted like I was stupid for getting lost and the female behind the desk when I checked out was so rude. I had a private room with private bathroom.

We arrived late at night after a long travel day. The receptionist was less than eager to serve us and did everything slowly. We asked the next morning they could recommend any nice restaurants in the area and they replied with 'no'. I asked for a bottle of water which a sign said they sold, they had none left and still had none the next day. The cleaner did not clean the bathroom, only mopped the floor and left only 2 clean sheets for 4 beds... Very unhelpful staff

• 7th Jul 2014

Not that bad.

Clean and quiet hostel in Mestre. I only stayed there one night as I was just passing by.

I think I was originally supposed to be in a larger dorm room, but ended up in a tiny three person one where I couldn't meet anyone. The fridge is also not in the "kitchen"area, so you have to ask them to put stuff in there for you.

Need some time to travel to main island, but much better than staying in main island paying a lot and get shxt. I can say hostel in main island usually sucks, expensive , old and worn out.

The daytime staff member was outstandingly helpful and friendly. The night time person was not so friendly

It is what it is, a cheap place to stay outside of Venice.

Free wifi, friendly staff. bus stop is just around the street into venice. close to the train station. shopping center is close. rooms are average, shower is small but useable.

after staying here and train station hostel in mestre, I can say I prefer here. it's more expensive however but either is fine for one night on your way through venice. nothing special, but the facilities were clean and rather modern (in the bathrooms) despite what i read in reviews prior.

Although it is not in the city, it's very close to the station and bus stop so you're in Venice in 15 minutes. The room was ok... not the best and not the worst, but the shower was pretty bad. The staff was very helpful.

I woke up and had a cockroach walking down my sheets. The shower is uncomfortable.

The personal that work at the receptionist are a lot....attention there are a fuking Pakistan man there that work in the night and copule Giove you a problem don't ask north ing. To Himalaia.

Basic hostel but very well located (5 min from Mestre station w/ direct bus to Venice).

• 1st Mar 2014

I arrived at night and the guy who was in the reception was not so clear and fine receiving me. Also I saw many guests having troubles with him. A friend of mine had issues with her room (window couldnt be totally closed) asked for a blanchet and it was denied. That was nonsense at all. Even its finished, they should fo something to support its customers.

View all Venice Mestre Hostels