Hotel & Hostel Colombo For Backpackers Reviews

Viale Antonio Paolucci, Venice Mestre, Italy

방이 혼숙임에도 불구하고 화장실은 잠기지도 않고 방은 엄청 추움!!난방조차 되지도 않고 부엌이 있긴하나 전자랜지만 있는 정도. 건물도 교도소 분위기. 호스텔중 최악의 호스텔!!

I was looking for a place to stay one night before going to the airport and it worked well for me. Nice staff and great location if you want tot be near Mestre train station. Uncomfortable beds and not very clean though.

The area itself was fairly shifty. The receptionist on the evening shift was extremely curt. The heater was not turned on despite the weather being quite doleful. Took a lot of effort to get extra blankets instead. Wifi connection in the rooms was poor, and did not work in the lobby early morning.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • India

Good hostel. Close to bus and train station. You have to pay in cash which I didn't know since I booked with credit card.

• 10th Oct 2014

Staff are not welcome. I had to ask for cup at breakfast and the table are without food. Desk information not clear about directions.

This place works, it is just not a nice place, except for maybe the view out of the window. Two out of three staff members were very nice, another was half nice. Breakfast sucks. The shower attached to the room was nice.

This hostel is in mestre but a short train or bus ride away to Santa Lucia. The hostel is basic but clean! Staff is helpful, they let me use the phone to call my family I'm Canada and print for free.

Pros: - close to Venezia Mestre train station (less than 10-min walk) - game room, but we didn't use it - staff was helpful Cons: - staff not really friendly; seemed impatient - bathroom was surprisingly gross. all the materials and surfaces seemed old, worn-out, and in need of being thrown out. felt like it was an old, beat-up gas station bathroom. this was in stark contrast to the room, which was fine. i think they're renovating so YMMV. - mosquitos; we were bit several times in the night

Very bad matress, noise from the street, room was stinky.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Hostel is very close to Mestre train station, takes you 20-30 minutes to get to Venice by train while avoiding the crowd of the islands. Luggage room is just a small area hidden by curtains in the main hall, but nobody ever reported anything missing. There is a small kitchen for everyone's use but not that well equipped with plates and a few dining tables. Very good value for money and good choice if you don't mind traveling to Venice and back daily.

The only complaint I have Is that I requested my room not be cleaned/entered, twice, and they entered and cleaned. I don't like personal space invasion. I went and told the front desk that my simple request wasn't met, and they did nothing about it. Not even apologize. And they don't have lockers.

i have staied only one night but i enjoyed with it .. i recommend to you . hostel in mestre where locaion is .

Very good connection from Mestre to Venice. Rather place for sleeping than meeting other backpackers. But quite reasonable price compared to other hostels in Venice.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. This was my first stay in a hostel so didnt know what to expect. The microwave in kitchen area was filthy and I scrubbed it before use. I never used the shower because the shower head was clogged up with dirt and cubicle dirty. The beday leaked when emptying. The area was a bit eerie of a night but I walked to hostel at 9pm alone and was safe.

• 7th Sep 2014

If your plan is just have a bed to sleep, is just OK. Wifi only is available on the main desk. Best Regards.

The rooms smelt bad and the bathroom was horrifically dirty and needed repair. The bed was terrible..you could feel each of the metal springs inside. The bunk beds were squeaky. There was a 'blanket' provided which took the form of a bed sheet. Complained about lack of blanket and bad bed. Got moved into a room after a heated discussion. Better bed..worse bathroom. The power sockets are irregular and none worked in the rooms. Only in common area.. No wifi in rooms. Excuses from staff. Rude staff

I don't think your are very kind with me, when you complained for the room i gave you immediatly a new one without a "heated discussion" and i told you that you were right and also i explained to you why there wasn't the blanket and i asked you why you didn't asked one to my collegue in the night if you needed one?! After to gave you and your friend a new room i put two blankets for the night in the room. If for you this is a rude staff... well i'm rude! Anyway i hope you enjoyed your stay

The hostel was good for its price but we where four people a little bit stacked in a room quite small. What helped me to choose it instead of another one in the other side of the train station was the bad reviews about the neighborhood of the later (I was arriving late in the night). In that sense, Hostel Colombo was in a not scary at all neighborhood :-)

Staff was unhelpful. No posibility of making any kind of food. Good location if you don't want to pay the price of hostel in Venice. Overall okay but don't expect anything than a clean bed.

The hotel is near to the Mestre train station, but if you want to spend the night in Venice is not so convenient. It's not possible to get internet in your room. Employee are quite friendly.

Free Wifi in All Rooms and in Looby!!

checked in and was told by my dorm roomie that the place had bed bugs. I checked my bed (room 305) and found 3 of them straight away. Complained to the front desk and was given a bed in another mixed dorm. This room turned out to be a private with king size bed and a single cot. They expected 3 travellers who didn't know each other to share this! I complained and was given one of their private rooms in the nice new building. Dodgy old hotel which has been changed to hostel. Not recommended.

View all Venice Mestre Hostels