Hotel & Hostel Colombo For Backpackers Reviews

Viale Antonio Paolucci, Venice Mestre, Italy

The only complaint I have Is that I requested my room not be cleaned/entered, twice, and they entered and cleaned. I don't like personal space invasion. I went and told the front desk that my simple request wasn't met, and they did nothing about it. Not even apologize. And they don't have lockers.

• 24th Sep 2014

i have staied only one night but i enjoyed with it .. i recommend to you . hostel in mestre where locaion is .

Very good connection from Mestre to Venice. Rather place for sleeping than meeting other backpackers. But quite reasonable price compared to other hostels in Venice.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. This was my first stay in a hostel so didnt know what to expect. The microwave in kitchen area was filthy and I scrubbed it before use. I never used the shower because the shower head was clogged up with dirt and cubicle dirty. The beday leaked when emptying. The area was a bit eerie of a night but I walked to hostel at 9pm alone and was safe.

• 7th Sep 2014

If your plan is just have a bed to sleep, is just OK. Wifi only is available on the main desk. Best Regards.

The rooms smelt bad and the bathroom was horrifically dirty and needed repair. The bed was terrible..you could feel each of the metal springs inside. The bunk beds were squeaky. There was a 'blanket' provided which took the form of a bed sheet. Complained about lack of blanket and bad bed. Got moved into a room after a heated discussion. Better bed..worse bathroom. The power sockets are irregular and none worked in the rooms. Only in common area.. No wifi in rooms. Excuses from staff. Rude staff

I don't think your are very kind with me, when you complained for the room i gave you immediatly a new one without a "heated discussion" and i told you that you were right and also i explained to you why there wasn't the blanket and i asked you why you didn't asked one to my collegue in the night if you needed one?! After to gave you and your friend a new room i put two blankets for the night in the room. If for you this is a rude staff... well i'm rude! Anyway i hope you enjoyed your stay

The hostel was good for its price but we where four people a little bit stacked in a room quite small. What helped me to choose it instead of another one in the other side of the train station was the bad reviews about the neighborhood of the later (I was arriving late in the night). In that sense, Hostel Colombo was in a not scary at all neighborhood :-)

Staff was unhelpful. No posibility of making any kind of food. Good location if you don't want to pay the price of hostel in Venice. Overall okay but don't expect anything than a clean bed.

The hotel is near to the Mestre train station, but if you want to spend the night in Venice is not so convenient. It's not possible to get internet in your room. Employee are quite friendly.

Free Wifi in All Rooms and in Looby!!

checked in and was told by my dorm roomie that the place had bed bugs. I checked my bed (room 305) and found 3 of them straight away. Complained to the front desk and was given a bed in another mixed dorm. This room turned out to be a private with king size bed and a single cot. They expected 3 travellers who didn't know each other to share this! I complained and was given one of their private rooms in the nice new building. Dodgy old hotel which has been changed to hostel. Not recommended.

Would never stay here again because the staff was horrible. Not friendly at all. Sitting behind the desk doing nothing and acting like you were bothering them when asking a question. The directions they gave were awful. If you take bus #15 do so before 8pm cause that is when the last one goes and taxis are not plentiful. When I checked in the man acted like I was stupid for getting lost and the female behind the desk when I checked out was so rude. I had a private room with private bathroom.

We arrived late at night after a long travel day. The receptionist was less than eager to serve us and did everything slowly. We asked the next morning they could recommend any nice restaurants in the area and they replied with 'no'. I asked for a bottle of water which a sign said they sold, they had none left and still had none the next day. The cleaner did not clean the bathroom, only mopped the floor and left only 2 clean sheets for 4 beds... Very unhelpful staff

• 7th Jul 2014

Not that bad.

Clean and quiet hostel in Mestre. I only stayed there one night as I was just passing by.

I think I was originally supposed to be in a larger dorm room, but ended up in a tiny three person one where I couldn't meet anyone. The fridge is also not in the "kitchen"area, so you have to ask them to put stuff in there for you.

the Beds could be better. It's a really good option

Need some time to travel to main island, but much better than staying in main island paying a lot and get shxt. I can say hostel in main island usually sucks, expensive , old and worn out.

The daytime staff member was outstandingly helpful and friendly. The night time person was not so friendly

It is what it is, a cheap place to stay outside of Venice.

Free wifi, friendly staff. bus stop is just around the street into venice. close to the train station. shopping center is close. rooms are average, shower is small but useable.

View all Venice Mestre Hostels