Hotel and Youth Hostal Mayflower Reviews

Andador Libertad, Oaxaca, Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Fantastic hostel. I think we were there in the down period, so there wasn't much of a vibe. But we booked last minute, it was amazingly cheap, the bed was comfy, the facilities were great, and it was a close walk to shops and the beach.

• 11th Jan 2014

Nice enough, good location.

We stayed in the hotel portion, and it was awesome value for money. It felt like a much more expensive hotel than it was! :) Shower was not very hot, but that's to be expected in Mexico. I would return here.

Very close to the main beach. Nice rooftop bar. There were bed bugs on the bed i was sleeping but the staff didn't tell me probably because of my lack of spanish...

lI liked the hoste, it wasn't a "wow" experience - and the location isn't optimal to the "it" places (Zicatela coastline). You have plenty of choices nearer "la punta" with a better mood and considerably lower prices. The place is clean and colorful, I liked the deco. Staff could be friendlier / more helpful, I was in a hurry to catch a bus and the guy at the desk didn't even move a finger to help out when I wasn't being able to catch a taxi and was freaking out. Oh! and i has no swimming pools

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Venezuela

Great location near El Adoquín, quiet and clean. Had a wonderful welcome and received an upgrade. Nice staff. You can choose to which beaches you want to go... Zicatela (no swimming, but surfing) or Carrizalillo and Puerto Angelito (both swimable). All reachable in less than 20min by feet

The water did not work in the dorm bathroom at the back any of the mornings I was there. No flush, no showers. Every morning guy had to go do something out the back to get the water to come on again. Additionally there was no hot water the whole time which didn't matter too much cos it's hot, except that they advertise it's available 24/7. Water issues aside, the hostel was actually quite nice and the beds were comfy. Location is good between the bus station and the beach.

View all Puerto Escondido Hostels