Hotel da Galé** Reviews

Largo dos Lus�adas, Cerro da Piedade, Albufeira, Portugal

I booked a room for 3 people and nobody told us the third bed would be a few pillows placed on the floor. There were not enough sockets, the bathroom was too dark and needs an entire renovation. The breakfast restaurant has an old carpet that smells really bad. In addition, when we went in the terrace to see the swimming pool we stayed locked on the outside, there was not a door handle outside, we had to bash the door until a guest opened us the door. The entire hotel needs to be refurbished.

The best thing I can say about this hotel is that the location is great. Besides that I don't have much positive feedback. The staff was not very helpful, the way they billed us was extremely confusing, asking for 65% of the payment upfront before even seeing the room. The room was dusty and dirty and the bathtub was also not clean. The water at times was brown, not a good sign. This hotel was actually a worse deal than the youth hostel I stayed at the night before for half the price.

• 4th Aug 2014

Unfortunately after staying here we felt a hostel would have been a better option. Our double room was extremely basic - two beds and a desk, with only one working power point. The bathroom needed a good scrub (layers of dirt in the bath tub) and halfway through our stay a horrible sewage smell started coming from the drains which was pretty terrible! 'Daily housekeeping' consisted of a rubbish bin change only - after 3 days we had to request a new roll of toilet paper :( overall disappointing.

I've stayed in average hostels before (not speaking about hotels, as this one is supposed to be), for lower prices, and were much better than Hotel da Gale. The staff is very helpful and thoughtful though.

The toilett seat was bad and rust is comming out of the water. Not very good clean in the room. But everything else was nice. The staff was really nice and beautiful view from the room.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The first day we arrived at the hotel there was no hot water. They fixed the problem but it happened again. The beds were hard and there was not many power points in the room. You could only use the wifi in the bar and reception it didn't reach the bedrooms. I would not recommend this hotel. The only things that were good about this hotel were the staff and the swimming pool.

Great stay. Hotel da Galé is really good located, just 5 minutes from the city center and the beach. The staff is helpful and nice. The room is basic, but functional (but the cleaning people only clean it from time to time) The only problem is that the shower doesn't have hot water,which is ok because of the climate. Also, the hotel is on a the top of the city (which is good because of the view: beautiful), and it has a lot of steps. Recomend it if you're on a budget.

• 27th Jun 2014

Simple and clean two star hotel with a fantastic sea view. Close to the beach!!

• 24th Jun 2014

I'm impressed with this 2 star Hotel. Very good hotel with some things that can be changed but is a very good hotel. I have to say the staff was very friendly and professional !! The breakfast was very good but I recommend this hotel to give more variety of food.

• 24th Jun 2014

Reaaaaally nice view from the balcony! Neat rooms and helpful staff! I woud definitely recommend and go back!

Was our first time in albufeira and we hope to return!! The city is lovely with history and of course, very good beaches! The hotel was very close to the beach, about 100 meters we think, the staff was lovely with us, the rooms was simple with an outstanding view, on the breakfast you can eat until you explode because is buffet!! Excellent for a two star hotel!! The best thing of this hotel was the view over the ocean from the esplanade...something unique!

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Cheap hotel but it's worth the money. Rooms were decent. Staff was great and very helpful and the view from the pool/ terrace was incredible. We couldn't believe breakfast was included, that was great. Bummer the bar wasn't open during the day.

neat, but not very cozy place. Our room had only two AC sockets, one - one for TV, higly, the other behind the bed, so it was difficult to load phone and camera bateries. But all in all, there is excellent value for money.

• 15th May 2014
  • Lithuania

This is a review for the Regina Apartments. I booked to stay in hotel de Gale however upon arrival the hotel appeared to be closed so I went around the other side and rang the bell. Luckily there were people inside - this hotel is being renovated so they transferred us to the Regina Apartments. I think they shouldn't take any booking for this hotel when it actually isn't open. The Regina apartments are in a great location, right in the old town. It's basic but for what we paid we can't complain.