Hotel da Galé** Reviews

Largo dos Lus�adas, Cerro da Piedade, Albufeira, Portugal

Very good value for money! Excellent view.

I booked a room for 3 people and nobody told us the third bed would be a few pillows placed on the floor. There were not enough sockets, the bathroom was too dark and needs an entire renovation. The breakfast restaurant has an old carpet that smells really bad. In addition, when we went in the terrace to see the swimming pool we stayed locked on the outside, there was not a door handle outside, we had to bash the door until a guest opened us the door. The entire hotel needs to be refurbished.

The best thing I can say about this hotel is that the location is great. Besides that I don't have much positive feedback. The staff was not very helpful, the way they billed us was extremely confusing, asking for 65% of the payment upfront before even seeing the room. The room was dusty and dirty and the bathtub was also not clean. The water at times was brown, not a good sign. This hotel was actually a worse deal than the youth hostel I stayed at the night before for half the price.

• 4th Aug 2014