Hotel de la Place Reviews

21 rue Henri Martin, 92240 Malakoff, Paris, France

Nice hotel situated in a quiet cozy Malakoff city. About 8 min walking from a metro station "Malakoff- Plateau de Vanves" (station is 10min ride to Montparnasse/ 20min to Invalides or Champs Elysees). Shops, restaurants and a bakery are just some steps from the hotel. Room is cozy, bed is clean. Wi-fi is a little bit weak but works. Thanks for the staff: Mathieu was helpful with his fluent English, as well as a man of 60 which name I don't know but who was very charming:) Thanks for Kubi too!

The neighborhood around the hotel is great! On Wednesdays and Sundays there's a market in the square half a block away selling all kinds of goods, and an unbelievable food market in the building right across the street! Don't miss it! The 3 person room was jokingly tight. We had literally 18 inches between the wall and the end of the beds! I think the doubles are probably fine. The bath is a sit in the tub and clean yourself with a shower wand. Close to Metro & clean

My stay in Hotel de La place was awesome. It was my first trip to Paris with my boyfriend and I enjoyed a lot. room was nice and cozy. Staffs were nice and friendly :)

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Nepal

The hostel was under renovation, but they were very helpful by putting us in a conveniently located hotel instead. I can't say much for the hostel itself but the staff I talked to was very nice

Very good hotel. It's rather far from the city center in a very quiet surrounding, that can be either advantage or disadvantage. Stuff is very good and helpful. The receptionist speaks english, but others don't. However, that wasn't a problem.

I really like this hotel. It is located near Metro and situated around very nice neighborhood in Malakoff centre. The neighborhood give different atmosphere and unique experience compared to crowded Paris city center. The hotel is closed to many cafes, restaurants and shops. The staff is very nice and helpful. I would definitely come back here if I visit paris in the future.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

Good place to visit Paris, close to Metro no. 13. Very polite and kind staff. Room small but very clean. I recomend that hotel to short trip.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Poland

Good Price. The room is very clean. A little bit far away from the center, but it's acceptable with metro station nearby.

• 8th Sep 2013
  • Taiwan

Thank you!

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Russia

Very noisy and VERY hot, otherwise the staff was good and helpful. Almost all of the staff spoke english. We had to change rooms because our first rooms shower was broken. The location is about 15 min away from central Paris by subway..subway was a tad confusing at first.

The hostel was a good place for young couples or travelers to stay for a day or two. The security wasn't great. When I wanted to store my bags for the day, they were left with a pile of other unlocked suitcases next to (not behind) the front desk. So basically, I wouldn't travel there with valuables. Otherwise, the neighborhood was fairly quiet and the stay was comfortable.

• 11th Jul 2013

It was a nice hostel, we have been in a 3 bed-room, quite small but to a fair price... I can recommend the place!

• 10th Jun 2013
  • Austria

in general, the hotel is fine, although it is a bit far from the city center, but it is not a problem.. However, the biggest problem is that, ONE of the staff at the reception is VERY UNFRIENDLY, and NOT polite AT ALL. And this makes the overall impression for the living there VERY BAD.

The hotel is in Malakoff, a bit away from the tourist area but there is a metro station very close and moving is not a problem. We stayed 4 days and in 2 of them they didn't replenish the toilet paper, and they left the soap only the first day. Breakfast is not included but there is a cafe, but it isn't cheap.

Had a good stay here. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was good, location near metro so it was easy to get around. Staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi was only good from the 1st floor staircase downwards, could not be accessed inside the rooms. A decent, comfortable place to stay.

accessible from metro..though its far from city centre. dislike the atmosphere in the roon..staff not particularly friendly

Generally pretty poor place, but I guess you won't get more for that money in overpriced Paris. The red blinking hotel sign was the best though ;)

This hotel was a really good price for Paris, but awfully far away. Connection to the city wasn't so bad on the Metro, but if you're coming in to CDG airport it is very, very far away. Works better for Orly or train arrivals/departures. It was nice to have a private shower/bathroom in the room, but the towels were a little dirty. Also the map location is a bit off--the hotel is actually south of it's place on the map. The staff was nice and overall a good experience for the money and Paris.

Just average. I booked a private room, and they lock, but I'm pretty sure the cleaning staff or someone left the door unlocked one day because it was unlocked when I got back. There is only a french-style bath, no stand up shower in the room, which was a bit of a hassle, but manageable for a few days. The rooms are SMALL. I've stayed in singles that nearly the size of our triple. Considering how far out from the city it is, I think you can do better for the price.

Because they did not confirm with Hotel de la Place that there was a spot for my friends and I and we ended up staying in a different hotel completely. We were driven there by the hotel de la Place front desk employee. It was very scary and unsafe. I cannot rate my orignal hotel because I did not get to stay there.

• 15th Oct 2012