Hotel des Mines Reviews

125, Boulevard Saint Michel, 75005, Paris, France

Very creepy. Wouldn't recommend.

Hotel was in a wonderful location,very clean and quiet and the staff were very helpful. Was ideal for a single person. Room was perhaps a little small for two people.

• 31st May 2014

Don't be put off by its two star rating, it definitely doesn't seem it. It's clean, safe and in a brilliant location.

• 7th Apr 2014

It's a great place to stay, 5mn walk from the subway. The staff was very kind. The rooms were clean. Only problem was the sound in the reception of the subway.

We had a great short break here and wouldcome back and recommend to friends.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Scotland

The bed was quite good we can't complain about the room the views weren't exactly the best from Paris but we highly recommend the owner to make bigger the showers.The breakfeast was ok for 10€ but you shouldn't expect fried eggs but good for the value for money

What a find Hotel des Mines was! My niece and I had a room on the top floor with the biggest bathroom ever! The room was clean and it was very quiet! The location was perfect. Walking distances to many sites and to the Metro. We felt very Parisian! We would stay there again!!

• 4th Sep 2013

Know that this is not a hostel at all. Just a regular hotel. It is very close to the metro station Luxembourg. I was quickly able to walk to the Latin quarter. Nice breakfast in the morning...more than just coffee and bread.

Everything was really good !! I really Like the position it has. It was really close to the metro and just in front of the Luxembourg gardens. The staff was really nice and helpfull. The rooms were clean and the environment was really comfortable. The price was really good for Paris and ofcourse it wasn't a 5 stars hotel but me and my family like it a lot

I would highly recommend Hotel des Mines. The location was excellent, right across from the Luxembourg Gardens with easy access to the Metro. I felt very safe there and very much enjoyed my stay. It was clean and the shower was quite nice...very important in my opinion!

• 24th Aug 2013

I stayed at Des Mines five nights and I am rather pleased. The hotel is with an excellent position in the upper parts of the Latin Quarter, not far from Boulevard Montparnasse and Jardain du Luxembourg. If one loves walking about Paris, the place is a great starting point (Paris is a huge city, mind you!). The reception staff are kind and helpful and each of them speaks at least two languages, so communication and explanations are not a difficulty. There is a well supplied supermarket next door.

It is a really wonderful hotel for the money! Best location you can have ever. Just 10-15 min. walking from Sorbonne/Saint Michel/Notre Dame in front of Jardin Luxembourg. You can't never find something like this for this price. Our room Nr. 506 was really nice, in best condition, the bath room was bright with a window and bath, and the airconndiitoning is a bless at summer. The charwoman even cleaned our own two tea cups that she found in the bath!! Great sevice!

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • Tunisia

Actually the hotel has a wifi. And the air conditioner is good.

Staff were really friendly, room but small but clean which made a difference. Air con was free and defo needed it in the 30 degree heat. Can hear the trains below but didnt both us. Great location

• 5th Jul 2013

When I stay in my room during the night had every 5 or 10 minutes a noise like a train. This is bad to try sleep.

• 6th Feb 2013

The room was clean and quiet, and they accommodated our mistake in reservations. It was very convenient to and from the airport and many tourist sites. We walked lots of places, but the RER stop was also incredibly close.

• 16th Dec 2012
  • All Female Group, 41+

Nice hotel located on the RER B line. Room was small but quiet and comfortable with a modern bathroom. The hot water didn't work for 2 days during our stay, which was frustrating, and the staff were not overly helpful during this time.

We didn't come expecting much , as was just looking for a low-cost central place to stay, knowing that we would be out and about most of the day. Was a perfectly acceptable choice. Air con was much appreciated, the staff were really helpful. We were on the 1st floor and you could hear the rumble of the metro passing underneath. Didn't really bother us, but if that kind of thing does upset you make sure you ask for a room higher up. Couldn't fault it for the price.

Great location! Right next to the Luxembourg gardens. Metro was very close by and that came in handy for getting to the airport. Small room but with everything you need. Bring your hairdryer with adapter if you have long hair and like to blow dry it. The hair dryer is horrible in the room and my hair looked awful as a result. The price for the breakfast is extremely high. 9 euros and you don't even get eggs but whatever there are tones of coffee shops... I would recommend this Hotel.

• 4th May 2012

Great value for money: clean, quiet, safe, extremely convenient location!

• 13th Apr 2012