Hotel des Olympiades Reviews

22 Square de Clignancourt, Paris, France

If you wish to visit Paris and not to spare much money , and yet to be in some decent place, Hotel des Olympiades is the best choice. It is very good situated near Montmarte:) I definitely reccomend this hotel!

Only one shower located at second floor and there was a line. Room had only one electric socket and tapetry was hanging from some parts of the wall. Shared bathroom was small and the ones we saw on the hallway were even smaller. Still the value for money was pretty good because it was close to metro stop.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Is a very old bulding, the quality for beeing a hotel is very poor, and what I still can't believe is that there are not showes, there is a toillet and sink but thats it. No Shower!

Was very disappointed. Wasn't expecting the Ritz as it is low budget for Paris, but after getting bed bugs they wouldn't refund our last two nights we had paid for, ended up leaving and booking somewhere else for our last two nights, worked out very expensive! Not impressed. Don't recommend

Poor quality but what we expected in this case. 24-hour reception was not true, we had to wait in the rain at night for a guy to wake up and answer the door. Location was poor but we knew that going in. All fine for what we needed, a bed and a shower. Not luxury living but we expected that.

Very good location, 50 m from the metro, but poor facilities. Our room was on the sixth floor, but the closest shower was on the second. Otherwise OK.

The hostel was basic but if that's all you need then that's fine. Very close to the Metro ( Line 4, stop Simplon), but the area around the hostel isn't that nice. The staff were friendly and all spoke English.

Price quite cheap when compare to other hotels in Paris. But I recommend others to spend more to choose a good hotel. NO FREE WIFI. 7EUROS for 72hrs. But I suggest you go to McDonald and KFC. They have free and fast wifi

Overall not a bad place to stay, fairly easy to get into the centre of Paris via metro. I could only find 1 shower on the 1st floor for the whole building and there are no sinks in the actual toilet - sinks were outside our bedroom instead. Also the hallways are very dark and badly lit, so be careful there. Our room was ok, but there was only a desk and 2 chairs inside - not much else. Despite this, I would stay here again as it was cheap for Paris and the bed was clean and comfy too.

• 15th Apr 2014

Our stay in this Hotel was ok. Very good location, 50 meters from metro station Simplon. Equipment of the hotel is poor, but for us that was ok. Most of the day we stayed in the city. The rooms were cleaned every day, towels were changed. Staff was friendly and english speaking. In that price we recommend Hotel des Olympiades.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Poland

The room (single bed) was missing any case or wardrobe or at least coat-rack to keep your clothes. The room had window only to air shaft. After my objection to receptionist he looked me in a way "what do I want". I think for 42 euros per night not that much. The room had no toilet (I knew this beforehand) but the shared one on third floor was desolate. No free internet, no fridge. Very disappointing experience for that price.

DO NOT STAY HERE! List of problems we encountered: Creaky floor, thin walls so you can hear EVERYTHING, our window didn't shut so it was cold each night, there were workers hammering on the wall outside our door at 7am, found bugs in our bed (bug bites), one outlet, showers are inconvenient, they are only on the first and second floor(we didn't even know there were showers), front desk people only know French so they couldn't give guidance, no soap in bathroom, wifi cost, hard beds, smelly hall

• 20th Mar 2014

The hotel is literally 20 second walk to Simplon metro station. On arrival the staff member seemed a little confused about our bookin but we got there. We paid for a shared bathroom but we were given a room with our own. The room was basic. The drains were a tad smelly and the walls were thin. The room got cleaned everyday, but the sheets and towels didn't. Over all you get what you pay for. I'd stay there again.