Hotel the Moon Reviews

Rue de la Montagne, 4 BIS, Brussels, Belgium

Excellent location, just perfect. 3 minutes' walk from Brussels Central, and even closer to the Grand-Place. Comedically tiny rooms, however, and noise from other rooms can make its way into yours quite easily.

The guy in the reception was really rude when I arrived and try to leave my luggage before check in. I know they are not supposed to do that for non-guests, but all other hostels do and people are usually nicer. After check out, i would need to take my luggage before his shift ended, cause "he didn't knew if the other receptionist would be ok with me leaving my luggage there". Also, the same man bothered me while I was trying to have breakfast. I expected a much, much better service.

Breakfast was not that good (some things were over by the time we arrived). It has an excellent location. The staff are gentle and helpful. Double bad really comfortable - and it is not two single bads put together.

Very basic room but clean and in a good location.

Overall our stay was really good. Price to stay in the weekend rate was good but the rate through Monday to Friday expensive. Breakfast room is far to squashed, way too small , not enough room between tables and wall etc. Staff friendly fly and helpful. Excellent location close to the central train station and the little square below which always seems to have activity with buskers etc. Interesting. If you wanted a good night sleep then this is not the place to stay. Room good and shower good..

• 27th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Really need to improve the bedding situation...that blanket was not warm enough and the pillows were pathetic. Since this is a hotel, not a hostel I would expect a little more in the bedding department.

I did not like that I had to leave my key with the front counter every time that I left, and that when I returned to tell them my room number that they did not confirm the name on the room. I could have just as easily lied about the room number I was staying in.

Excellent in everything , if you are planning to go to brussels , you should definitely stay here.

Stayed there back in early September. Really really dodgy experience. The reception guy seemed quite hostile, especially when I pointed out that I could get a cheaper price than the one he was offering by booking through hostelworld. The lock on our private room door was god-awful. Broken when we arrived, and all you needed to get through was a basic screw driver. Wasn't very clean (plenty of hair left on things, including towels!!!) - looked like the room had just been 'made up' not cleaned.

• 7th Sep 2014