Hotel the Moon Reviews

Rue de la Montagne, 4 BIS, Brussels, Belgium

Very basic room but clean and in a good location.

Overall our stay was really good. Price to stay in the weekend rate was good but the rate through Monday to Friday expensive. Breakfast room is far to squashed, way too small , not enough room between tables and wall etc. Staff friendly fly and helpful. Excellent location close to the central train station and the little square below which always seems to have activity with buskers etc. Interesting. If you wanted a good night sleep then this is not the place to stay. Room good and shower good..

• 27th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Really need to improve the bedding situation...that blanket was not warm enough and the pillows were pathetic. Since this is a hotel, not a hostel I would expect a little more in the bedding department.

I did not like that I had to leave my key with the front counter every time that I left, and that when I returned to tell them my room number that they did not confirm the name on the room. I could have just as easily lied about the room number I was staying in.

Excellent in everything , if you are planning to go to brussels , you should definitely stay here.

Nice little hotel right in the centre of Brussels. Perfect for a short stay in the city. Great value for such an ideal location, especially as breakfast was included. No bar in the hotel, but there are several bars and restaurants just next door.

You get what you pay for. Rooms were tight, breakfast was ok, and the "locker storage" was the space behind the man at the front desk. But wi-fi was pretty good.

Great location, very close to the central station and some of the main sights. The breakfast was pretty basic, but better than none.

Excellent location, that is the only good thing one can say. The free breakfast consists of stale cereal and tasteless milk/orange juice. Security is assured by a doorman who keeps your key, like in classic high-standard hotels, except here the doorman regularly takes a cigarette break or whatever, and leaves all the keys right there on the counter. Moreover, when my friend left early at 6am on our last day, they insisted that we checkout there and then, and were very rude about it. Bad.

Taking a cigarette break is no issue at all as the staff can easily keep an eye on things. Out the thousands of guests that have stayed here, you are the absolute first one to complain about a cigarette break. You fail to mention croissants, bread, coffee in the free breakfast. The keys are not left just there on the counter, they are stored behind the counter. Lastly, when the staff sees one of you leaving with lugage at 6am then it is normal that he asks to settle the bill.

The only compliant about this hotel is every time you go out you have to give your key to staff at desk. Sometimes we were waiting at desk for staff member to come back so we could get our key.

Great hostel! Perfectly located and value for money. Would come back.

• 26th Jul 2014

Brilliant location. Hearty free breakfast. Comfortable beds. Go for it.

Perfect location and value for money!

we did not have hot water to take a shower, it was out of order on that day. Everything was ok except for that

We were in the 4th floor, without elevator was a little bit complicated to my mom.

Great location. Very helpful staff. Clean and to the point. Not at all a party hostel and not really a place to meet people, but a great spot stay thats very central and close to tons of dining and sightseeing.

Good hotel in an excellent location for visiting Brussels.

Perfect location! Value for money! Cosy room with a nice view. Nothing bad to say :)

This hotel is located near the central train station and is very near to the main tourist area of Brussels, i.e. Grand Place town hall. Its room is moderately spacious and is very clean and quiet even though situated along busy tourist shopping and restaurants area. There are no lifts in this hotel building but the receptionist helped me to get my luggage into my room. A good tasty breakfast is provided every morning before going out to tour.

excelent place for the price