HotelHotel Hostel Reviews

3515 Fremont Ave. N., Seattle, USA

Stayed here while touring grad schools in Seattle. Very impressed. The staff was friendly and helpful when asked questions about city navigation or local points of interest. I had a private room, which was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The bathrooms were pristine and modern with a wonderful shower. Breakfast is simple (toast, cereal, fruit) but filling. I wished they had more organized activities. I didn't really meet any of the others hostel-stayers, but maybe that's on me.

• 13th Nov 2014

I had a great time here! Very modern, fast internet and new appliances in the kitchen. Key card entry at the front door and to every room. Great staff were friendly, positive and liked to hang out. Excellent area for restaurants, bars, live music, arts community etc nearby. Only con was the bar below can get loud for some of the rooms above it, but the hostel can't do much about that.

I paid for 2 nights and left 20 minutes later. I told them to keep the money. There was a little blond guy at the front desk who told me that the hostel was "for travelers, by travelers" and I wasn't eligible because I own a rental property in Seattle ( I don't live there)..I flew from NYC to Billings to Seattle in the previous days. I was in Geneva and France slightly before. He would make an exception this time only (implication:' don't come back'). I wasn't a real traveler. I left.

• 6th Nov 2014

Hey , Sorry to hear you took offense to our policy, we are absolutely a traveler only hostel, as we do state online, and absolutely no offence was meant. Your statement of owning a home in Seattle did bring up the question! Thanks for your feedback, we wish you happier travels in the future!

Check out time is 11:00am but any time after 12:00PM is better for accomodation. No signage at entrance marking Hostel name. No street number on building makes it easy to miss. Use of dimming lights in bedroom is recommended so low light can be used by dorm sharers at night; maybe bedside light stands or lamps. Inform guests to bring toileteries not provided on site like shampoo, toothpaste etc.

• 1st Nov 2014

The coolest hostel I´ve been! Nice, helpful staff with a bit grunge atmosphere! Free breakfast was nice addition to this experience. Highly recommended!

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Finland

The staff here are really friendly and helpful - it was a quick stopover for me but they gave great advise on what to see and the fastest way around. Hostel is nice, my bunk was very creaky and shaky though. Bathrooms are well maintained. Breakfast was good!

This hostel is adorable! I took my young sister to Seattle so we got a private which was great and its bathroom was very clean. Fremont is a very cool sort of artsy area and it was great to just walk around and checkout shops. It was about a 15-20 minute bus into downtown, but the bus stop was very close! I would say the social aspect of this hostel was a bit lacking, but for our situation it was great. Wpuld definitely stay again!

This hostel matches the neighborhood - a little bit quieter than downtown Seattle, but a whole lot nicer. Rooms are a good size, beds are comfy. Bathrooms are the biggest I've seen as a traveler ever, offer a nice level of comfort and privacy. The staff are all really friendly too. Bus stops both up and down the street, easy to get in and out of downtown. Not a real party hostel, so if you're a group or good at making friends then its a great place to stay.

Great atmosphere with lovely staff! Massive rooms and really nice/clean bathrooms.

I really liked the friendly staff and immaculate bathroom facilities (& facilities overall). It was in a lovely neighborhood so that was a plus. Admittedly there were issues: the noise at night was pretty bad. The hostel is next to a pub and it was loud each night I stayed, needless to say I didn't get a good nights sleep. The light in the bedroom was pretty dim, & with the black walls it made the room feel a little dingy. A better communal set up would make the overall atmosphere buzz more.

The perfect neighbourhood, the perfect place to stay!!

All worked well once I figured out the buses. The breakfast was surprisingly nice. Great place. Don't underestimate Fremont.

I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this is the nicest I've been in! Super staff, great facilities and location!

Honestly, the whole hostel was wonderful. The staff were very polite, explaining where everything was, even late at night to new guests. The entire hostel was almost always spotless. It was beautiful inside and outside, an area next to tons of interesting shops and plenty of food places. The only caveat to all this was it can be hard to sleep with a club/bar downstairs playing loud music, but you can only do so much. If you're a light sleeper, you might have a hard time. Otherwise, great!

Cool hostel, great staff. Highly recommend!:)

Super clean bathroom! Very friendly and helpful staff! Some nights will be little noisy cuz there's a pub downstairs.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

This accommodation wasn't necessarily the easiest to get to from the airport & bus however do follow the transport advice on the website as it's easy enough and then only 20 dollars to the train station. The travel distance was well worth it as it was an awesome & very cool place the decor in the room and the whole place is uber stylish with all the facilities you could need. Even better in an uber cool neighbourhood with a pub downstairs and lots of great food options nearby. I'd stay again. 😁

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great staff and location, but the facilities have several drawbacks. There isn't much seating space for meals and the dorms lack storage space (the lockers are small and not very convenient). The bathrooms aren't very practical either... Or clean. Finally the wifi signal is very low in the dorms.

Nice, modern hostel and I was glad to be a bit further out from downtown and in such a cute area with good food. Staff were really chipper & helpful. However, the dorm room I was in was *right* on top of the pub downstairs which was open until 2am everyday with music BOOMING in every night...it was especially worse on their karaoke night. It was impossible to get to sleep in the room before 2am even with ear plugs. The other dorms might be fine - but that one has serious sound problems.

After using several different hostels in South America and Europe, this was by far one of the best. Neat, organized, and everything looked fairly new. However, if one is visiting Seattle for sightseeing purposes, Fremont might not be the best location compared to some of the downtown hostels.

• 24th Aug 2014