HotelHotel Hostel Reviews

3515 Fremont Ave. N., Seattle, USA

Nice, modern hostel and I was glad to be a bit further out from downtown and in such a cute area with good food. Staff were really chipper & helpful. However, the dorm room I was in was *right* on top of the pub downstairs which was open until 2am everyday with music BOOMING in every night...it was especially worse on their karaoke night. It was impossible to get to sleep in the room before 2am even with ear plugs. The other dorms might be fine - but that one has serious sound problems.

After using several different hostels in South America and Europe, this was by far one of the best. Neat, organized, and everything looked fairly new. However, if one is visiting Seattle for sightseeing purposes, Fremont might not be the best location compared to some of the downtown hostels.

• 24th Aug 2014

Excellent place

We loved our stay at HotelHotel Hostel. The location is great and the staff are really helpful. The kitchen is a tad small but the rooms are so clean and well decorated you don't really notice. It was pretty hot for Seattle when we stayed but there was a fan in the room to help us out and just downstairs at the shop below we could but some tasty ice cream, problem solved!

• 23rd Aug 2014

This was an absolutely incredible place to stay! I already am thinking about making a few adjustments to my trip just so I can back and stay at least another night. I have nothing bad to say about this place what so ever!

There is virtually no parking - which is an issue if one is traveling with 2 small children! . I rented an dorm room even though there was just 3 of us because of the children. The room was really hot, and while we were grateful for the box fan provided, we could have used 2 more! Our room was directly above a courtyard, which amplified all noise, including a party at 2am. Mattresses were really thin, and the bunk bed unstable and creaky (try wood instead of metal!)

• 9th Aug 2014

Staff was mostly friendly and helpful, the place looks very new, the Location is a Little far from downtown, but the area is nice, around it are many bars, Restaurants and cafes. The lockers are rather small, there are a little to few places to charge your mobile devices, no tables for breakfest and the few bathrooms are crowded quickly in the morning.

The hostel is very clean and very well maintained. Security was not a drama, the only issue I would have would be the common area, or more so the area where guests can hang out together and mingle is quite small. This would be partly due to the layout of the hostel but all in all a good experience, great value for money and would definitely recommend staying at this hostel.

It was a nice stay in the hostel. I even find that the hostel is recommended by some tour guide book later on.

Very clean and nice hostel. Staff was always helpful! Good breakfast with fresh fruits.

I loved everything about this hostel - spacious rooms, MASSIVE clean bathrooms, good breakfast.... My only real negative, the building was so so so hot at all times!

Hot summer so windows had to be open and its on a busy street, good if you are out late, not so good if you want sleep.

Staff were really friendly and helpful, room was spacious and beds comfortable. Bathrooms are immense.

• 25th Jul 2014

I spent only $84 for staying 3nights (not including taxes). I payed $4 more for towel and locker(lent, not refundable). It is located in Fremont, and you can go downtown easily by bus. I enjoyed my time at HotelHotel Hostel and would love to stay again if I go to Seattle.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Very clean and very warm people ! One of the nicest hostels I've ever been to !

• 20th Jul 2014

Very clean hostel. It's in a nice area with the bus stop outside to go into the city centre. The staff are really nice too. Only thing that I found is that there aren't enough bathrooms/showers for when the hostel is full.

Very clean, professional looking hostel. It's close to a bar so might get some late drunk people making some noise, but I was able to sleep through it. The bathrooms and showers are very clean. They have lockers in the rooms and you can use your own lock; they rent you a combination one for $2. It's not in downtown but you can get there in 15-20 min.

Great place to stay. It looks either recently renovated or totally new. Staff are very helpful and I made a few new friends there. The hostel is in the Fremont district, so downtown is a bit too far to walk, but Seattle has a good bus system.

A really great place to stay in a really cool, hip, fun neighborhood. An easy 15 minute public bus ride to downtown Seattle. The owners and employees were all super sweet and seemed to really take pride in what they do. Will definitely be staying there the next time I'm in Seattle.

My reservation was canceled before my arrival and no one was able to figure out why. The place is hard to find because there is no signage. It's also above a bar so it is loud and you can smell cigarette smoke. Overall, it's an OK place to stay, especially if you're the type of traveler that is just looking for a place to lay your head.

• 6th Jul 2014