Hotelboot Angeline Reviews

Oosterdok 2, Pier 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My boyfriend and I just spent two days @ Angeline and we were absolutely enthusiastic. The hosts were friendly and helpful and caring (I had a condition and was taken care of in the most loving way!), the beds were very comfy (even if we hadn t realized from the website that our room would have two beds instead of a double one), the shower was nice and hot. The hotel is in short walking distance from the center, the museums and the night life district, perfect for a short stay like ours.

Very friendly and nice. A bit less of sexist jokes from the staff would have been appreciated. We weren't amused by stereotypes as "The shopping street is full of shoe and make-up stores. Do not give any cash to her there!" The wifi signal could have been stronger. Superb breakfast! I would recommend this place warmly.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Finland

Centrally located yet quiet. Great price. Very clean and friendly ( Henk and Cecilia are great hosts ). No WiFi before 11.00 ( I loved this as it meant not everybody has their head buried in Ipods and laptops at breakfast ). Breakfast has a wide choice to suit all tastes with the rule that you can eat all you like but no making packed lunches which is a fair rule. Rooms are basic but have everything you need and are very clean. This is not a "party" hotel. My wife and I loved it here.

• 7th Nov 2013

I had never been so welcome in my life, not even in my country. Cecilia and her husband are great people. They were kind and helped us whenever we need. The breakfast is delicious and the whole hotel is very clean. I felt at home all the time and I totally recommend this place.

• 2nd Nov 2013

A great low-budget option right in the centre of the city.

• 24th Oct 2013

Very helpful stuff which gave some nice additional info about stuff to do in Amsterdam

The staff was very helpful. The only "bad" comment is about the WIFI that goes down between 11 pm and 10 am

Very satisfied! The staff was very friendly and gave a lot of tips for two newcomers to Amsterdam. Would definitely book here again. Things that could be better.. WiFi in rooms (and at all times of day).

I was impressed when i read former reviews and saw such excellent ratings, but after spending a night there, i have to admit it more than lives up to them. The owners were extremely friendly and accommodating; it rather felt more like visiting an aunt's house rather than a hostel. Everything was clean and tidy, and the breakfast was top-notch. The location is as convenient as it gets, just a 7 minute walk from the central station. Plus, you get to stay on a boat, what's more to think about?

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Greece

Hostel Boat Angelina is the ultimate way to crash in Amsterdam! The place has so much character and the proprieters are extremely welcoming! Cecilia provided me with valuable information to get where I needed to go quickly. Breakfast is included and staying on this boat is a Bargain! I can't wait to stay here again!

Very friendly people and a very good location. The city center and central station are both in walking distance. The breakfast is also very good and prepares you for the day walking or riding through the city.

Absolutely loved staying on this quaint 'hostelboat'! The location is fantastic, within easy walking distance of the train terminal and Central Amsterdam, yet is very quiet at night. The breakfast and staff are terrific! Just wish the beds had a top sheet, otherwise perfect.

The staff are very pleasant and helpful. If you are after a romantic getaway/interested in the novelty of "staying on a houseboat" I would recommend maybe a night or two here but not longer - the atmosphere/vibe is definitely "dorm" style - very noisy with people coming and going all hours of night and morning drunk/stoned etc... The main area has no curfew so people are free to make as much noise at any time. The Wifi is strictly controlled - can only be used in main area between 10am to 11pm.

• 8th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

Its a perfect place to enjoy your holidays. Is good located, quiet, you have all facilities and the couple is simply adorable. Don't think about the hotel, come to the hotelboat!! I'm sure I'll come back!

• 2nd Oct 2013