House Hostel Zadar Reviews

Ljudevita Posavskog 14, Zadar, Croatia

Great hostel, really enjoyed my stay here. Iva was very helpfull.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great little hostel with super friendly staff! They helped us with some personal issues, lost luggage :). Rooms were big and spacious, very clean. Small kitchen but had everything we needed for 2 days stay. Location is also a big plus, beach is 3 min away. Thank you!!

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great hostel! Beds were clean, room was clean and it's pretty easy to meet people. The staff is real friendly too! Had a fun time chatting to Eva and Gorga. The hostel has a small kitchen which is great if no one else is cooking but can get crowded if everyone wants to eat at the same time. The bathrooms were clean (except for one that seems to take some time for the water to go down in the shower) but because they're combined with both toilet and shower, 2 didn't seem enough at times.

Thank you for you comment. Regarding shower drainage we will sort it immediately, thank you for letting us know. Thank you, Goga :)

I never even saw anyone working here when I stayed, I was just given the door code and left the next day. Really weird, unprofessional and a great way to lose money.

This hostel is trying very hard to improve, but there are several things that needs improvement. First is the cleanliness of the place, which could really be improved. There should also be fans in the rooms because at night it gets very hot, and there are mosquitoes entering from the opened windows. The location is a bit of the way, but the bus station is close by, which is convenient.

Thank you for your comment. Regarding cleanliness we do clean hostel generaly twice a day, sorry if you had other impression. Air con is in evey room, you just need to switch it on manually. Regarding location, you do have it on the map when you book so i don`t see the problem there. Thank you, Goga.

Great hostel. Gorga is really lovely.

Good location, about 20 mins by foot to old town and 10 mins to the bus station. Is good if you are doing your own thing as not much of a social vibe. Kitchen is also used as communal / lounge area.

The owner was in the process of upgrading the security when i left!

Great hostel and atmosphere. Beach was very close, supermarket, bus station as well. About 5-10 min walk to the city center. Staff was helpful.

• 29th May 2015
  • India

The location is perfect, very clean, very good energy. The owner is fantastic, very helpful. Recommend

• 28th May 2015

Staying here was a strange experience. I stayed for one night and never actually saw any staff. Another guest let me in, and he had been let in by another guest the day before.I was hoping to get some tips on things to do but that didn't happen. A key was left for me, but when I came back from exploring the door was unlocked. Anyone could have walked in, and there would have been no staff to stop them. There were no common spaces aside from a card table in the poorly equipped kitchen.

We do have reception hours indicated. Outside those hours we leave you a key and instructions how to get in. Thank you. Goga

I really loved my stay here. The staff here are brilliant, super friendly. They are the reason I continue to use hostels: they care whether or not their guests have a good time in their hostel and go out of their way to help you have a good time. We were well accommodated as a family and we felt welcome. Some hostels aren't so welcoming for children. There were no locks for keeping items but if you take a padlock, you can lock the cupboards in the rooms.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Wales

The atmosphere was very strange when we arrived (only one person there (staff?) who didn't say anything to us or even look at us.Overall we were dissapointed because it was more like renting a bed in a dorm room than an actual hostel.

Sorry for this experience. Probably it was a student living in the hostel who let you in, not actual staff. We do our best to give all the info about the place to all our guests and to make them feel at home. My apologies, Goga.

My sister and I stayed at House Hostel for three nights, and we couldn't be more pleased with our time there! Goga and her husband were extremely welcoming, accommodating, and eager to give us advice on local things to do in Zadar within our time-frame and budget. It was so nice to feel comfortable and at home for a few nights on a busy trip. We were a quick walk from both the beach and Old Town. I would definitely recommend House Hostel!

Fantastic. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would definitely stay at house hostel again😊

• 12th May 2015

Great place, and great owners/staff. It's like living in a shared apartment/dorm :)

So easy to find and close to the bus station. Nice big rooms and very clean.

Great location, Zadar is easily walkable. The hostel is located on one floor, so its very small and cozy. Goga was a great host and provded us with lots of recommendations for food and restaurants!

Nice hostel ; staff is very welcoming! I recommend