House L.A. - City Hostel Fussen Reviews

Wachsbleiche 2, Fussen, Germany

It is a pity that it is located so far from the main attractions of Munich because the Hostel is amazing, it has everything.

• 14th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

The room was nice, but a little cold. The staff was very friendly. The shower did not seem to be sealed so there was water on the floor. The wifi was terrible, don't hope to use it if you are on the bottom floor. The breakfast is not worth the money. Very little for what you pay. Location was ok. A little bit of a walk but the town is not too big. Maybe 10 minutes. If you leave your luggage, it is not locked up. Your bags are just left out and anyone can have access to them.

Booked 2 people in a 6-bed, given an 8-bed room in the attic. Raised this with staff who got defensive - stating that there is no price difference (there is), and that they didn't have 6-bed rooms (they do). The room is cramped, lacking storage and spotty wifi. Rooms lock from the outside but not unlocked from the inside. HUGE fire hazard. Wouldn't normally rate so low, but this was shonky.

Nice little hostel in a lovely little town. Rooms were clean and facilities were good. Parking availability was also appreciated

We stayed at several hostels around Europe and this had the poorest facilities. Basically they had too many people squeezed in for the standard of the facilities. One morning there was a sign on the door that we were not allowed to eat breakfast even in the little room with the tables and chairs. Our room was an 8 bed room up in the attic, and wifi didn't work unless you sat at the top of the stairs. It was dissapointing. Toilet seat in top floor bathroom needs fixing 8-)

every one can have breakfast for 3€ I don´t which paper on the door do you saw!

The location is great - a few minutes and you're in the beautiful town of Fuessen. Great, friendly, helpful staff (they washed our dishes for us when we borrowed some plates to eat our dinner!!) and the hostel was really pretty - more like a hotel atmosphere in some parts, but quite comfortable as well. I would definitely stay there again (and Fuessen is worth a repeat trip!).

I had great conversations with my roommates! But it's just I don't think some of the volunteers there were helpful (they were talking to the other volunteers and didn't seem to want to communicate with guests). Other things are great!

It's an actual house. We stayed in the dorm which is in the attic, and kinda weird to get up. Walking distance to the city center, and train stations to catch the bus to the castle. Breakfast is a weird set up, but it's only €3 whatever... Staff is cool. Bathrooms are clean. Beds were super comfy, but the lockers weren't in the rooms they were outside the doors usually. Not my favorite, but they still had lockers. Decent hostel would stay again.

Was fine. Bit lacking in atmosphere but most people are just passing through to see the castle before they move on again.

Whilst the location was perfect and the staff were extremely helpful, it couldn't help play on my mind that there was no form of security at all. Doors were all unlocked and left open, and no keys were handed to guests etc. but other than this it was perfect, and if you have the chance to: get the breakfast!

Cheap dorm bed but the room is cramped. No real common area but a balcony and small dining area. This place lacks atmosphere and security. No one locked the dorm room even though there is a key for it. Make sure to keep your valuables in locker. Great location though.

A converted house which is situated a short walk from the centre of Fussen. We had a private room with private bathroom which was basic but clean. A good breakfast for 3 Euros. Overall I thought it was a little expensive and cost wise was on a par with a hotel but not the facilities, but couldn't fault the welcome and helpful staff.

• 13th Aug 2015

This hostel was so homey and welcoming, and the staff was very kind and helpful. Found out one of them actually grew up about an hour from my hometown in the states! The hostel is more like a house with an attic, turned into a hostel, but I loved the charm. The location was a 4min walk to the center of Füssen, and they rented bikes for under €10 a day, which we did and rode to both Neuschwanstein & Hohenschwangau Castles and all of the lakes around. Amazing deal for an entire day of site-seeing!

Clean, good staff, excelent location!

Wonderful stay at LA. Nice to know that you can always speak English with the staff and they will understand you a100%

Not Bad :)

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Azerbaijan

For upcoming bookers, think twice before you going to book this hostel. The environment is good but NOT WORTH for what you have paid for. I have stay in few hostels before I came to this. I never got a bad experience like this before till I wish to leave a comment to advice you NOT TO BOOK this hostel. The staff come into your room before the check out time which make me feel uncomfortable and stress. Wifi connection is poor. Would not recommend you to take the breakfast though it is only €3.

I´II NOT recommend any hostel to take this two People,because they don´t know what they booked and not respect the condition of the hostel! AGAIN: you was booked two bed in 8-bedroom this room is not private it´s to share Check-out it´s from 10:00AM not PM I mean in the morning not at night!! I don´t wish any hostel to have you!!!

There was one key for the whole room in a lock box. Everyone we were sharing the room with left the code set on the lockbox meaning anyone could get the key out. The bathrooms were limited, and one was closed after 10pm. I wasn't upset about the conditions here, but I would definitely try to stay somewhere else next time.

Great, small Hostel close to the train station, delicious restaurants, shops, etc. Hostel was clean, comfortable, with options for different kinds of rooms (2 person vs. 12 person) to accommodate your needs. Quiet hours were observed. Breakfast is provided for a modest fee, but we didn't partake. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 17th Jul 2015

This hostel was amazing. Atmosphere was so great and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Also had a great view of the castles right out the windows. You could rent a bike and could buy breakfast. Overall was very clean and cozy. The only thing wrong was no security. Tiny lockers for bags and the front door was never locked. We also never locked our rooms. But to be honest I never once felt unsafe or that my things would be stolen so it's up to you.