House L.A. - City Hostel Fussen Reviews

Wachsbleiche 2, Fussen, Germany

Whilst the location was perfect and the staff were extremely helpful, it couldn't help play on my mind that there was no form of security at all. Doors were all unlocked and left open, and no keys were handed to guests etc. but other than this it was perfect, and if you have the chance to: get the breakfast!

A converted house which is situated a short walk from the centre of Fussen. We had a private room with private bathroom which was basic but clean. A good breakfast for 3 Euros. Overall I thought it was a little expensive and cost wise was on a par with a hotel but not the facilities, but couldn't fault the welcome and helpful staff.

• 13th Aug 2015

This hostel was so homey and welcoming, and the staff was very kind and helpful. Found out one of them actually grew up about an hour from my hometown in the states! The hostel is more like a house with an attic, turned into a hostel, but I loved the charm. The location was a 4min walk to the center of Füssen, and they rented bikes for under €10 a day, which we did and rode to both Neuschwanstein & Hohenschwangau Castles and all of the lakes around. Amazing deal for an entire day of site-seeing!

Clean, good staff, excelent location!

Wonderful stay at LA. Nice to know that you can always speak English with the staff and they will understand you a100%

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Not Bad :)

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Azerbaijan

For upcoming bookers, think twice before you going to book this hostel. The environment is good but NOT WORTH for what you have paid for. I have stay in few hostels before I came to this. I never got a bad experience like this before till I wish to leave a comment to advice you NOT TO BOOK this hostel. The staff come into your room before the check out time which make me feel uncomfortable and stress. Wifi connection is poor. Would not recommend you to take the breakfast though it is only €3.

There was one key for the whole room in a lock box. Everyone we were sharing the room with left the code set on the lockbox meaning anyone could get the key out. The bathrooms were limited, and one was closed after 10pm. I wasn't upset about the conditions here, but I would definitely try to stay somewhere else next time.

Great, small Hostel close to the train station, delicious restaurants, shops, etc. Hostel was clean, comfortable, with options for different kinds of rooms (2 person vs. 12 person) to accommodate your needs. Quiet hours were observed. Breakfast is provided for a modest fee, but we didn't partake. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 17th Jul 2015

This hostel was amazing. Atmosphere was so great and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Also had a great view of the castles right out the windows. You could rent a bike and could buy breakfast. Overall was very clean and cozy. The only thing wrong was no security. Tiny lockers for bags and the front door was never locked. We also never locked our rooms. But to be honest I never once felt unsafe or that my things would be stolen so it's up to you.

This was my first time staying in a Hostle. We arrived as stated on our reservation at 8am. We had just driven 6 hours from Aviano, Italy. We were very exhausted and were forced to stay awake longer without sleep on our castle tours later that day. We were told we were not allowed to check in until 5pm. Nothing was stated on the website about this and why would we be able to say 8am when we couldn't check in until that evening? The staff was rude and also tried to give our room away. Unimpressed

• 16th Jul 2015

sorry,never is a description check-in 8:00am and never you will find a Hotel check in 8:00am.Now I ask you why check-out 10:30am? you expect the People has to check out 8:00am,hahaha..realy funy!! and you booked very expensive tour,our tour was just 25€

beautiful sites, staff friendly, the kitchen are is very tight!!

No kitchen. Reception times are rather erratic and operates two times. We checked into 8 bed but found the riom to be 9 bed which is misleading. Wiuld recomnebd other hostels than this

This is an amazing place. Located in the beautiful town of Füssen, the hostel is in a quiet nice street. You can rent a very good bike and go to the Castles or the nearby lakes by yourself. Breakfast was delicious and made me feel at home. The staff was super nice, warm and welcoming people. There were no lockers but the place feels so safe and nice, so that wasn't a problem at all. One of my favorites stays in this trip. A MUST if you come to Bavaria

Easily walkable from the train station. and a polite staff were the best parts. The hostel had no atmosphere and there was nothing going on in town at night which was disappointing. We should have taken a late train back to Munich instead of staying the night, but the hostel made it simple to get to the castles. No lockers in the rooms and no real security to the doors ( the lock boxes had the codes already entered) made it quite insecure.

1 euro beers and 1.5 L bottles of water. Attic room sucks to get into because you hit your head on the ceiling if you're not careful. Great location. Friendly staff. Got stuck with a VERY LOUD SNORER though, so make sure you have earplugs just in case.

Nice hostel I had a wonderful times out there.

Excellent location! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great experience overall. Would highly recommend renting the bikes from the hostel and going up to the castle.

We spent a night there. We met some cool travelers and chatted in the common room. The house is a cozy place and the wifi is only available in the common room. At that night, the wifi was down, so people sitting there started chatting.

terrible security, there's no place for the guests to lock or store their luggage safely. only one key is available for tue whole room, so we can only lock the door when all the roomates arevout. no kitchen, the shower room is not clean and quite old.

We have locker on the corridor next to your room,sorry that you didn´t see it and no ask for that! , until now after 10years no one miss socks in our house so if you miss something please let us know,otherwise why this comment?