House L.A. - City Hostel Fussen Reviews

Wachsbleiche 2, Fussen, Germany

The hostel and its staff are great, but it is definitely made for short term stop overs as there is no kitchen and no bowls/plates, and there is a washing machine but it costs a lot to use.

The owner is the one who take care of us not the staff. That two staff are so anoying, they talk to each other in very lound noise and ignoring the guests. And do nothing except talking..... seriously!

The Taiwanese girl and Hong Kong girl are super friendly and helpful. But the hostel is a bit difficult to find and quite far from the station.

This is a house-turned hostel, with some rooms up in the attic with a low-ceiling. A bit like being in a dollhouse if you are over 6' tall, but manageable. Walking distance from Füssen's hauptbahnhopf, which is a bus ride from Neuschwanstein and 2hr or so train from Munich. Not the Ritz, but unbeatable for the price.

Staff were not on location upon our arrival. We had to call them to come over in order to check in. Rooms were nice, bathrooms were decent. Small hostel, but quite. Everyone was friendly. Close to downtown and very close to the castles!

• 28th Sep 2014

Security is rather poor. Anyone could walk right into the hostel all day without proper security at the front door.

It was a little bit tricky to find the hostel. The girls at the reception weren't totally unprepared and couldn't answer any of my questions, it seemed like the owner took the first two girls that he found on the street to work there that night, Room was ok, though,

Definitely worth the money

walking distance to the castle and very close to downtown Füssen, including the train station. Very clean rooms with nice beds and clean bedding. In addition to a hall bathroom, there was a sink in our room, which was very convenient.

• 29th Aug 2014

We loved staying in this hostel. It's in a great location and had amazing views over the Alps and Neuschwanstein Castle. Although we had a private room we were awoken about 6am every day because the hostel is quite an old building and the doors are quite loud. Half the hostels fault, half the other guests fault. We would have liked to have access to the kitchen but this was for a private use only. Loved the idea we could hire bikes for 9 euros a day- we had so much fun on them.

thank you!!

The staff was nice but not very skilled. They could not tell me if i could stay an extra night until 10 am in the same morning i had toleave. From the dorm window you could see neu schwanstein! But it is in the attic and there is just that window. It was a good place to stay and i would probably go again to this place.

We arrived at the hostel on 13rd Aug at 2pm and was told that we cannot check in our room yet because someone occupied it. We were upset because the room was supposed to be ready when we arrived, especially we had heavy backpacks with us. But we compromised to come back at night. However, it turned out we had to move to another place late at night because there was a communication error between the owner and the guest who were using our room. Disappointed. Hope they can improve the management.

The hostel staff was polite, the place is nice. They have rooms for two people, but because I booked late, I had to stay in a room with 7 other people. Which is cool if that's what you are going for.

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel is located at 2 minutes walking to the center. The room was an attic very small... 10 bed in a space suitable for ... 5 person .. Only one bathroom for floor and wifi in the room not working (only near the reception)...

Location was good, bed was comfortable. But there was no available kitchen.

Breakfast it was really good, bed good, good location, but Fussen isn't that big either. You can't use the kitchen. If you arrive before the check in time the only place to leave your baggage it's an open place down stairs where is a door fully open from outside. I didn't feel that secure of leaving it in there but at the same time, it's a little town in germany... Staff was friendly but as they are asian people, they don't know much about the place and restaurantes or bars or cafes.

I love this place, I met such lovely people and ha such a great time! The town I small, good location, 5 minutes walking away from the train station, always clean, has everything you want though not big at all

I barely needed anything more than a matress from this hostel, so I was satisfied by my stay, but I can't say I was impressed by it. The staff was nice, but spoke a very limited German. There was a common room with a fridge and a kettle, but the kitchen was allegedly for use only by the staff. Actually, they appeared to be having a party with other guests in there. I also found questionable that neither the house nor the dorm door could be locked.

Fussen is a really beautiful place to visit. The hostel is convenient to the train station and is very economical. Bike rentals on site are a great idea. The internet could be stronger. There wasn't always enough hot water for showers. The overall vibe was good.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Nice hostel just a short walk away from the center and the train station. The wifi was terrible and when you could get a connection you had to sign in again every 30 minutes. Breakfast was not included so I paid 2.50 euros extra - it's not worth paying extra for the breakfast. It would be better to spend your money in town and get a better breakfast. They offered luggage storage after checking out but this was just a space at the bottom of some stairs right next to an open door - not very secure