House & White Lakeside Lodge Reviews

No.93 Qingxi Village,Old Town District, (Between Lijiang & Shuhe Old Towns), Lijiang, China

This hostel is best one in China I think. It is very peaceful and quiet. The staff is so much helpful. The amazing view that you can see that on the public area everyday. The location is between two town. I will be back

• 12th Dec 2014
  • China

Thank you for your choice and support ! We feel very nice to meet you .Looking forward to meeing you next time !(*^__^*)

This hostel was perfect. You have an incredible staff. The location is right in the middle of the Old Town, Shuhe Old Town and BaiShaXiang (old town) so you can have the best of all worlds, instead of just being stuck in one place. The staff helped me plan my trips to Tiger Leaping Gorge and Shangri-La and even bought my train ticket for me and took me out for dinner one night. I can't say enough about how beautiful and peaceful the view is, the yoga room especially. My favorite hostel in China.

Thank you for your review.We feel very very very nice to meet you !Hope you have a fantistic trip in Lijiang.And hope to see you next time!

The owner Ben and staff Mengyao and the others were friendly and offered lots of attractions information when you inquired about places to go and Mengyao helped with all the travel bookings. This place suits those who enjoy a homely and tranquil environment, and is a great place to make new friends. I enjoyed my stay there very much. Thank you.

The staff and the owner has very warm personality and very helpful to me during my stay. It has an excellent environment and the view of Yu long snow mountain is awesome and breathtaking. My overall experience during my stay was excellent despite the location which is not centralised but not far from other sites of interest. The only thing is that the bed I slept on is a bit hard.

A very good place to stay. I would like to go again. Thanks for the warm welcome from staff.

Thanks a lot for your review .We feel very nice to meet you !

This hostel is one of my favorite in China! It is open

North of old town via bus 4 about 15 mins, good if you want a bit more peace and quiet. right by the lake gorgeous views and multiple upstairs roof patios. Really nice common area with fireplace pool table and patio. Food a little overpriced and need to walk at least ten minutes to get to food.

Very relaxing for a change, nice scenery, but food is more pricey since there's nothing around. Friendly people, super clean.

Thank you so much for all the service you provided us during our stay at this hostel. The staff was amazing and I am so sad that I never learned the receptionist's name. She was so patient and accommodating. She answered all my questions and made my travel experience unforgettable. I just wanted to say thank you again and I will spread the word about how amazing this hostel is.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Thank you for your support and left a review to us ! Very very nice to meet you and your friends .We hope to meet you in Lijiang next time !

Very friendly and helpful staff. Facilities were excellent. Inexpensive and enjoyable stay.

• 1st Oct 2014

Our stay was one of the best we had whilst in China. The location of the hostel is a little out of the main town but only a 5 minute bus ride or 20 minute walk. This wasn't a problem for us as we felt the view of the lake and snow mountain was worth it! The guy at reception was extremely helpful and nothing was ever to much of an ask. Everyone spoke very good english. The food at the hostel does seem pricey but is comparable to most places in the main town and is of a good quality.

We had a great weekend at the Lakeside Lodge. Their food was good and the location by the lake was pretty though not all that close to town. for a nice weekend of relaxing it is a perfect spot.

Nice staff , great location for quiet place!

Nice view from the hostel, plenty of common space yet no pantry for cooking. Cozy and perfect atmosphere, I'm not sure if you want to leave after you get there. Actually a several minute walk can get you to the bus stop. And for those who want to go to Tiger Leaping Gorge this hostel can help you to arrange transportation and get you to the entrance directly from the hostel. A convenient and budget method.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

We loved it here!! The staff were super helpful and spoke amazing English. The atmosphere was super cozy. We felt like we were hanging out in a friend or families home. The facilities were all spotless and new. Absolutely breath taking view of the mountain. A bit far from town but worth it get the laid back chilled atmosphere and it was easy to take the 1RMB bus right to the ancient city. Can't recommend this place enough!!

We had an enjoyable stay at Panba hostel, though it was a bit difficult to find from the bus, particularly given that it doesn't say the actual name of the hostel is Panba on the hostelworld website.. We liked that it was away from the hustle and bustle of Lijiang; however, the mattresses were extremely thin and left a lot to be desired comfort-wise. The staff was very helpful in booking our excursion to Tiger Leaping Gorge, and when the power went out, they provided free lunch!

• 22nd Aug 2014

This is a great hostel but far from the city. Stay here if you want to have a quiet stay in Lijiang (which can be very busy). Staff is amazing and there are a lot of things to do around (you can rent bikes ...).

Probably one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. Good food, really nice lounge and spacious/clean dorms. There's a great view of the qinxi resevoir and the staff were the friendliest of all the hostels I've stayed at. There are a couple of drawbacks 1) the location - getting to town and back requires taking a bus or renting a bike 2) it was quite quiet when I went - if youre going to trek the TLG I'd suggest staying somewhere central the night before Overall this awesome though

Nice hostel with great public area though the food and drink prices are high and the food takes long time till it served. Far away from the old city of lijiang but very nice view and by bus you can get everywhere. Don't ask the staff for train ticket !!!! They don't know how to do it.

At first ,thank you for your choice and comments.We feel very delighted that you like the view here .As for the train tickets ,it's very difficult to book tickets on line ,so we want try our best to book tickets for you ,but something unexpected happens ,we can't control that ,and we feel very sorry for that .Hope you understand us and have a good impression to us !

i stayed here for 3nights. i loved it. it was an oasis of calm. i really just wanted to chill myself but it was hard when everyone included you in their discussions. that was not such a bad thing. i loved it here. i asked so many questions and the receptionist helped me out so much. i am in debt to her and her staff for helping me along my travels in china. thank you so much. bedroom was fine and ensuite had a powerful hot shower. recommend a stay here