House & White Lakeside Lodge Reviews

No.93 Qingxi Village,Old Town District, (Between Lijiang & Shuhe Old Towns), Lijiang, China

This hostel is one of my favorite in China! It is open

North of old town via bus 4 about 15 mins, good if you want a bit more peace and quiet. right by the lake gorgeous views and multiple upstairs roof patios. Really nice common area with fireplace pool table and patio. Food a little overpriced and need to walk at least ten minutes to get to food.

Very relaxing for a change, nice scenery, but food is more pricey since there's nothing around. Friendly people, super clean.

Thank you so much for all the service you provided us during our stay at this hostel. The staff was amazing and I am so sad that I never learned the receptionist's name. She was so patient and accommodating. She answered all my questions and made my travel experience unforgettable. I just wanted to say thank you again and I will spread the word about how amazing this hostel is.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Thank you for your support and left a review to us ! Very very nice to meet you and your friends .We hope to meet you in Lijiang next time !

Very friendly and helpful staff. Facilities were excellent. Inexpensive and enjoyable stay.

• 1st Oct 2014

Our stay was one of the best we had whilst in China. The location of the hostel is a little out of the main town but only a 5 minute bus ride or 20 minute walk. This wasn't a problem for us as we felt the view of the lake and snow mountain was worth it! The guy at reception was extremely helpful and nothing was ever to much of an ask. Everyone spoke very good english. The food at the hostel does seem pricey but is comparable to most places in the main town and is of a good quality.

We had a great weekend at the Lakeside Lodge. Their food was good and the location by the lake was pretty though not all that close to town. for a nice weekend of relaxing it is a perfect spot.

Nice staff , great location for quiet place!

Nice view from the hostel, plenty of common space yet no pantry for cooking. Cozy and perfect atmosphere, I'm not sure if you want to leave after you get there. Actually a several minute walk can get you to the bus stop. And for those who want to go to Tiger Leaping Gorge this hostel can help you to arrange transportation and get you to the entrance directly from the hostel. A convenient and budget method.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

We loved it here!! The staff were super helpful and spoke amazing English. The atmosphere was super cozy. We felt like we were hanging out in a friend or families home. The facilities were all spotless and new. Absolutely breath taking view of the mountain. A bit far from town but worth it get the laid back chilled atmosphere and it was easy to take the 1RMB bus right to the ancient city. Can't recommend this place enough!!

We had an enjoyable stay at Panba hostel, though it was a bit difficult to find from the bus, particularly given that it doesn't say the actual name of the hostel is Panba on the hostelworld website.. We liked that it was away from the hustle and bustle of Lijiang; however, the mattresses were extremely thin and left a lot to be desired comfort-wise. The staff was very helpful in booking our excursion to Tiger Leaping Gorge, and when the power went out, they provided free lunch!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Nice hostel with great public area though the food and drink prices are high and the food takes long time till it served. Far away from the old city of lijiang but very nice view and by bus you can get everywhere. Don't ask the staff for train ticket !!!! They don't know how to do it.

At first ,thank you for your choice and comments.We feel very delighted that you like the view here .As for the train tickets ,it's very difficult to book tickets on line ,so we want try our best to book tickets for you ,but something unexpected happens ,we can't control that ,and we feel very sorry for that .Hope you understand us and have a good impression to us !

i stayed here for 3nights. i loved it. it was an oasis of calm. i really just wanted to chill myself but it was hard when everyone included you in their discussions. that was not such a bad thing. i loved it here. i asked so many questions and the receptionist helped me out so much. i am in debt to her and her staff for helping me along my travels in china. thank you so much. bedroom was fine and ensuite had a powerful hot shower. recommend a stay here

I cannot recommend this hostel enough! The staff was beyond helpful and friendly, even when I needed to make last minute changes to my plans. Our room was very comfortable, with some of the nicest facilities I've experienced in a while. I'm going to try and go back to Lijiang next January, and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else!

Had a few small problems on arrival, the indicated buses didn't arrive for over an hour. I tried to call the hostel only to find both the numbers were "Not In Service". The staff say they have fixed this, I haven't checked. The dorms are OK, but the 6 bed I was in could have used a table and a chair or two, only there would be nowhere to put them. The four-bed dorms look nice, even have a kettle. The private rooms are very nice, but way over priced 270 rmb is what I paid in Salisbury UK.

• 21st Jul 2014

I thought Panba was one of the best hostels I stayed at throughout my time in China. This hostel is really popular with locals so you may see too many foreigners. Also, it's location away from old town which is a good thing.

Had a very nice stay at Panba. A bit too far from the center (and got confused since there is another Panba hostel located far closer to the Old Town), but actually considering the noise and tumult there until late at night, maybe it was just as well. Shame the weather was rainy, they had an awesome terrace with a superb view on a lake. Bref! I warmly recommend this place.

Thank you very much. Owner is very nice guy. He explainede me how to go to Shuhe village to the last detail. I will come back!! Thanks

I had a very happy stay in Panba! Thanks all the staff there who have been so helpful and friendly. This is the cleanest hostel I have tried in China. If you prefer a quiet and relaxing hostel, Panba locates next to a beautiful reservoir which can definitely satisfy you! But it may be a bit hard to find at night and most nearby bus services stop by 9pm.

Nice place! Thanks so much for your time and pleasure we had to stay at your hotel.