House & White Lakeside Lodge Reviews

No.93 Qingxi Village,Old Town District, (Between Lijiang & Shuhe Old Towns), Lijiang, China

We had an enjoyable stay at Panba hostel, though it was a bit difficult to find from the bus, particularly given that it doesn't say the actual name of the hostel is Panba on the hostelworld website.. We liked that it was away from the hustle and bustle of Lijiang; however, the mattresses were extremely thin and left a lot to be desired comfort-wise. The staff was very helpful in booking our excursion to Tiger Leaping Gorge, and when the power went out, they provided free lunch!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Nice hostel with great public area though the food and drink prices are high and the food takes long time till it served. Far away from the old city of lijiang but very nice view and by bus you can get everywhere. Don't ask the staff for train ticket !!!! They don't know how to do it.

At first ,thank you for your choice and comments.We feel very delighted that you like the view here .As for the train tickets ,it's very difficult to book tickets on line ,so we want try our best to book tickets for you ,but something unexpected happens ,we can't control that ,and we feel very sorry for that .Hope you understand us and have a good impression to us !

i stayed here for 3nights. i loved it. it was an oasis of calm. i really just wanted to chill myself but it was hard when everyone included you in their discussions. that was not such a bad thing. i loved it here. i asked so many questions and the receptionist helped me out so much. i am in debt to her and her staff for helping me along my travels in china. thank you so much. bedroom was fine and ensuite had a powerful hot shower. recommend a stay here

I cannot recommend this hostel enough! The staff was beyond helpful and friendly, even when I needed to make last minute changes to my plans. Our room was very comfortable, with some of the nicest facilities I've experienced in a while. I'm going to try and go back to Lijiang next January, and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else!

Had a few small problems on arrival, the indicated buses didn't arrive for over an hour. I tried to call the hostel only to find both the numbers were "Not In Service". The staff say they have fixed this, I haven't checked. The dorms are OK, but the 6 bed I was in could have used a table and a chair or two, only there would be nowhere to put them. The four-bed dorms look nice, even have a kettle. The private rooms are very nice, but way over priced 270 rmb is what I paid in Salisbury UK.

• 21st Jul 2014

I thought Panba was one of the best hostels I stayed at throughout my time in China. This hostel is really popular with locals so you may see too many foreigners. Also, it's location away from old town which is a good thing.

Had a very nice stay at Panba. A bit too far from the center (and got confused since there is another Panba hostel located far closer to the Old Town), but actually considering the noise and tumult there until late at night, maybe it was just as well. Shame the weather was rainy, they had an awesome terrace with a superb view on a lake. Bref! I warmly recommend this place.

Thank you very much. Owner is very nice guy. He explainede me how to go to Shuhe village to the last detail. I will come back!! Thanks

I had a very happy stay in Panba! Thanks all the staff there who have been so helpful and friendly. This is the cleanest hostel I have tried in China. If you prefer a quiet and relaxing hostel, Panba locates next to a beautiful reservoir which can definitely satisfy you! But it may be a bit hard to find at night and most nearby bus services stop by 9pm.

Nice place! Thanks so much for your time and pleasure we had to stay at your hotel.

Great place! Felt like home there (: a bit far from the city center, but the lake view is amazing ((:

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Israel

Thank you for your choice and support .Nice to meet you ! And we really hope to see you again .Have a good trip in Lijiang !

Had a great stay in a quiet location outside Lijiang. The staff is very helpful and patient answering all your questions; they can also book tours to and from Lugu Hu, Tiger Leaping Gorge etc. Bathrooms are very modern and clean. Overall very recommendable!

• 1st Jul 2014

Thank you for your choice and support ! Wish you have a good trip in China .

People complain about how far the hostel is from the Old Town, but honestly I enjoyed being as far away as possible from that hellhole. All in all, one of the best hostels I've ever visited---clean, safe, comfortable, convenient, and most importantly, affordable.

Thank you for your choice and support ! Hope you have a good time in our hostel ,and have good trip in Lijiang.

Location was a bit out of the way, about 30-40 min walk to the old town. However they do advertise that this is a hostel away from the touristy area so it's not like they ever pretended to be anything other than that. Room was nice and clean with comfy beds. Staff we're extremely helpful, one lady in particular ( we didn't catch her name) who was on reception spoke very good English and helped book us bus tickets to the tiger leaping gorge, a driver to the train station and other things.

Thank you for your choice and support ! Here have public bus from our hostel to the old town ,and guests can go there on foot .And we are young hostel ,we advocate culture exchange ,love and care of the nature ,simple but quality living and so on .We are away from some touristy .But we can book tickets for you to the TLG and some other travel places. We hope to see you again in the future.

An amazing stay at Panba Lakeside Lodge. The staff were so patient and nice, not to mention incredibly helpful. We were able to leave our bags overnight while we did Tiger Leaping Gorge. The location isn't as close as some other hostels to Lijiang's old town, but would not have passed this hostel up for a more convenient location.

• 12th Jun 2014

Thank you for leaving us a comment , It's our advantage that we are not in the Lijiang Old Town, thank you for your understand . Hope you have a happy time here .Wish to meet here again !

Great hostel especially the lounge area where it is totally cool. Scenery was fantastic!

The stuff here is super nice, helping me with breakfast, transportation, weather, etc. Though the hostel is a little bit far away from the old town, the stuffs there would organize pool games and movies at night. This hostel is worth to go.

Thank you for your choice and support ! Very nice to meet you in our hostel , we hope you can come here when you travel Lijiang next time sincerely.

The dorm room is too cramped and too warm but everything else is just excellent!! Great unblocked view to the lake and Mt. Jade Dragon. Great staff and food. Spacious lounge and terrace with tastefuld decor. Spotlessly clean. Not so close to the town centre but a short taxi ride can take you there.

Thank you for leaving us a review .It's very nice to meet you ! And thank you your choice and support .Hope to see you again in the future.

Slightly out of the way, but I consider this a pro. As a result the hostel is quieter and less crowded, and since the staff aren't so busy they have more time for you. While we're talking about the staff, they are excellent. The receptionist lady was the nicest and most helpful I have ever encountered. In addition to great advice she let us store our bags there while left to do tiger leaping gorge, and let us use the shower after we had checked out. The room was very nice for the price.

• 21st May 2014

Dear hocking,very glad to receive your comments.And thank you for your choice and support ,It's our pleasure to help you ,very nice to meet you and your friend .Hope you have aother chance to travel Lijiang and our hostel .Thank you again!

Panba Lakeside Lodge is a good location for everyone who is a little bit tired of the crowded old town of Lijiang, which is at 30 minutes by foot. With a great view of the Jade dragon snow mountains, this guesthouse is a good solution for people who are searching for more natural spots and activities. The staff is young and very professionnal, they can help you to organize activities such as transportation to Tiger leaping gorge or Jade dragon snow mountains.

Thank you for leaving us a review ! We all glad to meet you .Hope you have a good trip in Lijiang .