House & White Lakeside Lodge Reviews

No.93 Qingxi Village,Old Town District, (Between Lijiang & Shuhe Old Towns), Lijiang, China

LOVED MY STAY!. The common room is one of the best I have seen in China and is really great for relaxing and meeting new people. Staff were ECXELLENT and very helpful. Amazing atmosphere and the rooms were excellent. Mine backed onto a lake and was warm despite being the middle of winter. Absolutely would stay again, can't recommend this place enough.

Best hostel I've stayed at in China, staff very accommodating.

We had an amazing time at this hostel, the staff are super friendly and engaging! Expect biking, hiking, and singing! The common area is a little chilly in the winter but you can always gather around the fire place to share snacks and songs to keep warm. Also, we loved the dogs! We will definitely come back again!

Perfect hostel with great atmosphere, very clean and comfortable! Great view to the lake from the balcony, on the 3 floor can take nice pictures and do yoga! Staff are very kind and very helpful!

What can I say that hasn't already been said. This place is one of my all time favorite hostels. It's better than the town of lijiang. I wanted to spend more time there just relaxing. The beds are the best I've ever had. Staff member Ear was wondrous!

Possibly one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed in. Its has a very chilled and friendly atmosphere with everything that you could need. It is a little bit further away from the old town but you can just take a short bike ride or bus journey to the town. Great location for visiting the towns Shuhe and Baisha by bike. The staff here also make this place fantastic. They are so caring and helpful and i truly enjoyed my stay here! I cant praise it enough!

An amazing hostel with a great atmosphere. The staff are brilliant (thanks to Ear for all your help) and the view of the mountain simply beautiful. Nice and cheap breakfasts and warm rooms. A bit hard to find but there are people around you can ask and the staff at the hostel said they are planning to signpost it better. Good luck :)

Location is not ideal but the hostel provides transportation at a very reasonable cost (10RMB). Staffs are very friendly and accommodating, make sure to ask them about ride sharing with other people to popular destinations, they might just get you a deal you can't turn down!

• 17th Dec 2015

Awesome common area - I went in the off-season but can certainly imagine it being very lively during busy periods. Very friendly and extremely helpful staff - big shout out to Ear who was fantastic in giving advice about Lijiang and the Gorge, as well as being great chat. Bit out of the way but highly recommended - and you get a great view of the reservoir and the Jade Snow Mountains from the rooftop.

This is definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed. I recommend it to everyone who is going to Lijiang. First I have to thank the best staff ever for a very friendly attitude. Amazing atmosphere in the hostel, feels very comfy. Rooms are nice and clean too. Location of the hostel is pretty good too. Not far from it is a bus station where you can take bus to the Lijiang Old Town. Too bad didn't have a chance to stay there longer.. This is a place to come back!

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Latvia

Really friendly and helpful staff. I got my visa extended in Lijiang and the hostel helped with everything. Great home cooked chinese food too!

• 3rd Dec 2015

Very good hostel! 3 meals(buffet) a day for a really good price! Therefore you definitely save money on food!! Wonderful view on the dragon mountain! Definitely the best view I ever had in a hostel! Big common area to stimulate the talking between people!! Thanks

Good, peaceful and modern hostel. We had a good stay and enjoyed the beautiful views of the hostel. Its a quiet place but the old town is within walking distance. Staff is very enthusiastic and they are willing to help!

• 27th Nov 2015

I loved staying at House&White...I speak elementary Chinese and they were beyond accommodating by helping me with travel plans to Leaping Tiger Gorge (2 hours away, but with a bus directly from the hostel) and other sites. House&White's location may be hard to find at first, but it is perfectly located facing the beautiful Jade Mountain, near a scenic hike up the tallest hill overlooking the city, and Black Dragon Pool. Use the free bikes and ride around! Staff is INCREDIBLY helpful, highly rec!

This was one of best hostels I have stayed in whilst in Asia, gorgeous location and great lounge area. The staff were amazing, especially Ear - who was one of nicest people I have ever met + plus he was a man united fan!

I was having some rest after climbing a mountain in another town. At first I was not sure about the location, as it's a bit away from the town, but after seeing the old town (only shops, restaurant and hotels), I was glad I stayed a bit farther way from there. Very good facilities. Great and cozy common area with a view to the mountains. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Ear.

This is a fantastic hostel. It may be a little tricky to get to but once you're there, you definitely won't mind. Cozy, comfortable, relaxed environment with fire pit, some guitars, comfortable sofas, and a porch with a fantastic view of the Jade Dragon Mountain. There are bike rentals (for 2 hours, free!), breakfast, lunch and dinner is available (and tea and coffee are always available for free). The rooms are great, the staff is very friendly and sociable. Perfection!

Beautiful hostel in a great location (outside of craziness of old town but near enough to get there easily). Staff super nice and helpful). It's not really next to a lake but an old reservoir which was a bit dissapointing since I booked the "lakeside room". Stayed in another hostel close to old town but Lakeside was definitely better. Staff help you book tickets and go out of their way to help you enjoy their stay. Don't stay anywhere else in Lijiang! Nice balcony with great views for breakfast!

• The hostel described as lake side lodge, but the lake is dried out and it is a dry swamp. • It is located far outside the city center and it takes about 20-30 minutes by bus to get to the old city center. • During one of the evenings a heavy rain flooded all the rooms in the hostel, our luggage was wet. The stuff didn't tried to dry our room, they gave us towels and we did it by ourselves with bare hands using a garbage can as a bucket. No compensation was given. • Stuff very helpful.

Really nice hostel a little bit outside of lijang but easily to reach by bus number 4. clean and big rooms. cool common area. The stuff was really nice and helpful. fluently English speaking. They organized a minivan for one people from the hostel to go o tiger leaping gorge.