House & White Lakeside Lodge

• No.93 Qingxi Village,Old Town District, (Between Lijiang & Shuhe Old Towns), Lijiang, China

Superb 262 Total Reviews
Superb 262 Total Reviews
House & White Lakeside Lodge Located at No.93 Qingxi Village,Old Town District, (Between Lijiang & Shuhe Old Towns), Lijiang.
China
Lijiang 674100 No.93 Qingxi Village,Old Town District, (Between Lijiang & Shuhe Old Towns)
91% 262
26.8990324 100.2317905
    Rooms available

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
24th Aug 2016

The place is far outside the city, in something like a park. The chinese call this "lake" (I would still define it as a big pond) and the park a recreation area. Quite nice if you want to escape from the crowd and go for a run. While we were there, it was more of a family vacation place than actually a backpacking hostel. Rooms were very nice, bathroom was the best I had while travelling in China. Staff spoke very limited to no english. But they tried their best with translation apps...

5th Jul 2016
7.4

They do not speak any English here. The hostel itself is very nice but it is in a remote location. There are nice views from the common area and the restaurant was good value and decent. They charge you for towel use. I think I will try to switch hostels when I get back to lijiang.

This is a misunderstanding, our staff can speak English, may be you contact our temporary volunteers, Is not our formal employees ,we sincerely apologize to you about this.

22nd Jun 2016

The staff was really helpful! My friends and I enjoyed our stay at Lijiang and staying at this hostel made us want to stay in Lijiang longer. They were warm and welcoming. The rooms were super clean and the view of Jade Snow mountian was beautiful. They had a nespresso machine for great coffee and home- cooked food, Their dogs were really welcoming and cute! My friends and I have a pretty good grasp on Mandarin, so communication wasn't a problem, but their English isn't too good.

Dear friends, Thanks for your high evaluation of our hostel, we are grateful that your discover Lijiang deeper with your own recognition. We did enjoy the time when accompany you with photo shooting and Elephant Mountain hiking as well as Maidou. Hope to see you again in the future. Regards, Xiaohong

• USA, Female, 25-30
6th Jun 2016

The staff and facilities at Lakeside Lodge went above and beyond my expectations from the moment they picked me up at a bus stop near the hostel at no charge. I stayed in the all girls, 4 bed dorm- the beds were comfortable, had plenty of shelf space and, the best part, they have curtains surrounding them to add privacy. Detailed directions, free guides, lunch and dinner buddies, bikes to rent, recommended by friends, conveniently located, beautiful surrounding scenery, I highly recommend them!

Dear friends, Thanks for high evaluation of our hostel. We always recommend guests spend some time in communicating with each other at the lobby public entertainment area. No matter table game playing, billiards contest or exchange travel experience and strategies. We commit ourselves to build a family atmosphere for you to enjoy the friendliness here now and afterwards. Regards, Ben General Manager

19th May 2016

The staff were pretty helpful although not my favorite. The hostel was located in such a pretty place though, so any cons were worth it. They had free bike rentals for 2 hours and cheap for every hour after as well! The rooms were really nice and really allowed for privacy if needed. And the 5 dogs who were there really made the property feel like home!

• Singapore, Female, 41+
18th May 2016

I stayed in white house in 4 bed all female dorm. The view from the dorm was fantastic. White house is located on the outskirts of town but is very near Hua ma jie ( flower horse Road) which is renowned for cheap and delicious Street food and I ate there every day, old town is too expensive. Also the place very clean and modern. I enjoyed most the ladies I met that stayed in the same room. I got a lot of good recommendations for new places to visit and exchange ideas. Fantastic experience.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2016

I've traveled to 35 counties, and I stayed in many hostels. However, this was my favorite hostel so far. Very clean / modern facility, friendly staff, and it has lots of fun goodies including a beautiful yoga room with great view, piano, a nice balcony in front of the lake, and two cute puppies. It is a short bus ride to the center, and it was actually a nice getaway from the busy downtown.

• USA, Female, 25-30
28th Mar 2016

It's a great place but the beds are VERY uncomfortable because they are really hard. I've lived in China awhile and I know a hard bed. Getting there is difficult. It wasn't one stop on bus 16 as it said and the signs weren't clear I used gps. I called for directions And no one (Ear) really speaks English which I think is a big problem since it's an international hostel. I speak some Chinese but wanted to book buses to other places and it was difficult so I gave up and went to another hos