Houseboat Hostel Alternatief Reviews

Dijksgracht 8b, Amsterdam, Netherlands

LOVED! This houseboat...Joanne was really nice and helpful. Boat felt like you were at home not on vacation. Great way to spend my Christmas! It was a nice walk from the rail station and let you see a part of the city you don't normally get to see. Definitely book this houseboat!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at houseboat alternatief. The boat was beautiful and was stoner friendly which was a bonus. 10-15minute walk to the town and 5 minutes from central station. Beside the house boat there was a brilliant bar/café on the canal front which I recommend, that I think is called hannekes boom. It was a very hippy sort of spot. The owner was lovely and very understanding that some people who were meant to be joining us couldn't join us. Many thanks.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Loved our stay, the boat is very central from the train station just a walk along a boardwalk and over a pedestrian bridge. Joanna was such a wonderful hostess and made my 30th birthday weekend in Amsterdam really special. I will be back and hopefully soon!

• 22nd Aug 2014

We stayed here for my friends Hen party and had a brilliant time. Joanne was so welcoming and helpful and the free bikes were a great touch! The price was similar to that of most hostels and although it was a short walk out of town, you have the whole boat to yourself which was great for a hen party. Would highly recommend staying here!

• 1st Aug 2014