Houseboat Waterloo Reviews

Dijksgracht 8a, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Had a fantastic stay here. The owner Joanne was up to welcome us even though we arrived at about 1am- even gave us some bread and other breakfast things so we wouldn't have to go shopping. The boat is roomier than it looks in the photos, and was always warm too (I was worried we'd be freezing). Th views are great- tbh I'd come back for the location alone. So happy we chose this over the hostels. Definitely recommended.

• 4th Apr 2014

I found the place comfortable and clean, and the owner very friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this place to stay.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Joanne was an amazing host. She greeted us when we arrived, helped us with the luggage, even brought a map and gave us some tips where to go and what to do. She was always there if we needed anything and we could also check out any time we wanted. Even when I forgot something there, she offered to send it me by mail. The houseboat is amazing, very cosy and nice atmosphere. Definitely something different than staying at a hotel. I will stay here again next time I come to Amsterdam.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Austria

An all round perfect experience! We were very lucky with the weather so it wasn't remotely cold inside the boat, however the heating did work brilliantly as we used it one morning. The decor was cute and personal and the location was ideal, it isn't too close to the noisier areas so is a very peacful place to be. The lady who owns the boat was an absolute delight too! I'd highly recommend this to people who want somewhere to recline in between their magical Amsterdam adventures!

We absolutely loved it and definitely plan on staying here again! Bottle of wine and juice on our arrival, the beds were super comfy and it was lovely and warm. Opportunity to use bikes as well, will definitely take this offer up next time now we know how to get around the city!

• 13th Feb 2014

pros: Joanne is amazing and really kind. Her houseboat more than her! every comfort and spectacular atmosphere we stayed 2 nights and she rented us 3 bikes for free for 3 days xD staying there (in a private houseboat) + bike = 35€/night per person in Amsterdam city centre, do i have to say anything more? cons: wifi coverage was not excellent

• 18th Jan 2014

It was awsome!!!! Joanne is very handsome and very cool! We were 3 guys and our stay at the boat was great! It's very close to the red district and the centre. We also used bycicles to is cover the city :) and for free!! Very recommended hostel, also for families! Joanne: hope see you soon :)

• 1st Jan 2014