Houseboat Waterloo Reviews

Dijksgracht 8a, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great place to stay in the heart of Amsterdam, would come again any time. Joanne is a great host and made us feel welcome from the beginning. Just remember its a boat not a 5star hotel. It has everything thing you need and the couple of complimentary Heineken's and juice at arrival in the fridge, nice touch!

Joanne!! We really enjoyed our stay! Thank you so much, we had a lekker time! Cheers from Munich, Severine & friends

The owner was very nice and even let us borrow bikes during our stay.

The owners of the houseboat were very friendly and welcoming. They left us with a helpful guide of things to do, and where to eat in Amsterdam. We were also left with a handy map. The houseboat is located ten minutes from centraal station and fifteen minutes from the city centre. It's in a very good location and the houseboat itself was very comfortable for three of us. In all, the trip was amazing and I would recommend to others.

• 11th Jun 2014

- Joanne was very welcoming, friendly, helpful and easy to communicate with. - The houseboat was clean and in a convenient location. It was very close to the main train station. - The bedroom was surprisingly big and there was a nice lounge area which was fun for just sitting and chilling out. - Overall, it met all out met our needs.. It was a little bit challenging getting our luggage on and off the boat but we managed. - Thanks Joanne, we had a lot of fun!

Had a fantastic stay here. The owner Joanne was up to welcome us even though we arrived at about 1am- even gave us some bread and other breakfast things so we wouldn't have to go shopping. The boat is roomier than it looks in the photos, and was always warm too (I was worried we'd be freezing). Th views are great- tbh I'd come back for the location alone. So happy we chose this over the hostels. Definitely recommended.

• 4th Apr 2014

I found the place comfortable and clean, and the owner very friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this place to stay.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Joanne was an amazing host. She greeted us when we arrived, helped us with the luggage, even brought a map and gave us some tips where to go and what to do. She was always there if we needed anything and we could also check out any time we wanted. Even when I forgot something there, she offered to send it me by mail. The houseboat is amazing, very cosy and nice atmosphere. Definitely something different than staying at a hotel. I will stay here again next time I come to Amsterdam.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Austria

An all round perfect experience! We were very lucky with the weather so it wasn't remotely cold inside the boat, however the heating did work brilliantly as we used it one morning. The decor was cute and personal and the location was ideal, it isn't too close to the noisier areas so is a very peacful place to be. The lady who owns the boat was an absolute delight too! I'd highly recommend this to people who want somewhere to recline in between their magical Amsterdam adventures!

We absolutely loved it and definitely plan on staying here again! Bottle of wine and juice on our arrival, the beds were super comfy and it was lovely and warm. Opportunity to use bikes as well, will definitely take this offer up next time now we know how to get around the city!

• 13th Feb 2014