Houston International Hostel Reviews

5302 Crawford St., Texas, Houston, USA

I loved it!

• 4th Aug 2014

This place should be leveled. Dirty, nasty, old, and unsafe. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Hostels I've stayed at before are 5 star hotels comparing with this one. But what do u expect for $17 per night?

strange office hours--Call ahead to be sure someone will be there. Good location and great price. Only big complaint is a fellow guest of the hostel who didn't seem to know about the unspoken rules of staying in a hostel and how to act in such an environment.

There were more people there for long term accommodation than backpackers so was difficult to meet other travelers, and the rooms were air conditioned so much that it was freezing at night. Close to bus stop though which was simple to navigate

• 9th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best decisions I've made for lodging! Most of these categories I can't rate highly enough...polite, helpful staff, amazing (and SAFE!) location, very clean and well maintained facilities. I travel to Houston often, and you can be I will be staying here every time!

• 31st May 2014

Absolutely no security. No keys to the rooms so they are left open 24/7 and the front door until 11pm. No one covers reception from 10am until 5pm, we were shocked by this and very annoyed when we arrived from an overnight train at 1pm and couldn't check in and no staff anywhere. When we came back at 5 the reception staff were very rude. Also there is no sign outside the hostel so just looks like a house so tricky to find.

Awesome hostel. The negatives points is that if you want to use Wi-Fi you have to pay extra and the lockers too. Also there isn't lockers inside the rooms. I recommend you bring a chain and a padlock to look your things in your bed (it's possible). There is a interval that the office works (8-10am and 5-10pm) and you just can do the check in in this hours, but I arrived before 5 and there was someone there that allowed I taken a shower. Staff people are really polite and helpful. I recommend!