Houston International Hostel Reviews

5302 Crawford St., Texas, Houston, USA

This place is an oldschool hostel. There is zero to no security so if that's one of your concerns don't stay here. The staff are fantastic and hard working however, the office hours are from 5pm to 11pm so if you're arriving earlier I wouldn't suggest this place. The location isn't super amazing. It's close to museums but walking anywhere else isn't really an option. This place is cheap and you get what you pay for so if you're a bit of a lush or stickler for cleanliness, best give it a miss.

It was more like a hounted house you should get payed to stay there.... dirty, unfriendly and not an nice atmosphere

• 25th Sep 2015

The staff was incredible, but the hours were a bit inconvenient. The entire hostel could use a scrub down and some minor repairs like fixing the broken shower head in the women's restroom. But overall it's worth the dirt for the price. Also it's a great location near the museum district and within walking distance of a metro that takes you straight into downtown in 10 minutes.

• 7th Sep 2015

The staff was awesome... it's an old house and it smells of one, ha. That is why I gave it an average on facilities. The people were friendly and the showers were nice.

• 3rd Sep 2015

No one was there when we arrived in the afternoon and after half an hour of waiting we left the hostel before returning to evening . The hotel is dirty and run-down , in exchange, the guy behind the desk was very nice and polite . The hostel is to be avoided!!

I got there and the room I reserved was rent it to another person. So I looked for another place to stay.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Booked a private but had to take a shared room as private was being used... shared room was fine for the one night we stayed and we were charged accordingly. Friendly hostel convenient location.

I booked this room for my daughter and myself online, paid the deposit fee, and called hostel to confirm the day before. When we arrived, the woman at the desk told me that they didn't have the room available. I showed her my deposit receipt and she told me they never received any money. I asked her if there was another room with a double bed and she said no. I was very disappointed. I have stayed in hostels all over the country for several years and I have NEVER experienced this problem.

• 19th Jul 2015

We stayed for just one night and when we checked in we were not even given a key to the room. The bathrooms and social areas were dirty and uninviting, the sheets I suppose were clean but stained and so looked dirty. Worst of all, when we needed to check out the next morning, the apparent 'office hours' were between 8 & 10am, but nobody turned up in the office for this entire time. We therefore could not check out properly and had to leave a note in the office explaining we had to leave.

• 9th Jul 2015

Very dirty, damp, no staff for alot of the day, kitchen hasn't been cleaned. Would not advise to stay here.

It was a pleasure.

It was okay. If you are looking for a place just to sleep then you wont have any problems but not for fun. It is located in the museum district, so I think it was a good location. It was a clean hostel. But you feel it is a bit old and rusty. The Staff member is only available at certain times which was weird other than that hostel was kind of left empty, though he was helpful when he was there . People in the hostel were kind of old, no youth at all, but they were kind.

It was amazing! thank you very much for your kindness.

This hostel is excellent for its location in the Museum District and convenience to get downtown. However, the property needs to be cleaned up and cleanliness maintained.