Houston International Hostel Reviews

5302 Crawford St., Texas, Houston, Texas, USA

First of all, I when I went to check in after I booked through this website the people at the desk changed the price. It was only by a $1 or two but they said the hostelworld price was incorrect. Having just driven 17 hours, I was to tired to argue Secondly, there is absolutely no security whatsoever. A person could literally walk right off the street and go straight upstairs to do whatever he or she likes, (steal, take a shower, slit your throat), there is nothing to stop them.

Would be much better if the rooms are cleaner and if lockers are provided.

• 31st Mar 2014

Thank you very much for your constructive criticism! We are happy to have hosted you during your stay in Houston. While the dormitories are cleaned twice daily, we will work harder to make sure your next stay is more comfortable. We do have lockers for hire on or back porch.

Very old place, a few renos wouldn't go astray. Everything inside is just as old as the outside looks. However, in saying that, my room was clean and comfortable and the staff and guests were all friendly. Not a typical hostel like most I have stayed in. Majority of guests were middle aged or older (some very old people). But being close to TMC I suspect they were having treatment there. It's what you expect for $15/night

• 7th Mar 2014

Thank you very much for your constructive criticism. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! We are proud to host many people from many different walks of life, and we encourage travel enthusiasts of any age to join us, whether they are taking in the sights of the city, just dropping in for the night or even getting medical treatment.

the bathrooms could be cleaned better

While the bathrooms do get a clean up twice each day, we do appreciate your constructive criticism and will do better to make sure your next stay with us is a lot better! Thank you for staying with us at the Houston International Hostel, we hope to see you again in the future!

Nice People, nice place very charming, evrything enjoyable the only restriction is the cleanliness, I was bitten by fleas each time I slept there.

• 21st Dec 2013

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! While we clean twice daily and throughout the night, we will work harder to make sure your stay is more comfortable. While we are sorry that you had an incident at the Hostel, we do perform daily inspection for fleas and other pests. We hope your next stay with us is even more enjoyable!