Houston International Hostel Reviews

5302 Crawford St., Texas, Houston, USA

Dirty. Windowsills, floors, carpet, just looks run down. I almost fell down the stairs because the boards were breaking under the carpet. Shower head holder was broken- you have to hold the sprayer while showering. Made me think of a 70's flop that was never kept up. The staff was friendly! =)

• 29th Dec 2015

I don't why there are so many bad reviews, I had a great time here. Chris and Elena ( I can't remember her name exactly, I'm sorry if I got it wrong) who work at here have been very nice to me, and people who lived here are very friendly, I've made some friends. This hostel maybe a little old but I like this place. And the location is really good, you couldn't ask for more at this price.

Great location for museum district

No atmosphere and very dirty. Shower was filthy. Very disappointing.

The best thing about this hostel, besides price , is its location. It's walking distance to the best part of Houston, the museum district, next to Hermann Park, with easy access to bus and light rail. The facility is bare bones, offering no amenities. It begs for an infusion of cash. With needed upgrades, it would be Houston's best hostel, again, due to its prime location in a quiet neighborhood.

• 13th Nov 2015

I arrive to this place. But when I got in the cleanliness of the place made me go immediately , I lost the deposits and don't regret. Sorry to be this harsh but you may consider charge more and have more hygiene

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Mexico

The dirtiest most ran down dump I've ever stayed in. Everything was disgusting. I was worried about my health when using the bathroom. Do NOT go there!

• 17th Oct 2015

This place is an oldschool hostel. There is zero to no security so if that's one of your concerns don't stay here. The staff are fantastic and hard working however, the office hours are from 5pm to 11pm so if you're arriving earlier I wouldn't suggest this place. The location isn't super amazing. It's close to museums but walking anywhere else isn't really an option. This place is cheap and you get what you pay for so if you're a bit of a lush or stickler for cleanliness, best give it a miss.

It was more like a hounted house you should get payed to stay there.... dirty, unfriendly and not an nice atmosphere

• 25th Sep 2015

I stayed just one night in the hostel and had bed bug bites all over my body and cancelled the whole USA trip and returend home and went to dermatology. I stayed a lot of hostels but have never had such dirty hostel ever. the staff was friendly and helpful but the location and the hygiene issue was too big. I usually give over 90% positive feedbacks to all accomodations I stay for their next cumstomers but I am sorry, this hostel... I NEVER recommand this one to anyone. sorry

The staff was incredible, but the hours were a bit inconvenient. The entire hostel could use a scrub down and some minor repairs like fixing the broken shower head in the women's restroom. But overall it's worth the dirt for the price. Also it's a great location near the museum district and within walking distance of a metro that takes you straight into downtown in 10 minutes.

• 7th Sep 2015

The staff was awesome... it's an old house and it smells of one, ha. That is why I gave it an average on facilities. The people were friendly and the showers were nice.

• 3rd Sep 2015

No one was there when we arrived in the afternoon and after half an hour of waiting we left the hostel before returning to evening . The hotel is dirty and run-down , in exchange, the guy behind the desk was very nice and polite . The hostel is to be avoided!!