Houston International Hostel Reviews

5302 Crawford St., Texas, Houston, USA

We stayed for just one night and when we checked in we were not even given a key to the room. The bathrooms and social areas were dirty and uninviting, the sheets I suppose were clean but stained and so looked dirty. Worst of all, when we needed to check out the next morning, the apparent 'office hours' were between 8 & 10am, but nobody turned up in the office for this entire time. We therefore could not check out properly and had to leave a note in the office explaining we had to leave.

• 9th Jul 2015

Very dirty, damp, no staff for alot of the day, kitchen hasn't been cleaned. Would not advise to stay here.

It was a pleasure.

It was okay. If you are looking for a place just to sleep then you wont have any problems but not for fun. It is located in the museum district, so I think it was a good location. It was a clean hostel. But you feel it is a bit old and rusty. The Staff member is only available at certain times which was weird other than that hostel was kind of left empty, though he was helpful when he was there . People in the hostel were kind of old, no youth at all, but they were kind.

It was amazing! thank you very much for your kindness.

This hostel is excellent for its location in the Museum District and convenience to get downtown. However, the property needs to be cleaned up and cleanliness maintained.

Rooms are too smalls, getting on the upper bunk bed was a pain with such congested rooms. No wifi was a shocker. The lady at the reception is nice but she is the only person managing the whole hostel.

Been in tens Hostels in my life, this is the one that I won't recommend. Cleanliness is something I appreciate when travelling, even in hostels. I understand the 'hostel' concept, easy, fringeless, but this was way too much. Carpet was filthy, dust everywhere. I did not use the kitchen at all....... I stayed for two nights, just the time to rest and left.

I stayed three nights here. It's a great place for budget traveller/backpacker. It's an old house, its right in the museum district. And three blocks away from the light rail, which takes you to downtown/bus terminal etc. Bed is really nice and clean. Kitchen is so good. You can do laundry. Nice porch where you can sit down for a cuppa or play your guitar in the evenings. The staff are super nice and lovely. I loved it.

It is quite easy to go anywhere from this hostel. Very satisfied with all.