Houston International Hostel Reviews

5302 Crawford St., Texas, Houston, USA

This hostel is excellent for its location in the Museum District and convenience to get downtown. However, the property needs to be cleaned up and cleanliness maintained.

Rooms are too smalls, getting on the upper bunk bed was a pain with such congested rooms. No wifi was a shocker. The lady at the reception is nice but she is the only person managing the whole hostel.

Been in tens Hostels in my life, this is the one that I won't recommend. Cleanliness is something I appreciate when travelling, even in hostels. I understand the 'hostel' concept, easy, fringeless, but this was way too much. Carpet was filthy, dust everywhere. I did not use the kitchen at all....... I stayed for two nights, just the time to rest and left.

I stayed three nights here. It's a great place for budget traveller/backpacker. It's an old house, its right in the museum district. And three blocks away from the light rail, which takes you to downtown/bus terminal etc. Bed is really nice and clean. Kitchen is so good. You can do laundry. Nice porch where you can sit down for a cuppa or play your guitar in the evenings. The staff are super nice and lovely. I loved it.

It is quite easy to go anywhere from this hostel. Very satisfied with all.

Location close to museum areas. Closebto a very nice park. The hostel is nice, but the reception is not 24 hours, so be aware of that. Also, i could not connect to the internet, i dont know why

Good location but that's it. Terrible hostel, more like a stop shop for homeless Americans. No security, awful hygiene / cleanliness and antiquated facilities. You have to pay extra for WiFi, door shuts at 11pm (not a 24hr hostel) the place is a shambles.

I'm reluctant to leave negative reviews, but i honestly did not enjoy my stay here. The hostel is run-down, front door barely latches, office hours are bizzare, internet wasn't possible, most of house was in disrepair and felt unclean, people were yelling at each other for stealing each other's stuff during the night, my mattress was wrapped in plastic. On the upside, the staff were super friendly and location good.

This place has BED BUGS. Avoid!

• 1st Jan 2015

I loved it!

• 4th Aug 2014

Not the most welcoming places and pretty run down, with out dated facilities and decoration. As I arrived in the late afternoon the only person on staff was still cleaning up after the previous guests. One person working the desk and cleaning as well doesn't usually amount to great service. This was a last minute booking, and seeing as there are only two hostels in town, you get whats there, so i'll say this...book early in Houston. This one is not the one you want to stay in.

This place should be leveled. Dirty, nasty, old, and unsafe. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Hostels I've stayed at before are 5 star hotels comparing with this one. But what do u expect for $17 per night?

strange office hours--Call ahead to be sure someone will be there. Good location and great price. Only big complaint is a fellow guest of the hostel who didn't seem to know about the unspoken rules of staying in a hostel and how to act in such an environment.

There were more people there for long term accommodation than backpackers so was difficult to meet other travelers, and the rooms were air conditioned so much that it was freezing at night. Close to bus stop though which was simple to navigate

• 9th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best decisions I've made for lodging! Most of these categories I can't rate highly enough...polite, helpful staff, amazing (and SAFE!) location, very clean and well maintained facilities. I travel to Houston often, and you can be I will be staying here every time!

• 31st May 2014

Absolutely no security. No keys to the rooms so they are left open 24/7 and the front door until 11pm. No one covers reception from 10am until 5pm, we were shocked by this and very annoyed when we arrived from an overnight train at 1pm and couldn't check in and no staff anywhere. When we came back at 5 the reception staff were very rude. Also there is no sign outside the hostel so just looks like a house so tricky to find.

Awesome hostel. The negatives points is that if you want to use Wi-Fi you have to pay extra and the lockers too. Also there isn't lockers inside the rooms. I recommend you bring a chain and a padlock to look your things in your bed (it's possible). There is a interval that the office works (8-10am and 5-10pm) and you just can do the check in in this hours, but I arrived before 5 and there was someone there that allowed I taken a shower. Staff people are really polite and helpful. I recommend!

First of all, I when I went to check in after I booked through this website the people at the desk changed the price. It was only by a $1 or two but they said the hostelworld price was incorrect. Having just driven 17 hours, I was to tired to argue Secondly, there is absolutely no security whatsoever. A person could literally walk right off the street and go straight upstairs to do whatever he or she likes, (steal, take a shower, slit your throat), there is nothing to stop them.

Would be much better if the rooms are cleaner and if lockers are provided.

Thank you very much for your constructive criticism! We are happy to have hosted you during your stay in Houston. While the dormitories are cleaned twice daily, we will work harder to make sure your next stay is more comfortable. We do have lockers for hire on or back porch.

Very old place, a few renos wouldn't go astray. Everything inside is just as old as the outside looks. However, in saying that, my room was clean and comfortable and the staff and guests were all friendly. Not a typical hostel like most I have stayed in. Majority of guests were middle aged or older (some very old people). But being close to TMC I suspect they were having treatment there. It's what you expect for $15/night

• 7th Mar 2014

Thank you very much for your constructive criticism. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! We are proud to host many people from many different walks of life, and we encourage travel enthusiasts of any age to join us, whether they are taking in the sights of the city, just dropping in for the night or even getting medical treatment.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7