Houston International Hostel Reviews

5302 Crawford St., Texas, Houston, USA

I got there and the room I reserved was rent it to another person. So I looked for another place to stay.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Puerto Rico

I booked this room for my daughter and myself online, paid the deposit fee, and called hostel to confirm the day before. When we arrived, the woman at the desk told me that they didn't have the room available. I showed her my deposit receipt and she told me they never received any money. I asked her if there was another room with a double bed and she said no. I was very disappointed. I have stayed in hostels all over the country for several years and I have NEVER experienced this problem.

• 19th Jul 2015

We stayed for just one night and when we checked in we were not even given a key to the room. The bathrooms and social areas were dirty and uninviting, the sheets I suppose were clean but stained and so looked dirty. Worst of all, when we needed to check out the next morning, the apparent 'office hours' were between 8 & 10am, but nobody turned up in the office for this entire time. We therefore could not check out properly and had to leave a note in the office explaining we had to leave.

• 9th Jul 2015

Very dirty, damp, no staff for alot of the day, kitchen hasn't been cleaned. Would not advise to stay here.

It was a pleasure.

It was okay. If you are looking for a place just to sleep then you wont have any problems but not for fun. It is located in the museum district, so I think it was a good location. It was a clean hostel. But you feel it is a bit old and rusty. The Staff member is only available at certain times which was weird other than that hostel was kind of left empty, though he was helpful when he was there . People in the hostel were kind of old, no youth at all, but they were kind.

It was amazing! thank you very much for your kindness.

This hostel is excellent for its location in the Museum District and convenience to get downtown. However, the property needs to be cleaned up and cleanliness maintained.

Rooms are too smalls, getting on the upper bunk bed was a pain with such congested rooms. No wifi was a shocker. The lady at the reception is nice but she is the only person managing the whole hostel.

Been in tens Hostels in my life, this is the one that I won't recommend. Cleanliness is something I appreciate when travelling, even in hostels. I understand the 'hostel' concept, easy, fringeless, but this was way too much. Carpet was filthy, dust everywhere. I did not use the kitchen at all....... I stayed for two nights, just the time to rest and left.

I stayed three nights here. It's a great place for budget traveller/backpacker. It's an old house, its right in the museum district. And three blocks away from the light rail, which takes you to downtown/bus terminal etc. Bed is really nice and clean. Kitchen is so good. You can do laundry. Nice porch where you can sit down for a cuppa or play your guitar in the evenings. The staff are super nice and lovely. I loved it.

It is quite easy to go anywhere from this hostel. Very satisfied with all.

Location close to museum areas. Closebto a very nice park. The hostel is nice, but the reception is not 24 hours, so be aware of that. Also, i could not connect to the internet, i dont know why

Good location but that's it. Terrible hostel, more like a stop shop for homeless Americans. No security, awful hygiene / cleanliness and antiquated facilities. You have to pay extra for WiFi, door shuts at 11pm (not a 24hr hostel) the place is a shambles.

I'm reluctant to leave negative reviews, but i honestly did not enjoy my stay here. The hostel is run-down, front door barely latches, office hours are bizzare, internet wasn't possible, most of house was in disrepair and felt unclean, people were yelling at each other for stealing each other's stuff during the night, my mattress was wrapped in plastic. On the upside, the staff were super friendly and location good.

This place has BED BUGS. Avoid!

• 1st Jan 2015

I loved it!

• 4th Aug 2014

Not the most welcoming places and pretty run down, with out dated facilities and decoration. As I arrived in the late afternoon the only person on staff was still cleaning up after the previous guests. One person working the desk and cleaning as well doesn't usually amount to great service. This was a last minute booking, and seeing as there are only two hostels in town, you get whats there, so i'll say this...book early in Houston. This one is not the one you want to stay in.

This place should be leveled. Dirty, nasty, old, and unsafe. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Hostels I've stayed at before are 5 star hotels comparing with this one. But what do u expect for $17 per night?

strange office hours--Call ahead to be sure someone will be there. Good location and great price. Only big complaint is a fellow guest of the hostel who didn't seem to know about the unspoken rules of staying in a hostel and how to act in such an environment.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7