How Flowers Hostel Reviews

6 Shangzhi Lane, Block 2, South Zhongshan Road, Guilin, China

No-one on a budget could seriously complain about this hostel ... great value for money, friendly,helpful staff, one hour to Yangshuo, & 5 minutes to railway station and bus stop. Pool table, and cheap cold beer .... hard to take for this Ozzie ! A little difficult to find for first timers ....not well sign posted .. Poor timing for my visit .... Still too hot .... especially for climbing mountains, so not many foreigners at present. ( but nice and quiet at night )

• 18th Aug 2015

VIOLENT: There is NO "cafe/mini supermarket"(although there will be posters when you walk in saying they provide food-they dont)The location is horrible, even the hostel has a sign saying be careful of crime outside! But I would also be careful of crime inside,violent staff, one boy pulled a knife on us, shouting! As we tried to explain about the posters offering food...We left due to personal safety, for proof of picture email george@twsigns.co.uk (We recommend staying in Green Forest Hostel)

Good location, next to the train station. If u jsut need to skip one or two days because u want to go Longsheng or Yangshuo, this is the hostel to go to.

I would highly recommend the How Flowers Hostel. From the location to the staff, I was thoroughly impressed. I especially want to stress how helpful and understanding the staff was. Although they don't speak much English, they explained slowly where I should go, what they recommend, tours offered through the hostel and how to get to each destination if we didn't want to go with the tour.

This is the most disgusting hostel I have seen in my 6 years of travelling and guiding people around China. Mice, dirt, stink, a worm in one of the bedrooms (we books 3 double rooms) dirty black walls, leaking ceiling, dirty bed sheets, broken windows and locks, no towels (you can ask for them, but there isn't enough plus they smell) Needless to say there was garbage under the beds and in the hall, kind'a like homeless people's home. Staff is OK, but this place needs to close down. Don't book.