@Hua Lamphong Reviews

326/1 Rama IV Road, Mahaphruttharam, Bangrak, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

good hostel if you're arriving and leaving by train and you're only staying for one or two nights. if this is not applicable to you, there are beter places elsewhere. however, @hua lampong is comfortable, clean and the facilities are fine.

I arrived in the late evening I was checked in swiftly. My room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. I wished the hot water could of been hotter but it wasn't a deal breaker. I enjoy the central locAtion more than anything.

Hostel was in a better condition then the majority of hotels i stayed in which were dbl/triple the price to stay. Only gave good for location as not much to do around this area for eating/drinking, however fantastic for the station:)

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Wales

The WiFi is really poor here no matter whether you're in your room or down in the reception area. location is great for the station but you pay a premium for it. cheap place to store your bags if you're going up north or on a visa run and don't want to take all your stuff, but there are cheaper hostel just a little further away from the station.

It was convenient for an emergency crash point but I don't think it would be the sort of long term environment you'd want to chill in. A little noisy but that's no problem, quite quiet in terms of the people that walk in and out but it's right opposite the train station which is massive plus when Bangkok starts looking like it wants to eat you.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Great location near the train station and directly in front of the MRT line entrance very handy if you want to avoid the taxi and tuk tuk drivers. Great cafe inside with very good food all reasonably priced. We popped back after a trip to chiang mai to have breakfast and freshen up. Staff are friendly and accommodating.

Great hostel with great location near the train station - very convenient. Bathrooms were hot and muggy, but the rooms were just fine. Great sitting areas, free movie rentals, A/C, and great environment.

We only stayed here for 2 nights as it was near the train station. Not the best of areas but the hostel itself was perfect. Right next to train station, 711 and a tuk tuk ride away from koh San road. Would stay here again.

Nice and clean hostel with nice rooms. A little unsocial.

Amazing staff and great location (easy to get to/from airport on public transportation). I only stayed one night but would stay there again.

This was my 2nd stay here. I stayed in the dorm. It was clean and quiet, no problems, and I made my train the next day. I like this place as an easy overnight right next to the train station, and its a good launching point for exploring the city via public transit.

I stayed for one night before checking out and going somewhere with a bit more atmosphere. This would be a good place to crash if you are coming into Bangkok by rail and just wanted somewhere nearby to stay for a night or two. I wouldn't recommend this place if you are coming to Bangkok for more than 2 nights. My room was clean enough but I saw several cockroaches running about.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Indifferent staff who are not particularly helpful and couldn't really care less about your well-being. Good for a nights stay... else, it would be better to park yourself elsewhere. Not a particularly friendly place, just clinical. Takes a while to travel to the centre... But great for departing/coming from the airport. Ask the staff any question and you go away feeling like you're better off not asking for any help.

This place is in a fantastic location. Its just outside the mrt and main train station. Its a perfect stop for a night before an early train out of the city.

What a nice place, great dorms, stay here if your getting the train anywhere perfect for location for that, nice food across from train station, great Phad Thai, 5 days later we asked to keep are bags for 6 hours there even though we weren't staying there, they said "yes no problem" for 20bht which was so cheap compared to any other storage places, nice place, nice people.

I would recommend Hua Lamphong to any and everybody.

Exploring Bangkok in a budget, clean and safe place to stay, perfect location.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Slovakia

Wonderful place to stay - very close to great food at the Chinese Market.

Overall the room is clean. But, during my stay, I saw small cockroach in my room for both nights I stayed.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

For Thai conditions it's a bit costly, but it has perfect location and is simply nice place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3