@Hua Lamphong Reviews

326/1 Rama IV Road, Mahaphruttharam, Bangrak, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

It was overall good. The only thing I didn't like was the night staff member who saw me wobble in on a sprained foot and when I asked for help, he just threw my bag into the lift instead of actually showing me to my room and helping. The other staff, however, were very nice and extremely helpful in getting me an extra night in a dorm room that I could afford. They had a clean kitchen and were able to accommodate my food allergy. That was very important. They also had helpful travel tips.

Feels more like a hotel. We stayed here for one night, as a last minute booking (missed a flight to Mandalay). The reception looks really nice and new, the rooms are a little older. Overall was a good experience.

Good hostel, helpful staff and great location. Very close to Hua Lamphong Railway Station so it is ideal if you plan to travel elsewhere in Thailand by train. Many cheap foodstalls nearby.

Great location especially for our group of 4 using train services for our visits to Chiangmai & Hatyai. However, hostel's Wifi was weak and only worked at the ground floor reception area - so you have to bear with the inconvenience !

Wifi was down for 2 of 3 days. The room was not as advertised and had filthy grime buildup on walls, obviously had only refurbished half of the rooms and used the photos from that. Bedrooms stank of plumbing (think cabbage farts) and although the 99% of staff were friendly there was one older lady that was consistently rude and passive agressive our whole stay. Location good if you are planning on using the railway. Will store your bags in a locked room for 20 baht per bag after check out

Clean and in an easy access location for both the Metro and the train station. Would highly recommend if you are like us and had just a few too many hours to kill between a train and a plane and needed someplace to get a hot shower and some AC. The common room atmosphere is very nice as well.

Enjoyed our stay. Staff were nice and everywhere was clean. Well done

• 14th Jan 2016

The little food stand has the best smoothies! free dvd rentals. Really cool common room.

I chose this location since I am new to Bangkok and needed to take the train the next day. The room and bed was okay. The only negative thing worth noting was the bathroom could have been better maintained; there were bugs crawling down the shower walls.

Hostel was more like hotel with a lovely big room. The interior is modern and seems like it has recently been renovated. In an ideal location for the train station across the road. Would stay here again!

Good place if you are looking for something close to the train station. Some nice wifi cafes across the street. Directly behind the hualamphong mrt station which gives great access to train station and other public transit. Staff friendly and accomodating. Good food.

Basically this place is a hotel but some of the rooms seem dormitories. Location is perfect. However even many people stay on the ground floor until night train time and most of them need to let their luggages in hotel, as the place don't have storage for that so everyone put their stuff at the corner of lobby.

Good location, right near train station. Staff was somewhat friendly, but not very helpful. Far from Khao San road, and taxis were looking to overcharge. Good for a one night stay when first arriving in Bangkok.

Very nice hostel in a great location. The staff was kind enough to let us check in at 9:30 am after a long flight and bum around for a few hours before our train the following day in the common room. The smoothies are excellent at the resto! Beds are rock hard though and the staff is not the most forthcoming or helpful when it comes to information/recommendations about Bangkok. Would definitely stay there again!

• 28th Nov 2015

The only reason you might stay there if you have an early morning train to catch but not even then. The little dodgy things that put me off. SA 10% service charge at their bar on everything. What for?! The guy opens a bottle of beer (85 baht+sc), same with the coffee, also 93 baht. More expensive than in Sydney. No wonder no one hangs out at the hostel. No atmosphere. At least they emptied the ashtray, but not. They charge you to store your bag there for few hours, not in a nice place either

The staff at night when we arrived was a lil rude. Overall it was a very good stay, we needed to be near the train station so it was a good option!

I had a dormitory room with shared bathroom. I don't mind sharing bathrooms, but I don't think men and women should be able to meet inside the faculties when there are showers and toilets together--for privacy and protection of intimacy. In addition, there was no hook inside the shower to hang clothes or towel to for after the shower. Although there is a rack. It's positioning is far too high for someone who is short as myself--5 ft. Tall/ 155 cm.

• 14th Oct 2015

Great location for the railway station and not far from china town. Lovely cafe selling quality food. Reception staff most helpful. Very clean. Highly recommended.

it is just outside Hua Lamphong MRT exit and you can use the MRT exits to go to the Hua Lamphong Railway Station. it is also near Chinatown.

I stayed here two nights before getting on an overnight train. Great location next to train station. Quite quiet but this was nice. Good food down in the cafe and friendly staff.