@Hua Lamphong Reviews

326/1 Rama IV Road, Mahaphruttharam, Bangrak, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

The good thing about the hostel is that it is very close to the metro station and the train station. The room was exceptionally basic for the price we paid.

Not so closed to the city center but really comfortable and convenient place if you have to take a train early in the morning.

Really friendly and helpful staff, thanks to them we used the public bus for 7B pp and usage to see all the sights in Bangkok. They also explained in detail how to book the bus to Sukhothai over the internet (you will have to print the ticket confirmation for 15B) but it all went smooth. We were in a 6 dorm for 350B pp. The facilities are good an clean and there are huge lockers. Restaurant is OK but street food is as well and a lot cheaper. The atmosphere as a whole is a bit cool but OK.

Lovely staff, the best welcome we got during our whole stay in Thailand ! The hotel is fine for the price asked, restaurant downstairs when you don't feel like eating out, right outside the metro and train station. We stayed there with our baby girl we were very well cared for ! We will definitely stay again if we go back to Bangkok !

• 29th Jul 2014

This is the most convenient location for the train station. Also the MRT entrance is just a few steps from the door. Wi-Fi was remarkably poor even by the standards of south east Asia but would I still stay here again for 1 night next time I have an early train departure or late arrival.

Good location if you´re looking something near the train station, but there are more options better than this one and cheaper.

Close to train station and public transport links. Free secure bag storage for paying guests arriving before check in time would be an improvement. Clean and comfortable dorm room with no street noise.

We stayed at this hostel for its close proximity to the train station as we had an early morning train to catch. VERY close. Also walking distance to China Town for yummy food. Stayed in a private double room with bathroom. Clean, cheap

Best thing about this dump is that it was close to the train station and it had aircon. No vibe no nothing

Just right in front of hua lamphong mrt station, walking distance to chinatown and pier to some of the most amazing temples in bangkok. What more could i ask for? Definitely a great place to stay. Not to mention the helpful front desk staffs.

The hotel was very dirty, and the room looked nothing like the room in the picture.

good location to explore BKK...next to train station Hua Lamphong. Very helpful staff.

• 24th Jun 2014

Staff was excellent. Always answered questions in a friendly manner. Room was large with windows. Highly recommend and will stay there again.

Hostel is lovely and clean, and they make your bed/clean your sheets. I stayed in a dorm & a private room. Dorm came with an ensuite and lockers in the room which was nice. Preferred the private room as it was a bit more like a hotel, you have a TV, fridge with free water and they clean your room for you when you want. Staff were knowlegeful and gave me maps and bus routes to get to my destinations. Would definitely stay with them again if I go back to Bangkok.

Right next to the station, and quite central, it was a good base in Bangkok. The staff were friendly and the room was secure. It reminded me of a Travelodge type place, so good for backpackers trying to stay cheap and safe, but not so good for those who want luxury!

Helpful staff, clean place, good showers/toilets, clean dorm! There are probably nicer areas in Bangkok, but the location is very convenient - next to an MRT station and with the train station across the road.

Nice hostel, nice beds, good location, but not good for meeting other travelers, no common area or atmosphere. If you're looking for a good bed close to the trainstation then its perfect!

They were very helpful and kind. I will be staying there again in July.

• 1st Jun 2014

This hostel has potential to very nice, sadly its mainly the staff that let it down. On every occassion that I required assistance the staff were too busy watching the TV to notice me. They gave the impression that I was interrupting them which I found very rude. On check in, my money was taken, and I was given a key.No information, not even pointed in the direction of my room. I stayed in a private room which was infested with ants that bit me, and was told I couldn't move room. Don't recommend

We apologized to what we did to you and we will fix all the problems you comment.

Not the place to go if you're looking to party thats obviously Kho San Rd. BUT great location for: exploring Chinatown, getting to the airport and obviously the train station. Clean room and large en-suite with two showers and toilets for a 6 person dorm was an exception on our travels. Their daily baggage storage facility in secure room for 20 THB was greatly appreciated when we were in Bangkok for 12 hrs between sleeper trains.