@Hua Lamphong Reviews

326/1 Rama IV Road, Mahaphruttharam, Bangrak, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

The hostel was under construction and as such the main lobby area was a little dirty and disorganized. The room however was well maintained and clean. Staff were very good and even agreed to a wake-up call when I lost my alarm. Appreciated this extra effort to make my stay enjoyable. Excellent location for those trying to catch an early morning train!

Great Location and remarkably clean place. 2 toilets and 2 showers in the 6-bed dorms - that's luxury! Staff was friendly and helpful.

Location is good and,mid arriving or leaving from the train station, absolutely excellent. I have booked for two more visits

Great for an early morning train departure, not so for an early morning arrival. I got in at 0530, and could not check in until 1300. That's a lot of time to kill when you have just come off an over-night train and don't want to book the room for two nights.

The staff was very helpful. The hotel was near the metro and bus station. The wifi was ok. It was a really value for money hostel. My only observation is that the sink of the bathroom was out of the bathroom, in the room, this was a little odd.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Greece

Great place to stay for one night near the train station, but that is it. Good conditions.

a good hostel before getting the train to Cambodia, very close to the train station, clean and comfortable.

Only thing I could really fault if I was going to fault anything was the wifi but that's hardly an issue on the grand scheme of things

Great location, literally opposite the train station so great for early/late trains etc. Rooms are fine, the dorm had it's own showers and bathrooms. Staff aren't the friendliest though- pretty rude and act as if every question is putting them out. Fine for short stays and for journeys etc but there are much better places if you sticking in Bangkok for a while.

Clean, helpful staff, and great location for metro and train stations!

Good quiet hostel right opposite the main train station. Huge lockers and comfy beds. Good after a long flight/train journey

Friendly staff, close to Train Station, Nixe rooms

Room was tiny but very clean and had everything you would want. 200 channels on tv, but only 2 in English. If they want those customers, should add more channels in English. Great staff. Breakfast is slow but good. Excellent elevator. Will stay here again.

Stayed here for three nights after a long and tedious flight. Late check-in went smooth as there was 24 hour reception. We had a private room with two single beds and ensuite bathroom. Room was nice and spacious enough with functioning air conditioning. The food at the restaurant was delicious so you don't have to venture out far to find good Thai or western food. Location is the biggest bonus, as the metro is twenty metres out the front door, and the trainstation is a two minute walk away.

Exellent service by restaurant/coffeshop staff +++++

Really good hotel. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. The location is good. Train station is just seconds away! I enjoyed staying there.

Ideal location...seconds from the MRT and just a short 10-15 minute walk from the river to take the boat.

• 27th Dec 2014

I stayed for one night and it was perfect for what I needed...close to the meeting point for a tour I was joining and right next to the mrt. Hot showers with decent pressure, wifi was decent and the place was clean and comfortable. I was in a dorm room and the locker provided was massive (could fit my whole pack). Would happily stay there again.

This was my first trip to Bangkok and my first hostel stay. I absolutely loved it. From the service, the proximity of the subway, to the in-house restaurant was wonderful. My daughter and I enjoyed our first mommy/daughter international vacation.

• 19th Dec 2014

Very functional place. Location is key to its success.

• 19th Dec 2014