Hualien 11 Reviews

No.54, Guofu 13 St., Hualien, Taiwan

The hostel is close to eateries and the evening fruits markets!!! so we can to samples lots of fruits. It isn't very close to the night market but still you can walk there. Lisa is very hospitable and loves to make us feel comfortable and at home. we stayed in a double bed level 4 unit. Pleasant and quiet.

Kitschy decor in our bedroom but the bed was SO comfortable, like a big white fluffy cloud that I would never have gotten out of if not for the allure of the magnificent Taroko Gorge. Lisa was such a warm and wonderful host. Easy walk from the train station and to the night markets and supermarkets/convenience stores, overall a great base to stay in for a short trip in Hualien.

Lisa was definitely an awesome host. She was good at building strong rapport with her guests and displayed concerns over her guest's doubts initiatively. Her positive and caring attitude towards us, caused us to not want to depart. She was by far the most hospitable person we met in Taiwan. She even treated us to a barbeque meal on the second night stay at her place. With her positive and cheerful attitude towards guests, it is highly recommended to stay at her place again a second time.

The accommodations are great; everything is clean, cozy, and roomy. As for the owner, Lisa is an absolutely amazing hostess. I could not thank her enough for everything she did for us. I can't imagine a better place to stay anywhere, especially not in Hualien.

• 11th Mar 2015

Lisa was super friendly and welcoming. She even gave us some fruit and snacks! We booked our day trip to Taroko Gorge through her and she prep'ed ponchos + slippers + snacks for the trip for me and my wife. That really went the extra mile. Everyone was hungry on the bus ride back but not us! :) Her hostel was clean and very homey. We were very happy with our stay and highly recommend it. (You can go to the visitor center to call her for pick up).

Excellent! Lisa was very kind and welcoming!

Lisa is very kind! We really enjoyed our stay at Hualien 11, the room was really big very comfortable bed! Thank you Lisa!

This is the second time I've stayed at Hualien11. Lisa the owner is by far the most hospitable person I've ever met. She will happily set up tours to the Taroko Gorge and recommend other attractions in the area. This place far exceeds all expectations and in comparison with all other places I've stayed through hostel world. Each room has been personally decorated by herself and the beds are super comfy. I'm not one who usually reviews but Hualien 11 deserves an excellent one.

• 23rd Dec 2014

great hostel, great host

This hostel was a great place to stay at. The hostel owner Lisa was very friendly and accommodating. She helped us book a tour to Taroko gorge and had many other suggestions of what we could do with our time in Hualien. She also cooked us a delicious Taiwanese meal at night and loves to stay up and chat to her guests. The room we stayed in was clean and spacious and beautifully decorated and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Thank you Lisa for a wonderful place to stay in Hualien.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

We had such a good time at this hostel. Our host was friendly and welcoming. She even gave us some fruit and beer! Her hostel was clean and very homey. We were very happy with our stay. When I'm back in Hualien I'm staying there again!

• 9th Dec 2014