Huangshan Cozy International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 13 Qiyun Road, Tunxi District, Huangshan, China

The Rooms are amazing considering it is a hostel But what was the most impressive is the service! Staff are sweetest person, and are extremly helpful. I really do recommend that place.

• 2nd May 2015

Thanks for you good comments, we really appreciate it. Wish you a good journey in China and welcome to Huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

friendly staff, offer shuttle booking service

• 1st May 2015
  • Taiwan

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Huangshan Cozy International Youth Hostel. Reception was super helpful with information about how to get around Tunxi, to Huangshan, booking my bus ticket home and offering a bagged lunch option. The only minor compliant I have is miscommunication about the bus ticket/ride home. If you purchase a ride home from the hostel it is NOT with the same bus company you came to Tunxi with, therefore make sure you have the correct pick-up location/time and contact number.

thanks for your review, we really appreciate it. i do think we have some misunderstanding with each other. we told you that the bus is not leaving from tunxi, it would be in tangkou because you didn't have enough time to go back to tunxi, so we helped you with the bus from tangkou to shanghai, right? fortunately you got back, thanks for all. we were sorry for the misunderstanding and welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

The staff was really very helpful, spoke good english and was taking care very well.

Friendly staff, who gave me good advice and helped me planning my trip to the mountains. Food package for the walking trip was great! Wifi worked very well and you can use it even in your room. I had a good stay! Thanks!

• 20th Apr 2015

thanks for your comments, we really appreciate it. welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

Best Chinese saff met.... So friendly, and the place is definitely so quiet... I love spent few days in your hostel... thanks for all

• 17th Apr 2015

thanks for everything, wish you a good trip in china.

It's located on a road littered with hotels so the immediate surrounding area has very little choice for places to eat.

Hostel was great! Recommendations were great! Food was great! Time was great! Simple as that.

Perfect choice for travelers transiting through Tunxi (Huangshan City) as it is a short walk from the long distance bus station. Exiting station, turn left and walk 300 m. It's attache Green Tree Inn. Staff was very helpful in arranging my transfer to Tangkou (RMB 20) for Huangshan hike, as well as preparing my pack sandwich (RMB 15). Though struggling with his English, one of the staff was extremely helpful in dishing out advice on cheap food and return transport.

Location, a short walk from the bus station, was excellent since we only used Tunxi as a midway port when travelling to Huangshan etc. Laojie is a 8 rmb taxiride away, no supermarket nearby. 6-bed dorm was spacious and clean, room for luggage (you need your own lock) and heating. There were problems with breakfast; we were given different info from different members of staff, and felt like we were mistreated in the process. Breakfast doesn't really start at 9.30am, right? :P Left a bad taste.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Thanks for your comment.We always try our best to solve your problems. Sometimes it's a little bit different, because different people have different feeling towards the same thing, but they won't make trouble for you. We still remember when you came from the mountain, we turned on the AC for you because you guys seemed feeling cold. BUT you made the food you had lying all over the floor and left us a lot of trash. If there is a comment for you, it will be 4 in 10. But we just want to say thanks

The location of the hostel is inconvenient for anything other than walking to the bus station. It's a 25 minute walk to old street (or you can take a bus, but that stops at 5pm) or an hour to the TongKou bus transfer station (where you head up to the mountain). The main lobby is cold because the doors don't shut, but the rooms are nice and warm. The bathrooms don't have soap or toilet paper, so bring your own. If you plan on leaving early, tell them two days in advance. Also, the food is good!

It's the best hostel I've ever stayed. The staff was very friendly with everything I want to know and the food there was really good and reasonable. I really appreciate their help and I will recommend it to my friends.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • China

A down-to-earth hostel, and yet one of the best I've had in China so far. The staff is awesome and go out of their way to help you get to Huangshan or the villages, plan your route, book cheap accommodation on the top of the mountain, get bus tickets to other cities, and in general make your stay go smoothly. They even upgraded our room for free. Rooms and toilets clean and ACd. Walking distance to both bus station and Old Street. To top it off, it's the cheapest hostel around. I'll be back.

Thank you for giving us a comment, we really appreciate it. We are happy to have you staying in our hostel and sincerely welcome you to Huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

Booking the bus to Huangshan but no seat next morning. A little trouble on car pool arangement. Except for this, others are great.

First of all, thanks for your comments, we really appreciate it. We are terribly sorry for the trouble you had on the bus. Actually the bus belongs to the bus station, we just arrange the first bus for you in case that it is too full that some of you can't take it. We've already talked to the manager and blamed for that. And we are sure that next time you come to our hostel, everything will be better. Welcome to Huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

I really liked the Hostel, the only problem is that it is a little far away from 老街. And there is no market or restaurant near. If you want to drink beer is quite expensive too. Overall i really like the hostel, i recommend for anyone who is going to climb 黄山, the staff was really nice and the rooms really big and clean. I will come back.

thanks a lot for the good comments. we are really happy for your appreciation, and welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

The hotel is close to the station for the longterm busses, so if you arrive with the bus the hostel is a good choice. The staff is helpfully and can tell you anything about Mount Huangshan. We also liked the bar, it was just a little to cold there. But good food some nice drinks. The rooms have a good size, there are just to less bathrooms for the people, so maybe better rent a room with bathroom.

thanks a lot for giving us a comment. we really appreciate it. there is one thing that i need to tell you, there are 1 bathroom just near the room you stayed, and there are another 2 bathrooms opposite your room, maybe you didn't notice it. anyway, thanks again for your comment, and welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

Location is good : the hostel is close to Huangshan Bus station and not far from old street. The room is clean and the staff is very helful. Nice experience for me.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • China

thanks a lot for giving us a good comment. welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

They were refurnish and modernize the whole hostel and did not say a word. It was very cold, and even If we were very few clients, they gave us a room with broken air conditioner (in august should be OK but not in december!). The staff btw was nice and gave us another room (but too close to the street side). The location is not so good because you have to cross a very dangerous street and there is NOTHING around, just office and another hotel. I would not recommend this hostel.

we really didn't welcome the guests like you,as you are so mean.we supplied you the room in which there is a new air-conditioner,but you would not accept it.In fact when we went into your room it was warm instead of being cold.You knew the room price is less than $10 for one person in low seasons!It is a fact that there are few guests in winter.When we decided that we would refurnish our rooms,we closed all e-bookings on the web sites after yr booking,so there were few clients staying here.

Basic hostel. Shower was warm water. Wifi good, no kitchen.