Huangshan Cozy International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 13 Qiyun Road, Tunxi District, Huangshan, China

The staff was wonderful. They helped us figure out our plans for the weekend (we came with none) and even drove us back to the train station at the end of our stay. It was easy to catch the bus to the Yellow Mountain (or any bus from the long distance bus station) from the hotel. The bus station was only a couple minutes walk away.

The location is really great! It's right next to the bus station, which made it so easy to arrive in the middle in the night and to travel to Mt. Huang as well as back home! The staff is really nice, helpful and can answer every question but they don't give more information than they need to, that's why the Mountain entance fee took us by surprise. Food is excellent and decent price. Our Double bed room was totally a hotel standard, cozy + comfortable, but shared bath room which was ok for us.

We have a very good time in this Hostel, the staff was very helpful, it is possible to buy ticket of bus inside, the room was clean and with space, I recommend it for who want to visit Mount Huangshan and Tunxi.

• 31st May 2015

thanks for your good comments, we really appreciate it. welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

Our stay was generally excellent and we will be back! Arranging the bus to Tangkou through you ended up being a lot less pleasant than I imagine the public bus would have been. We were hurried, people already on the bus were angry, and we took a long time picking up passengers before we really got on our way. We will take a bus from the station next time.

Weak wifi, and not much atmosphere. Food is pricey considering it is a chinese hostel, so better off going elsewhere but then that is a bit of a walk to get to any restaurant. Booked bus for the mountain, but wash't told there was lightning and thunderstorms until the morning which they had known about the previous day but neglected to inform me of, and as a result I got no refund on my bus. nothing amazing about this place other than a comfortable place to stay a night or 2

thanks for your comments. we are sorry that you missed your bus to huangshan, but actually i did tell you it will be a rainy day. we could not see if it will be lightning or not the next day, we told you it would be rainy, and it would be your choice to book our bus or not. you just showed up after the bus left, of course you could not get refund for your bus. we are sorry, but that was the truth, right?

The Rooms are amazing considering it is a hostel But what was the most impressive is the service! Staff are sweetest person, and are extremly helpful. I really do recommend that place.

• 2nd May 2015

Thanks for you good comments, we really appreciate it. Wish you a good journey in China and welcome to Huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

friendly staff, offer shuttle booking service

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Huangshan Cozy International Youth Hostel. Reception was super helpful with information about how to get around Tunxi, to Huangshan, booking my bus ticket home and offering a bagged lunch option. The only minor compliant I have is miscommunication about the bus ticket/ride home. If you purchase a ride home from the hostel it is NOT with the same bus company you came to Tunxi with, therefore make sure you have the correct pick-up location/time and contact number.

thanks for your review, we really appreciate it. i do think we have some misunderstanding with each other. we told you that the bus is not leaving from tunxi, it would be in tangkou because you didn't have enough time to go back to tunxi, so we helped you with the bus from tangkou to shanghai, right? fortunately you got back, thanks for all. we were sorry for the misunderstanding and welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

The staff was really very helpful, spoke good english and was taking care very well.

Friendly staff, who gave me good advice and helped me planning my trip to the mountains. Food package for the walking trip was great! Wifi worked very well and you can use it even in your room. I had a good stay! Thanks!

thanks for your comments, we really appreciate it. welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

Best Chinese saff met.... So friendly, and the place is definitely so quiet... I love spent few days in your hostel... thanks for all

• 17th Apr 2015

thanks for everything, wish you a good trip in china.

It's located on a road littered with hotels so the immediate surrounding area has very little choice for places to eat.

Hostel was great! Recommendations were great! Food was great! Time was great! Simple as that.

Perfect choice for travelers transiting through Tunxi (Huangshan City) as it is a short walk from the long distance bus station. Exiting station, turn left and walk 300 m. It's attache Green Tree Inn. Staff was very helpful in arranging my transfer to Tangkou (RMB 20) for Huangshan hike, as well as preparing my pack sandwich (RMB 15). Though struggling with his English, one of the staff was extremely helpful in dishing out advice on cheap food and return transport.

Location, a short walk from the bus station, was excellent since we only used Tunxi as a midway port when travelling to Huangshan etc. Laojie is a 8 rmb taxiride away, no supermarket nearby. 6-bed dorm was spacious and clean, room for luggage (you need your own lock) and heating. There were problems with breakfast; we were given different info from different members of staff, and felt like we were mistreated in the process. Breakfast doesn't really start at 9.30am, right? :P Left a bad taste.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Thanks for your comment.We always try our best to solve your problems. Sometimes it's a little bit different, because different people have different feeling towards the same thing, but they won't make trouble for you. We still remember when you came from the mountain, we turned on the AC for you because you guys seemed feeling cold. BUT you made the food you had lying all over the floor and left us a lot of trash. If there is a comment for you, it will be 4 in 10. But we just want to say thanks

The location of the hostel is inconvenient for anything other than walking to the bus station. It's a 25 minute walk to old street (or you can take a bus, but that stops at 5pm) or an hour to the TongKou bus transfer station (where you head up to the mountain). The main lobby is cold because the doors don't shut, but the rooms are nice and warm. The bathrooms don't have soap or toilet paper, so bring your own. If you plan on leaving early, tell them two days in advance. Also, the food is good!

Great place to stop the night before climbing Huangshan. Staff were really helpful with organising the bus to the mountain and storing my large luggage while I was climbing. Walking distance from Tunxi Old Street with a lively market and many food options

It's the best hostel I've ever stayed. The staff was very friendly with everything I want to know and the food there was really good and reasonable. I really appreciate their help and I will recommend it to my friends.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • China

A down-to-earth hostel, and yet one of the best I've had in China so far. The staff is awesome and go out of their way to help you get to Huangshan or the villages, plan your route, book cheap accommodation on the top of the mountain, get bus tickets to other cities, and in general make your stay go smoothly. They even upgraded our room for free. Rooms and toilets clean and ACd. Walking distance to both bus station and Old Street. To top it off, it's the cheapest hostel around. I'll be back.

Thank you for giving us a comment, we really appreciate it. We are happy to have you staying in our hostel and sincerely welcome you to Huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.