Huangshan Cozy International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 13 Qiyun Road, Tunxi District, Huangshan, China

The Hostel is lokated Tunxi very close to the bus station. They can book bus tickets to Huangshan senic area or other cities with pickup service at the hostel. It's good 30 min walk away from the old street and the surrounding area is not that interesting. The stuff is very helpful arranging trips to the mountain (which way to take and booking of a hotel room). The common area is ok as well the homemade food.

The hostel was extremely clean with good tasty and filling breakfast options. The only thing we did not expect was being charged for towels and there was no soap.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Great stay at this hostel! The owner was so great and helpful with everything we needed! He planned our whole trip to the mountain to hike in a day and even drove us to the train station because we had trouble getting a taxi. Would definitely stay here again if I were in Huangshan again. Thanks for a great stay!

Nice place for cheap. They had an bus to go to the Mt which was great. Only thing missing was a kitchen but they did have a cool bar and you could buy food there.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel - helpful staff (booked some trips) and a great atmosphere. Bus station is in walking distance and to the ancient street it takes about 20 minutes.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

The staff was incredibly helpful with directions and suggestions for the trip to the mountains, and understanding when my friend and I got lost the day before and had to miss the first day we booked. The food was great, and the bunks are comfortable and clean and even have an outlet and light on each bunk (even the top ones!). The only thing that could be better is the availability of bathroom facilities. I had a wonderful stay and I'd recommend it.

• 17th Aug 2014

Very lovely staff who even knew our names! This hostel has a PERFECT location for exploring the surroundings (e.g. Huangshan Mt and Qiyun mountain) as it is located right next to the bus station. Would definitely recommend this place!

Very close to the long distance bus station. The city centre is not so close, but you can reach it by foot if you enjoy walking. They have tours to Huangshan and the ancient village; I used the second one and I can recommend it. Restaurant is very expensive considering you're in China and the kind of food they have.

Staff of the hostel was one of the most friendly staff I ever have meet. Hostel felt really homy. Definitely one of the hostels that I would recommend.

thank you for you recommendation. welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

Very chip and really nice! We didn't expect that for the price but it was really cool! Good place!

• 6th Aug 2014

thank you for your good comment, welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel

+: Very good place to stay on the way to Huangshan mountain +: The owner is the nicest guy you can imagine: helps with everything regarding planning your visit to Huangshan mountain +: Very close to long distance bus station +: Rooms are big (although a bit old fashioned) -: People are allowed to smoke in the rooms: smell -: I've stayed two nights (before visiting the mountain and after), and in two different rooms the water wouldn't run away

A fine base for going to the mountain. Was really quiet.

thanks for giving us a comment, welcome to huangshan again.

Very small thing, but it would be good if the hostel name was in Chinese characters so we could show the Taxi driver because nobody knew the English Address

thanks for your suggestion, we should do better for that. welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

enjoyed my stay here. beds very big and comfortable. my only down point was there was never any toilet paper in the toilets. very small. i recommend staying here no problem

thanks for giving us a comment. you know you are staying in 8-bed dorm with public bathroom, for the public toilet, we don't put paper inside because it will be easily taken by others for their own use. if you really need it, you can ask the staff for it. anyway, thanks for your recommendation, welcome to huangshan next time and have another stay in our hostel.

Clean and nice hostel with big rooms. Location is not really good if you want to enjoy bars and nightlife in the city so it is far from downtown, but on the other hand it is near the bus station to go to the mountain and the villages nearby. The staff was helpful but a bit hesitant and their indications confusing sometimes. Overall a good stay there.

thanks for you good comments. for the location, we are just 2 km from the downtown which is within walking distance. if you stay in china for longer time, you will know it's just a little distance. and we have some new staff here so they may don't know much about your questions. but right now they become better. anyway, thanks for your good words. welcome to huangshan again.

very good time there ! thx

thanks for your good words, see you next time

service was great. the location is good for the city although it's a decent walk to the attractions in town.

Really amazing hostel - the staff were so considerate and very easy to meet people. To get my bus they got a driver to take some others to the bus station and then to my stop, where the man waited in the rain with me to make sure I got on. Easy bus to the mountain and hongcun as well. Highly recommend.

A nice place, super convenient for the bus to Huangshan mountain or the villages (between 40RMB to 17.5 depending on which and pickup at the door, about an hour journey times). If your wondering how they fit so many rooms in the sliver of a building don't worry their actually next door in the big hotel, no fuss getting to them just a little odd. Prices for food and drink are reasonable, especially compared to some shanghai hostels. Good people.

The owner was super helpful. I needed to get to xian and ended up booking a flight. He helped me find the flight and then used his Chinese credit card since my foreign card wouldn't. It all went super smooth. Oh and the food was really good too.