Huangshan Cozy International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 13 Qiyun Road, Tunxi District, Huangshan, China

It is an hour bus ride that costs 20RMB each way to get from this hostel to Tangkou. First bus is at 6:30am, arrives at 7:30am so you can join the line of nearly 1000 Chinese people waiting to get in if you go on a weekend. You may be better off staying near Tangkou (scenic area). It costs 17RMB each way from Tangkou to the mountain. Huangshan student price 115rmb. Batrooms subpar. Bring TP

Excellent hostel, highly recommended. Very helpful stuff! If you travel to Huangshan mountain, ask the stuff of Cozy hostel to book a hotel at the top of the mountain for you (and do so ~2 weeks in advance).

Great hostel with really helpful staff. We were a very large group and they sat us down and did a presentation the mountain routes. Food was great as Tunxi is pretty much an empty town otherwise. Nice style and clean dorms, bring your own padlock.

Hi guys, the hostel is more like a hotel at least the rooms. We spent one night in a double room. The room was huge, with TV and own bathroom. Its was clean, but it could have been better! When you leave the big bus station go left for 5 minutes. Its hard to find because the entrance is very small. The receptionist was not really good in English, but somehow we could communicate. We didnt eat there because there is Chinese street food around the corner. For the price we would come back for sure!

• 27th Sep 2014

We really enjoy our stay in Huangshan Cozy International Youth Hostel. Very convenient for your trip it is located only 5min by car from the railway station of Huangshan. Furthermore the staff is more than helpful they help us to organize our trip in yellow mountain they book the bus for s and provide us lunch bags. You can eat great meal at the hostel for a good price and enjoy a drink. There is a very good atmosphère on this hostel thank you again I definitely get back if I could !!

• 25th Sep 2014

Pretty clean and comfy. No funny surprises. Very solid quality and great value for money. Close to bus station so good base to get to Huangshan Mountain. It has more of a hotel feeling, however. But that was fine for us!

The staff was incredibly helpful and always took the time to help plan a trip or book a train/bus/whatever. Highly recommended. The only thing I might say is that the shampoo in the bathrooms was empty, even though there were dispensers. Other than that I loved the stay! The hostel was just a few minutes walk from the bus station and maybe a 15-20 minute walk from the Old Street. For all of this, the price was unbeatable.

• 19th Sep 2014

thank you for giving us a comment, we really appreciate it. for the shampoo thing, the dispenser belongs to the old hotel, and then we rent this hotel without moving it away, it's not useful anymore. but if you want shampoo, you can come to the reception. anyway, thank you very much for pointing that out, we should do better.

Location wise great if your getting there via the bus but it is a bit far from the centre, which was fine with me as only used it as a base to visit Huangshan Mountain. The lady at the counter was extremely helpful and nice, she even helped me buy my train tickets to Shanghai. I booked a tour to the mountain with then as it was the weekend and I was told it was tye only way to stay the night on the mountain. If you can try to do it yourself as the tour was very disorganised.

thank you for giving us a comment, we really appreciate. the tour to the mountain was just an option to stay on the mountain, we just had a cooperation with them, but it doesn't belong to us. we will tell them your advice and help them to behave better.

I arrived late but they opened their door for me, they immediately booked the shuttle to go to the mountain early, the room was clean. I didn't stay more than a few hours but I was surprised in a good way.

This hostel is right next to the bus station, so great for daytrips. Some of the staff are excellent - the girl and the older man are extremely friendly, lovely and helpful. One of the younger guys on reception is very loud, rude and not polite, helpful or friendly, so dont bother asking him for assistance. The doubles are hotel style. Breakfast not worth the money.

thanks for giving us a comment, we really appreciate it. and we are sorry the younger guy made you feel unhappy, he was a loud-speaker, but it's his habit, we had tried to talk to him, you know habits it hard to change. maybe he will getting better.

The Hostel is lokated Tunxi very close to the bus station. They can book bus tickets to Huangshan senic area or other cities with pickup service at the hostel. It's good 30 min walk away from the old street and the surrounding area is not that interesting. The stuff is very helpful arranging trips to the mountain (which way to take and booking of a hotel room). The common area is ok as well the homemade food.

thank you for your good comments, and welcome to our hostel again once you have time to huangshan again.

The hostel was extremely clean with good tasty and filling breakfast options. The only thing we did not expect was being charged for towels and there was no soap.

This hostel was definitely the best bang for my buck throughout my travels in China. It was dirt cheap, yet it was clean and the staff was very helpful. They offered numerous tours and transportation options to Huangshan and other sites. Would definitely come stay here again and recommend it to others.

Great stay at this hostel! The owner was so great and helpful with everything we needed! He planned our whole trip to the mountain to hike in a day and even drove us to the train station because we had trouble getting a taxi. Would definitely stay here again if I were in Huangshan again. Thanks for a great stay!

Nice place for cheap. They had an bus to go to the Mt which was great. Only thing missing was a kitchen but they did have a cool bar and you could buy food there.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel - helpful staff (booked some trips) and a great atmosphere. Bus station is in walking distance and to the ancient street it takes about 20 minutes.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

The staff was incredibly helpful with directions and suggestions for the trip to the mountains, and understanding when my friend and I got lost the day before and had to miss the first day we booked. The food was great, and the bunks are comfortable and clean and even have an outlet and light on each bunk (even the top ones!). The only thing that could be better is the availability of bathroom facilities. I had a wonderful stay and I'd recommend it.

• 17th Aug 2014

Very lovely staff who even knew our names! This hostel has a PERFECT location for exploring the surroundings (e.g. Huangshan Mt and Qiyun mountain) as it is located right next to the bus station. Would definitely recommend this place!

Very close to the long distance bus station. The city centre is not so close, but you can reach it by foot if you enjoy walking. They have tours to Huangshan and the ancient village; I used the second one and I can recommend it. Restaurant is very expensive considering you're in China and the kind of food they have.

Staff of the hostel was one of the most friendly staff I ever have meet. Hostel felt really homy. Definitely one of the hostels that I would recommend.

thank you for you recommendation. welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3